Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Dec 2003, 10:36 (Ref:800148)   #1
fordfan
Rookie

fordfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VY Full Spec finishes 12th in championship.

Garth Tander and Garry Rodgers finished the season in 12th position in the blueprint vy which they raced all year.Pity the pathetic effort by the factory holden team in running the current spec car was another backfire for them.For the smaller teams like GRM and Dynamic to have a go they must be congratulted. The bitsa factory effort was a joke.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 10:47 (Ref:800163)   #2
pigsy
Rookie

pigsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the thing that sucks is they'll be allowed to run these non-full spec cars again next year.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 10:55 (Ref:800168)   #3
Red Army
Rookie

Red Army should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pigsy
And the thing that sucks is they'll be allowed to run these non-full spec cars again next year.
Yes, clearly Holden's devilish plan to run away with the series worked to perfection!

Give these guys a go.

And to be fair, HRT were in line to finish the championship 2nd and pushed Ford, SBR and Ambrose right up until the last race of the last round.

If you call that effort a "joke" you are extremely hard to please.

I'd be more concerned at the apparent lack of performance from FPR (Ford's official factory team remember).

Almost a year to build a single motor that when finally installed, coughed and spluttered it's way around and was clearly no faster than the aging GSR units still being used.

And this with the backing and full technical support of Prodrive, one of the world's largest motor racing concerns

There is clearly a need to increase efforts from all sides next year if anyone (blue or red) has a chance of pulling back Ambrose and SBR.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:14 (Ref:800236)   #4
cw
Rookie

cw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The fundamental inability for the majority of posters on this site, to be able to comprehend the massive task, for HMS to field 6 competitive v8 supercars in the 2003 championship, catagorically proves how out of touch you are. To create a new engine, that has to be better than the heavily developed 18 deg unit, is quite a task. Proper engineering does take an inordinant time.

If I was working in the industry, the only reason I would read this forum, would be for the light, incompetent relief you provide
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:31 (Ref:800263)   #5
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crack Whore, if this is the case, why did they push so strongly for the new motor?

One again, it seems Holden wants to have their cake and eat it too!

Last edited by Gaz170; 1 Dec 2003 at 12:31.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 20:42 (Ref:800662)   #6
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's funny how people screamed when Holden were allowed ot use the new motor, and now scream when they are not all using it

I really don't see where it is in anyones best interest to have rules which force the scrapping of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of perfectly good engines that "do not" give a parity advantage over the competitions engines.

Yes potentially the factory team should have had these engines in the cars, but in all honesty with all of the drama's that they were put through this year is it any wonder they didn't get everything going as smoothly as they could have.

My 2c worth.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 20:45 (Ref:800665)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's a novel idea for Holden, dont ask for any performance enhancements unless you have a commitment date for hard cutover to the new equipment...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Dec 2003, 21:01 (Ref:800672)   #8
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What makes you so sure Holden want a performance enhancement?? We aren't whingers like the Ford boys, we get on and race without the word parity.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 21:21 (Ref:800693)   #9
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here's a novel idea for Holden, dont ask for any performance enhancements unless you have a commitment date for hard cutover to the new equipment...

very true GTR! and they were told this. when the HMS engine was requested a time frame was involved, this was changed several times and finally the vx/vy compromise was approved.at the time several high ranking people in Avesco and TEGA requested a more detailed "please explain". and that was in layman terms, why do you ask for a more powerfull engine and then claim you need more time to produce it when you came to us with the detailed plans and costings?.

this was never answered and never will be. the rule should be if you ask for it and get it use it,whether or not you are ready or made a mistake.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 22:45 (Ref:800782)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ford didnt ask for Holden to have the Aurora did, LP lobbied for it.... and got it, and promptly only ran 1 car with it on board, while the unloved VX was Mr Dumbrell's toy for the season.

TEGA has been limpwristed on this issue, as they have been on many others this season
Old 2 Dec 2003, 01:56 (Ref:800970)   #11
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the way dumbrell drives you can hardly blame him..
Old 2 Dec 2003, 02:21 (Ref:800986)   #12
GT_Falcon
Rookie

GT_Falcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Army
Yes, clearly Holden's devilish plan to run away with the series worked to perfection!

Give these guys a go.

And to be fair, HRT were in line to finish the championship 2nd and pushed Ford, SBR and Ambrose right up until the last race of the last round.

If you call that effort a "joke" you are extremely hard to please.

I'd be more concerned at the apparent lack of performance from FPR (Ford's official factory team remember).

Almost a year to build a single motor that when finally installed, coughed and spluttered it's way around and was clearly no faster than the aging GSR units still being used.

And this with the backing and full technical support of Prodrive, one of the world's largest motor racing concerns

There is clearly a need to increase efforts from all sides next year if anyone (blue or red) has a chance of pulling back Ambrose and SBR.
Settle Down Dave, your picking on FPR now, we all remember what a roaring sucess HRT was when they first started. Anyway shouldn't you be getting another box of tissues for your best buddy Skaife.
PS Has Skaife got that number 1 of his car yet?
Old 2 Dec 2003, 03:13 (Ref:801011)   #13
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Ford didnt ask for Holden to have the Aurora did, LP lobbied for it.... and got it, and promptly only ran 1 car with it on board, while the unloved VX was Mr Dumbrell's toy for the season"

sorry, i must be mistaken but since when is a VX supposed to run a HMS engine? also a much loved VX hmm Perkins cars seemed good enough for a bathurst 2nd last year? Would you mind explaniing for all in the audience exactly what is wrong with a perkins VX using your obviously vast race car engineering knowldge?
Old 2 Dec 2003, 03:21 (Ref:801025)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well lets see, should we mention the spare car Richo had, which was a VY converted from the best of the 3 VX's, which sat spare at CPR most of the season, or the new 2nd VY which has been around for a few weeks now, and could have been rolled out for Pukekohe and/or Eastern Creek?

CPR used the #8 car as a way to use up the spare parts accumulated over the many seasons of racing them, and with Dumbrell at the wheel, it did not achieve many laps quicker than when Dumbrell was at the wheel of the IRCA Wynns KVS car at the same circuits in 2002.

I find it ironic that the main person pushing for this new engine chose not to roll it out to the 2 cars in his team.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 05:57 (Ref:801112)   #15
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
What makes you so sure Holden want a performance enhancement?? We aren't whingers like the Ford boys, we get on and race without the word parity.
Take that tonuge ou of your cheek