Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 Jul 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4169323)   #6226
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like a major schedule change coming in 2024, with Laguna Seca second up in the schedule in March and a later Nashville as the season ender.

Marshall Pruett story here.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4169337)   #6227
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And a big gap for those expensive international games, and a redesign of the Nashville circuit coming too cause Titans stadium is too old at 23.
Old 22 Jul 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4169428)   #6228
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently the ACO is running Indy now, penalty announced this morning from Toronto. Harvey will drop 9 places for his inability to make the corner on Lap 1 at Toronto
Old 24 Jul 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4169745)   #6229
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Championship standings after the Hy-Vee IndyCar Weekend

Old 24 Jul 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4169797)   #6230
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Grosjean still not nailed on at Andretti for next year yet.
Wonder where he might end up if he isn't retained?

I would have thought RLL will have at least one spare seat! 2 of their 3 drivers continue to struggle and the other one might be on a lot of teams radars after Toronto.

I hope Felix gets a reprieve at AMSP or gets a chance elsewhere, things just don't go his way.
Old 24 Jul 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4169809)   #6231
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Retirement?
I'm not sure why any of the big teams would want him.
I could almost understand a smaller team might want him, as his occasional speed means a big result could happen, but for me that is outweighed by having to repair his car far too often.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 24 Jul 2023 at 22:27.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 02:06 (Ref:4169831)   #6232
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

I would have thought RLL will have at least one spare seat! 2 of their 3 drivers continue to struggle and the other one might be on a lot of teams radars after Toronto.

I hope Felix gets a reprieve at AMSP or gets a chance elsewhere, things just don't go his way.
If RLL has a seat Grosjean could bring enough to take it over and be better option than kids in NXT appear to be.

Andretti will have a couple open seats with Grosjean and Devlin out (I think I remember that being decided), wonder if Malukas has been pushing for the seat and bringing some cash to take Devlin's ride. Just feels like with Grosjean's radio that they have both agreed he's out and he's ready as well. Wonder if it's another Indy seat or home and rides in things that make him happy like Button.

Do wonder if we will see more cars full time or a couple cars dropping out. I think we could still see bumping at Indy but 1-2 cars
Old 25 Jul 2023, 06:14 (Ref:4169841)   #6233
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If RLL has a seat Grosjean could bring enough to take it over and be better option than kids in NXT appear to be.

Andretti will have a couple open seats with Grosjean and Devlin out (I think I remember that being decided), wonder if Malukas has been pushing for the seat and bringing some cash to take Devlin's ride. Just feels like with Grosjean's radio that they have both agreed he's out and he's ready as well. Wonder if it's another Indy seat or home and rides in things that make him happy like Button.

Do wonder if we will see more cars full time or a couple cars dropping out. I think we could still see bumping at Indy but 1-2 cars
I was reading an interview with him a few weeks ago that suggested he was going to be fairly committed to the Lamborghini Hypercar in WEC and IMSA. See if I can find it.

OK found it..... here is a short extract of a more detailed interview with Romain, from the Lamborghini website, dated end June'23, so about a month ago: https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/ne...omain-grosjean

Sounds fairly full time with WEC and IMSA and development driving.

"As well as the FIA World Endurance Championship, which includes the famously challenging Le Mans 24 Hours race, the LMDh will also contest the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship in North America. This marks Lamborghini’s greatest commitment yet in motorsport following three class wins in the GTD category at the 24 Hours of Daytona, two consecutive wins in the Sebring 12 Hours, and numerous other successes during the past decade. Now the Hypercar class of the world’s two most fiercely contested endurance racing championships beckons, with Grosjean one of the drivers leading the charge.

“I’m very excited to be part of the project with the LMDh for next year,” he says. “I love the brand, I like the project, I like the approach, I like the people behind it. I know there’s a lot of work to do and there’s going to be a lot of learning for everyone, but I’m ready. Lamborghini is a brand that loves to be successful, one with a lot of history. So when we go into something, we need to do it right.”

Last edited by E.B; 25 Jul 2023 at 06:22.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 12:12 (Ref:4169884)   #6234
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Grosjean switching categories, although we'll see if he makes the full time switch to sportscars

Great interview by the way, it's gonna be a big step for him into sportscars. But at least he has the experience and it gives him a chance at LM and other great sportscar races. I reckon he could do quite well in the IMSA category. But I wonder how long he will do it for? I am sure there are other categories he's interested. It would be nice to see him in DTM. But I wish him well either way
Old 25 Jul 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4169940)   #6235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gotta say I missed this, but great news for Juncos:

https://racer.com/2023/07/25/first-m...point-for-jhr/

Finding sponsorship in racing is a tough job, especially for a new team in a new series. Glad to see progress has been made!
Old 26 Jul 2023, 04:39 (Ref:4169961)   #6236
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tero Palmroth has founded a project called Indy junior Academy Finland-USA. Purpose is to find two or three drivers who would drive a test on an oval track in the USA in the fall. He initially wants finnish driver in a smaller Road to Indy class, they have a 5-7 year plan.

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000009644556.html
Old 26 Jul 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4170002)   #6237
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Tero Palmroth has founded a project called Indy junior Academy Finland-USA. Purpose is to find two or three drivers who would drive a test on an oval track in the USA in the fall. He initially wants finnish driver in a smaller Road to Indy class, they have a 5-7 year plan.

