Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 19 Aug 2003, 09:06 (Ref:691983)   #26
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far out! It's the old dudes who like period piece Mustangs club. See, honey, I'm not the only one!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 00:50 (Ref:692755)   #27
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moffat, every now ansd then I see a mint '64 convertible and it reminds me of the oh so cool plastic Mustang that I got in my Captain Crunch long long ago.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 07:18 (Ref:692902)   #28
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the left coast is full of electricity, sunny skies and old mint looking cars that have me constantly craning my neck. Just yesterday when going to the aquarium with the family, I pointed out a beautiful blue 67 or 68 fastback Mustang to my wife and got an indifferent reply, but have been teaching the kids the various shapes of the neat old cars seen around here. It is amazing how cars don't rust out here....

and I'd have to say that the new angular Mustang shape looks cool to me. Getting the ride in the Mustang pace car around Brands had an added bonus of an extra juicy exhaust system and although I still prefer smaller cars, this latest styling excercise looks like it means business to me.

remember the fastback in the Bond film? Was it Diamonds are forever, with youknowwhat-galore?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 17:38 (Ref:693522)   #29
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gee deej, I don't recall, but I agree that the proposed new 'Stang is the Cat's PJ's.

(you know what-galore! ) I barely remember.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 18:52 (Ref:693598)   #30
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey deej! How ya been?

My brother has just restored a 66 Mustang fastback with all the right touches, Tiger Paw tires on classic Crager mags. cool.

My biggest dissapointment with the McLaren/Mustang, is that it appears that little was done to improve the suspension/handling, which to me is the much greater sin of the 80's Mustangs. More than how it looks. It can be made to look cool, but it should have also been made to handle.

The answer to your last question, djb, is pussy. In fact it's the answer to lots of questions, isn't it?
Old 21 Aug 2003, 03:56 (Ref:693946)   #31
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not bad Neil, just been putting more energy into the home front lately.
Now, as this is a "family forum" and I at least was making some sort of semblence of restraint in not writing the kitty cat word, I shall desist in this direction of conversation

aand E, "I barely remember"-ha!,this coming from a guy who has on numerous occassions extolled the virtues of a certain white bikini worn by a certain Ursula.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 17:39 (Ref:694587)   #32
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil C
... In fact it's the answer to lots of questions, isn't it?

I forgot the question.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 11:17 (Ref:695411)   #33
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neil - as insightful as ever!

Us forty year olds dreaming of better days
Old 22 Aug 2003, 12:28 (Ref:695548)   #34
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely - has an air of a Ford Sierra about it from the front.
Old 22 Aug 2003, 12:57 (Ref:695578)   #35
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
Logrence, I hope, for the sake of all of womankind, that you are back to talking about the ASC McLaren?
Old 22 Aug 2003, 15:40 (Ref:695727)   #36
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One would certainly hope so!

The burning question, though, is what have you found out Neil? I have been following this thread for weeks, fascinated by what you might turn up. Do you need to sharpen your sleuthing skills? We need info!
Old 22 Aug 2003, 20:53 (Ref:696021)   #37
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was talking about the funny looking McLaren, yes...

Now really Neil - whether you're only interested in this woman for her car or not, you have to do whatever it takes to get us some information!
Old 22 Aug 2003, 22:35 (Ref:696086)   #38
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
I've been traveling a bit to much to follow up. Next week I'm on the road as well, but be patient. I'll report what I find.

My sleuthing skills are fine Emfa, it's just my sluting skills that are a bit rusty!
Old 23 Aug 2003, 03:43 (Ref:696172)   #39
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Well that explains that then! We know you'll do us proud - it is a worthy pursuit, after all.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 02:18 (Ref:698934)   #40
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
I happened to run into Miss Valerie today at the airport. Just as I thought of her, she walked into view (cue Twilight Zone theme song)

Here's the scoop. The car is an '84 ASC/McLaren built from the Mercury Capri, rather than the more common Mustang. It is a bright red convertable w/ Recaro seats. She has it started a couple times of year, and she says the tires need to be replaced (due to rubber decay).

I told her she should get the thing roadworthy, replacing all rubbery, liquidy and fibery bits, then enjoy it. I offered my assistance, being the gentleman I am.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 22:17 (Ref:700084)   #41
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Ha! It is meant to be!

If I knew you any better than I do, I'd be tempted to call you a right sl**! But I don't, so I won't.

Oh, BTW - thanks for clearing up the mystery surrounding the McLaren.