Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3440782)   #1
Moby
Rookie

Moby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Press Release Thoroughbred Sportscars, change in regulations

Hope you don't mind me posting this, it came out today.

PRESS RELEASE

Motoring Classics Thoroughbred Sportscars Championship

Currently in its 39th year as a purely British institution, the Thoroughbred Sportscar Championship is now canvassing the idea of widening the entry criteria to include period sportscars from all Countries.

If the move is approved it will mean Porsches, Alfas, Cobras Corvettes etc., could soon be seen on the grid mixing it with the MG’s, Elans, Jaguars, Morgans Elvas and Healeys already out there.

Competition is run on a season long championship basis, visiting major circuits with classes catering for both standard and modified sports cars from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s running on Class 1A / 1B tyres.

The racing is exciting and competitive but friendly with an emphasis on like minded people racing their beloved classics and the idea of allowing non British marques in is to provide a little more of a cosmopolitan atmosphere to the paddock and grid.

The committee are keen to hear from all interested parties who may be looking to join a Historic Sportscar Championship but without the rigors of compliance with FIA regulations, although FIA cars are welcome.

For further information please visit www.thoroughbredsportscars.net and contact Colin Jones colin@thoroughbredsportscars.net or Pam McCarthy pam@thoroughbredsportscars.net .

The TSCC is sponsored by Motoring Classics and is currently administered by the MG Car Club.

Be good to see some of those 1970's Porsche's out there.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3440835)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Hmm, that's news to me. Nothing on the website (I look after it) and no news from Pam, perhaps she's trying to tell me something.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3440836)   #3
Moby
Rookie

Hi Tim,

I thought they had sent something through to all registered competitors, maybe its not arrived yet.

I think it could be good for the Championship though.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3440848)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Was that by post? I'm not registered this year but I'm still kept informed by email of most goings on.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3440849)   #5
Moby
Rookie

Not sure to be honest.