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000009644556.html
That's very interesting. You wonder who they are thinking of getting. Will be a big step for whoever gets that chance, but will be fun to watch all the same. It's certainly a big change from what they are used to.
Old 27 Jul 2023, 05:35 (Ref:4170083)   #6238
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That's very interesting. You wonder who they are thinking of getting. Will be a big step for whoever gets that chance, but will be fun to watch all the same. It's certainly a big change from what they are used to.
Big change from what who are used to?
Do you mean the project owners, or potential drivers?
Old 27 Jul 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4170126)   #6239
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Tero is looking for a guy with F2 experience, then the only option would be Niko Kari (only four F2 starts), other potential names are mayde William Alatalo or Patrik Pasma. Tero does not reveal the IndyCar team with which the cooperation agreement was agreed, I think it could be Dale Coyne Racing.

The financing pattern is structured in such a way that in the background of the driver there is a Finnish company that already has a business in the United States or is planning to do so.

At least half of the budget is required from the company and the driver's stakeholders.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/formulat/a/...7-070802ec5446

Last edited by kurski; 27 Jul 2023 at 11:21.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 01:32 (Ref:4170862)   #6240
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Lundqvist taking over for Pagenaud at Nashville, let's see if he can make the first corner, if you see Harvey back out and let him hit the wall himself

https://racer.com/2023/07/31/lundqvi...-in-nashville/

Have to wonder if Simon is done in the car. And if we could see Blomqvist and Lundqvist in the MSRs next year
Old 1 Aug 2023, 05:16 (Ref:4170879)   #6241
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Lundqvist taking over for Pagenaud at Nashville, let's see if he can make the first corner, if you see Harvey back out and let him hit the wall himself

Have to wonder if Simon is done in the car. And if we could see Blomqvist and Lundqvist in the MSRs next year
Two drivers who i'd like to see in the series fulltime fo sure.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4170924)   #6242
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Two drivers who i'd like to see in the series fulltime fo sure.
I would like to see both drivers in the series as well, but I think MSR wants to keep Simon. However, he suffered a serious crash which is taking longer to recover from than I was expecting. It may be that an early retirement is in the cards? I hope not, but also expect Simon to make the best decision for his long-term future.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4171089)   #6243
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Latest Silly Season from Racer:

https://racer.com/2023/08/02/indycar...ville-edition/

Lots of moving parts yet to be decided.
Old 8 Aug 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4171886)   #6244
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Linus back for Indy road course

https://racer.com/2023/08/08/lundqvi...y-road-course/
Old 8 Aug 2023, 20:41 (Ref:4171898)   #6245
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Gotta think Simon is done then. Sadly sounds like he won't get the TK send off but might be for the best, concussions aren't to be trifled with
Old 8 Aug 2023, 21:03 (Ref:4171901)   #6246
S griffin
Veteran

I think it’s the right time for Simon to retire. He’s had plenty of success and this injury won’t dent his achievements. I’m sure he will come to terms with this
Old 9 Aug 2023, 00:40 (Ref:4171910)   #6247
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Looks like a major schedule change coming in 2024, with Laguna Seca second up in the schedule in March and a later Nashville as the season ender.

Marshall Pruett story here.
Since the IMSA (ALMS at that time) race at Mosport (CTMP) moved into July back in 2011, it and the Toronto IndyCar race have understandably always had to ensure there was at least one week separating them, as having both events on the same weekend in the Toronto area would be nonsensical. Following the pattern of the most recent years, the presumed dates for 2024 appeared to be July 7 for IMSA, and July 14 for IndyCar.
But the IMSA announcement of their 2024 schedule has July 14 for Mosport. I have trouble believing they would intentionally put it on the same weekend as IndyCar in Toronto.

The Mosport IMSA date was apparently an unpleasant surprise to some as it creates another date conflict with the FIA WEC (though somewhat mitigated by the GTP class no longer racing at Mosport). I assume there must be some valid reason for the shift of date, yet I have heard nothing about why the presumed dates of the IMSA or IndyCar events would have to be changed.
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4171950)   #6248
S griffin
Veteran

Indycar has always managed to work out a schedule that doesn't clash with other major North American races for the most part. Always enjoy watching Toronto. Anyway it's good they have a full calendar for next year. It's not always easy to avoid clashes. Sometimes they can't avoid it. Of course IMSA has gone through some tough times, but Indycar is in a tricky situation with Toronto

Personally I don't feel there's much wrong with the Toronto date. However the series hasn't quite matched the good times of a few years ago. They have to go with what they can get. And I don't think they worry too much about what Indycar does
Old 9 Aug 2023, 10:59 (Ref:4171958)   #6249
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Though some races have been confirmed for 2024, the schedule has yet to be finalised. It now looks like Laguna Seca won't become Round 2 in March, due to the potentially adverse weather along the California coast at that time of the year.

https://racer.com/2023/08/04/more-20...tes-locked-in/
Old 9 Aug 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4171961)   #6250
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah. the entire reason it was NOT the early race in the schedule in the past while they were out west. Amazed me they even thought about it, would have been miserable and possibly cancelled. IMSA race a month later had fog so bad they couldn't see across the track