Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:14 (Ref:3813842)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that will do it, Cindric rolls the dice and will make his strategy work with Newgarden and they'll have the fuel to turn the wick back up. But that's why he's the Captain's chosen engineer

WOW, I was completely wrong there. Cindric made it sound like they needed a bit of fuel luck and nope, not making it. Fresh tires can not be that big at Phoenix for 15 laps.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:14 (Ref:3813843)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ed Jones into the wall. Second FCY.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:19 (Ref:3813844)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wickens leading, Rossi third at the restart, gonna be fun
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3813845)   #29
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
12 to Google under yellow. Don't panic Wickens.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:24 (Ref:3813846)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only 8 to go. They took some time clearing that up.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:26 (Ref:3813847)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that was a waste, only 3 didn't pit made the end ridiculous compared to the race. Good race, terrible end you could see coming when I saw everyone drop away for the Indy lead lap only restart and the silver car run 4. If I was any of the 3, Wickens, Hinch or Rossi I'd be ****ED. They made it sound like only a few pitted and think most of the field pitted and the three staying out were screwed.

My fault for not paying attention but wow did NBCSN not even mention everyone who pitted the second caution lap and got out of Newgarden's way.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3813848)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Newgarden, that was a superb move round the outside of Wickens. A great drive by Wickens but his tyres were going.

That was Penske's 10th win at Phoenix, so congrats to them.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3813850)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Race ended and was greeted with Alice Cooper on the screen with what I'm guessing he may have actually brought himself costume on Jesus Christ Superstar. Yeah, watching the race on my phone is not ideal but lost to the fiance grabbing the remote while I did the dishes.

At least Resurgens Rye is good and the new oval kit looks great. Looking forward to it at Indy and might actually watch a bit of Texas to see how it goes at insane sustained speeds
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:42 (Ref:3813851)   #34
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Wickens did great defending. Was a fun finish. Decent race. Nice moment from Rossi and Wickens after the race there. Then Newgarden was very modest, almost self-deprecating and complimentary to the team. Really a stark contrast compared to f1 drivers on both instances and makes it hard to pull against any of these guys.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:50 (Ref:3813853)   #35
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Oh no! Hunter reay just did a "hi to my boys back home". Are we really about to suffer through Pruett part deux?
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3813855)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Race ended and was greeted with Alice Cooper on the screen with what I'm guessing he may have actually brought himself costume on Jesus Christ Superstar. Yeah, watching the race on my phone is not ideal but lost to the fiance grabbing the remote while I did the dishes.

At least Resurgens Rye is good and the new oval kit looks great. Looking forward to it at Indy and might actually watch a bit of Texas to see how it goes at insane sustained speeds
Knob Creek for me and discussing "life" with my visiting brother and his wife superseded my full attention, but it was my first full race via the Roku. Not near the quality of picture from the cable box but I can't see anything clear, let's be honest. Commercials were a little much, but such is American "tv".

I don't think I can stomach anymore Texas...
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:54 (Ref:3813856)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I can't say that was the most enthralling race. I thought it took a long time to get going and it wasn't until after that cycle of pit stops, with about 64 or so laps to go, that the different strategies started to play out.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 03:58 (Ref:3813858)   #38
RWill2073
Veteran

It wasn't the greatest, but to me, Phoenix never is. I enjoyed this one as much as any if not more. Just not that great a track imo.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 04:02 (Ref:3813860)   #39
RWill2073
Veteran

After 2 races, two of three penske drivers outside of top 10 in points. Enjoy it while you can...
Old 8 Apr 2018, 04:09 (Ref:3813861)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Knob Creek for me and discussing "life" with my visiting brother and his wife superseded my full attention, but it was my first full race via the Roku. Not near the quality of picture from the cable box but I can't see anything clear, let's be honest. Commercials were a little much, but such is American "tv".

I don't think I can stomach anymore Texas...
Surprisingly Sling (yes, dish network so not really cord cutting) has been great on my Roku 3 and cell through the app. Crystal picture almost all night here aside from signal problems a couple times. Through the Roku was always great but that was the Sling app on there as well but lost the TV to not moving fast enough and a desire to clean the kitchen.

But cell and app meant start on the race on the sill above the sink so
Old 8 Apr 2018, 05:05 (Ref:3813867)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Result:

A Chevy powered car won but the rest of the top 6 places were taken by Honda.

1 Josef Newgarden, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 250. 1h44m00.3552s
2 Robert Wickens, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 250. 2.9946s
3 Alexander Rossi, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 250. 3.4890s
4 Scott Dixon, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 250. 3.8175s
5 Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 250. 4.0122s
6 James Hinchcliffe, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Dallara/Honda. 250. 9.4497s
7 Ed Carpenter, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 250. 9.4731s
8 Tony Kanaan, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 250. 9.8650s
9 Graham Rahal, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 250. 10.1747s
10 Simon Pagenaud, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 250. 10.3247s
11 Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan. Dallara/Honda. 250. 10.9443s
12 Marco Andretti, Andretti Herta. Dallara/Honda. 249. 1 Lap
13 Sebastien Bourdais, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 249. 1 Lap
14 Spencer Pigot, Ed Carpenter Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 249. 1 Lap
15 Gabby Chaves, Harding Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 249. 1 Lap
16 Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport. Dallara/Honda. 249. 1 Lap
17 Charlie Kimball, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 248. 2 Laps
18 Max Chilton, Carlin. Dallara/Chevrolet. 247. 3 Laps
19 Matheus Leist, AJ Foyt Enterprises. Dallara/Chevrolet. 241. 9 Laps
20 Ed Jones, Chip Ganassi Racing. Dallara/Honda. 228. Contact
21 Kyle Kaiser, Juncos Racing. Dallara/Chevrolet. 174. Contact
22 Will Power, Team Penske. Dallara/Chevrolet. 153. Contact
23 Pietro Fittipaldi, Dale Coyne Racing. Dallara/Honda. 40. Contact
Old 8 Apr 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3813925)   #42
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still not a superb race but definitely better than the aerokit races here.

Some thoughts:
Power - What was that all about? Plenty of other people were passed into T1 but didn't run out that wide.
Rossi - Looked like a man possessed coming through the field, shame there wasn't more footage of his comeback as it showed passing could be done. My early tip for the title.
Wickens - No question this guy will win a race this year. SPM's winter overhaul has definitely made them look like contenders.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:31 (Ref:3814029)   #43
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Rossi and Newgarden literally drove their wheels off.

Ok, not literally, that was Leist.

- o -

Sometimes we complain that race control is too trigger happy with caution yellows. This time, there were several incidents where they kept the race under green flag.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3814034)   #44
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Sometimes we complain that race control is too trigger happy with caution yellows. This time, there were several incidents where they kept the race under green flag.
Forgot about that, I was glad they gave a chance to see if the cars hitting the wall had a chance to recover back to the pits themselves or Leist's wheel stopping in a "safe place".
Old 8 Apr 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3814035)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Rossi and Newgarden literally drove their wheels off.

Ok, not literally, that was Leist.

- o -

I was a little surprised they didn't throw a caution, when Leist's car turned into a tricycle and he then promptly did a 180ยบ in it. Otherwise, I thought race control got it right and let the race flow. I hope they are consistent throughout this season. In the past I think there have been too many unnecessary cautions, for "debris", in order to bunch up the field.