Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 7 Nov 2003, 11:08 (Ref:775820)   #1
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plum Pudding races, Mallory, Boxing Day

"News of my death has been very much exaggerated"...

The Plum Pudding races are back on - two races for two classes - Graduate/Academy spec Caterhams and Monopostos. Entry forms from BARC Midlands (only £100 for both races). If anyone wants to race in the Caterhams I might be able to find rental drives.

Last edited by graeme; 7 Nov 2003 at 11:09.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:37 (Ref:775892)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a posting about this on the marshals forum. Anyone interested should contact BARC via the website : www.barc.net and get the details from the Midlands Centre pages.

Hope to see lots of you there.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:44 (Ref:775904)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the first year we have a raceable car in the winter there isn't a suitable race
Old 7 Nov 2003, 12:48 (Ref:775907)   #4
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What can I say? It is unfortunate that we can't let everyone who wants to race do so but we are only "filling in the gaps" in between the bikes and, as you know at that time of year daylight is severely limited. So, apologies to anyone who may be disappointed.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:02 (Ref:775923)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thats OK!

It sounds like such fun...
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:06 (Ref:775926)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Do you know just how pathetically wistful you sound?

Why don't you come and marshal instead?!!

Sheila
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:15 (Ref:775933)   #7
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Adam - why not rent a car - I think ERA are hoping to have some cars in the singleseater race - you might not win but you can pretend you're Jim Clarke! Or a Caterham...?

BTW looking at your profile I recognise that sticker - were you in the Spa Historic 3 Hours earlier this year?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:40 (Ref:775963)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just got a mail from Mallory saying it is 95% certain but word is awaited from New Era (the organising bike club)
Old 7 Nov 2003, 13:51 (Ref:775974)   #9
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Paul,

New Era are only organising the bike part of this meeting. BARC Midlands Centre are sorting the cars.

Sheila
Old 7 Nov 2003, 14:01 (Ref:775983)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll accept your guidance...now to convince my good lady of the benefits of Boxing Day at Mallory...I suppose if I promise to only photograph from spectator enclosures that will help...and of course the swings help for the little one
As a matter of interest what state are the pits and paddock likely to be in? when is the improvemnet work scheduled to be completed?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 14:03 (Ref:775987)   #11
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
does mulled wine stand up to being kept in a flask?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 16:41 (Ref:776124)   #12
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New Era are only organising the bike part of this meeting
If last years events are anything to go by they think they have a say in the way the cars run as well!!!
Old 7 Nov 2003, 16:52 (Ref:776129)   #13
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
does mulled wine stand up to being kept in a flask?
Dunno but bring some along on the day and I'll let you know!!

Sheila
Old 7 Nov 2003, 17:51 (Ref:776176)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am sooooooooooo tempted. The car is still dented. The suspension is hanging on at a peculiar angle but it is driveable and............... I get back to the UK on 24th December and......................... I could ask Ken to put a new steering rack in and.......................... Nooooooooooooooooo.

Where do I apply?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 17:53 (Ref:776178)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oops. Just read the top of the thread. My car doesn't qualify. *phew*.
Old 7 Nov 2003, 18:28 (Ref:776213)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
Adam - why not rent a car - I think ERA are hoping to have some cars in the singleseater race - you might not win but you can pretend you're Jim Clarke! Or a Caterham...?

BTW looking at your profile I recognise that sticker - were you in the Spa Historic 3 Hours earlier this year?
Pretend I'm Jimmy? Surely I'd have to win to do that

Yes I was, great fun. Where you there?
Old 7 Nov 2003, 19:04 (Ref:776246)   #17
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Or the car to break (to be like Jimmy)

Yep, I was in the Spa 3 Hours - fantastic race, with pitstop stratergy and everything! I was in the "Prisioner" Caterham (green with yellow nose). I overtook one of the XJs through Eau Rouge - it wasn't you was it? - it seemed a good idea at the time and was a fantastic buzz, but in hindsight if it had gone wrong
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:26 (Ref:776291)   #18
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Peter....let's see you in an ERA replica
Old 7 Nov 2003, 20:40 (Ref:776296)   #19
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmmmm! Citerham BX 16v.

Would I get away with the entry?
Old 8 Nov 2003, 11:47 (Ref:776804)   #20
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just how much daylight do you have in winter?

Here in Australia, we race virtually all year round except Summer. It's just too bloody hot.
Old 8 Nov 2003, 12:10 (Ref:776821)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
I overtook one of the XJs through Eau Rouge - it wasn't you was it? - it seemed a good idea at the time and was a fantastic buzz, but in hindsight if it had gone wrong
There's a surprising amount of space through there. And sport/saloon cars have a wider choice of line than single seaters.

An ERA Replica? Now that sounds like fun. Trouble is were do you put the radio?
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:13 (Ref:779194)   #22
stuartscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
waresley, sandy,beds
stuartscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What cars can enter if any or is it just Caterham's.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:20 (Ref:779204)   #23
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Just Graduate/Academy spec Caterhams in the Caterham race; and Monoposto spec single-seaters in the Mono race.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 21:42 (Ref:779222)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graeme, are you likely to achieve a full grid of Caterhams? If not will you consider opening it up to other cars of similar performance?
Old 11 Nov 2003, 07:45 (Ref:779547)   #25
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Ooh, don't know. I can't see us getting 28 Grads... 20-odd hopefully. I had no problems with it being an open race as it was in the past, but the organisers wanted a "proper" race with regs to go with it. Can only suggest you ask the organisers.