Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 17 May 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2692882)   #1
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for Jeff Llewellyn, Roy Standley and info re their 6R4

I also posted this on Uphill Racers, but I thought I would post it here as well - just on the off chance.

I am currently in the process of compiling the history of an MG Metro 6R4 that spent a few early years hillclimbing, and wondered whether anyone had any relevant information about the car.

The car is question was not road-registered, appeared in an all red livery, and was hillclimbed by the likes of Autosport's Simon Taylor, Power Engineering's David Power, Jeff Llewellyn and Roy Standley between 1988 and 1996 as far as I can tell.

Here is a photo that Sherlock posted on Ten Tenths over on the MG Metro 6R4 thread - taken at Shelsley Walsh in 1992...

I have found some online results from when Jeff hillclimbed it at Shelsey and Prescott in 1992/3, but nothing for any of the other names mentioned.

Do you remember the car? Do you have any info, results, event details, etc? Do you have any photos of the car in action or in the paddock? I'd love to see them if you do.

Roy is currently hillclimbing a Mitsi Evo 5, but what is Jeff up to these days? Do you have any contact details for either of them? A PM might be better if you do have a phone number or email address for them, rather than posting them on a public forum.

Any help and assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2923536)   #2
michaelmcm
Rookie

michaelmcm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re roy standly 6r4

Did you find much information on Roys Standleys old 6R4?
Old 11 Jul 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2925056)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roy will probably be at the next Shelsley so I'll try to get the opportunity to ask him about it. I vaguely remember the car, but not Roy driving it.