Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Nov 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1449515)   #1
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toll to HSVDT, Westpoint to HRT? (From AA)

In the latest AA it says that the HSVDT will wear Toll colours next season and will be called Toll Racing.
Tratt says nothing has been signed but an official announcement will be made in the lead up to the Phillip Island round.
It also says that Westpoint will join HRT as a major backer after DJR's decision to go a different way in sponsorship.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1449690)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just me, or is it sad that the Symbol teams dont seem to be able to bring new sponsors to the sport, instead they pinch ones already in the sport with other people?

Assuming AA knows which way is up of course
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Nov 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1449807)   #3
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how, exactly, is the blue of Westpoint supposed to fit in with the red of HRT?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1449832)   #4
observer
Rookie

Australia
australia
observer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr
So how, exactly, is the blue of Westpoint supposed to fit in with the red of HRT?
Just like the 99 VT, Red front blue rear.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1449852)   #5
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, instead of the old drivel about the "red barons", will the commentators bore us with comments on the "blue @rsed fliers"?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1449865)   #6
SkaifeysGal
Racer

Australia
Medowie
SkaifeysGal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be weird seeing westpoint written on the HRT cars after having been on the djr cars this year

Cam, Your a Legend mate!!!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1449922)   #7
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least Pirtek's logo has some red in it. Getting blue and yellow to match red and white would test even a gay interior decorator.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1449965)   #8
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is it just me, or is it sad that the Symbol teams dont seem to be able to bring new sponsors to the sport, instead they pinch ones already in the sport with other people?

Assuming AA knows which way is up of course
In case you haven't noticed, GTR (and I don't think you are the sort of person who would not notice) new sponsors are not exactly queuing at the front gates of V8 Supercar teams with fists full of dollars and the gap between the haves and the have-nots seems to be growing steadily wider.
Of course, it could just be my imagination but I don't think so.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1449984)   #9
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
In case you haven't noticed, GTR (and I don't think you are the sort of person who would not notice) new sponsors are not exactly queuing at the front gates of V8 Supercar teams with fists full of dollars and the gap between the haves and the have-nots seems to be growing steadily wider.
Of course, it could just be my imagination but I don't think so.
Use-by-date looming!!!!!!!

This occurs when, after a period of time, people become disillusioned and dis-satisfied and begin to lose interest/focus.

It may be that the series will self destruct in a few years

mike
Old 2 Nov 2005, 01:19 (Ref:1449992)   #10
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sport is still attracting new sponsers. At the beginning of the season Westpoint, Autobarn and Fujitsu became involved in the main series. New sponsers will arrive in '06 for SBR, DJR and PM - apparently not in the series as major backers in '05.
However, I'd prefer the same sponsers hanging around and sponsering new teams, rather than leaving the category altogether.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 2 Nov 2005, 01:33 (Ref:1449999)   #11
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When and Who was the last big name sponser to jump on board AVE#CO (sorry should be V8SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA) supertaxi series.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 2 Nov 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1450004)   #12
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
Use-by-date looming!!!!!!!

This occurs when, after a period of time, people become disillusioned and dis-satisfied and begin to lose interest/focus.

It may be that the series will self destruct in a few years

mike
Are you good mates with 'Just do it' Mike???
You two sing the same song.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 02:42 (Ref:1450026)   #13
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
When and Who was the last big name sponser to jump on board AVE#CO (sorry should be V8SUPERCARS AUSTRALIA) supertaxi series.
Autobarn are quite large for the clientelle they are trying to attract.

Fujitsu are one of the larger Aircon suppliers in the country, and dabble in other electics and even finance.

Westpoint, well, I am unsure of how large they are, but that may be because I don't take a massive fancy in financial companies.

Ozjet may not be pumping money into FPR for their singage, but they are a large sponsor name, being an Ex F1 sponsor.

Next year, you have Jen-Weld, and DJR possibly bringing a new sponsor.

In the past 5 years, you have had Betta come back in a larger role than they had with JFR, Orrcon, Decorug, WOW sight and sound, BP (yes, Castrol, I know, but the average viewer doesn't)....

How can you say in your right mind that sponsors aren't coming. Perhaps large sponsors are far and few between, but you only have to go back a few years and the Smaller sponsor cost these days garnering small funds would have funded a one car team.

The sponsor market is getting smaller though, i have to admit. We have more TV shows, channels, sports, events than ever before, and every day businesses die and are born. But to say that V8's will die soon is a rather narrow minded view.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1450035)   #14
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911
Are you good mates with 'Just do it' Mike???
You two sing the same song.
No, not mates!

However, been involved in Speedway in the SA and NT until mid 1990s at both competition and Office bearer level.

Have not missed a meeting at Adelaide Parklands from inception in 1985 so I have seen all sorts of sectional interests come and go. Many pick up their bat and ball and go elsewhere because their focus changes

Mike
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:22 (Ref:1450040)   #15
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Westpoint and HRT? I can't see that working unless it's small sponsorship, kinda like the current Stegbar.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 03:25 (Ref:1450041)   #16
BJAY
Racer

Australia
Canberra, Australia
BJAY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Autobarn are quite large for the clientelle they are trying to attract.

Fujitsu are one of the larger Aircon suppliers in the country, and dabble in other electics and even finance.

Westpoint, well, I am unsure of how large they are, but that may be because I don't take a massive fancy in financial companies.

Ozjet may not be pumping money into FPR for their singage, but they are a large sponsor name, being an Ex F1 sponsor.

Next year, you have Jen-Weld, and DJR possibly bringing a new sponsor.

In the past 5 years, you have had Betta come back in a larger role than they had with JFR, Orrcon, Decorug, WOW sight and sound, BP (yes, Castrol, I know, but the average viewer doesn't)....

How can you say in your right mind that sponsors aren't coming. Perhaps large sponsors are far and few between, but you only have to go back a few years and the Smaller sponsor cost these days garnering small funds would have funded a one car team.

The sponsor market is getting smaller though, i have to admit. We have more TV shows, channels, sports, events than ever before, and every day businesses die and are born. But to say that V8's will die soon is a rather narrow minded view.
...and don't forget Bigpond. They put a huge amount into the sport to make it better.

WPS have also brought a lot to the sport as a whole.

BJ
Old 2 Nov 2005, 04:31 (Ref:1450060)   #17
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
Westpoint and HRT? I can't see that working unless it's small sponsorship, kinda like the current Stegbar.
You mean Stegbar, who for years were a minor sponsor on one car, then became Jeld-Wen, as the major sponsor for the same car? Why wouldn't it work @ HRT? FPR still have title sponsors on their cars, despite being the "factory" team.... (although how long they retain CAT is debatable....)
Old 2 Nov 2005, 04:49 (Ref:1450062)   #18
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically I just can't picture it you know. It's HRT, and I don't know the history as much as you guys, but all I know of is that HRT livery and it's many different variations (and I'm not even a HRT or Holden supporter for that matter) but I just can't picture a big "Westpoint" on the bonnet or side of the car.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 05:00 (Ref:1450063)   #19
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they could incorporate a big "W" (as opposed to a "BIG W", I guess!) into the logo somewhere.... W for Westpoint, W for Walkinshaw.....
Old 2 Nov 2005, 05:08 (Ref:1450064)   #20
Racer

Mozambique
Homeless
Guest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many of sponsors of the teams first started there involvement with motor sport as a sign on the wall. Are teams really pinching sponsors from other teams or elsewhere?
Old 2 Nov 2005, 05:43 (Ref:1450070)   #21
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so if Toll goes to HSVDT or whatever they call themselves does that mean the end of Anthony Tratt ? or will he pop up in a good team with a good car finally ?

Is Mr tander and Young Rick signed for next year or are we going to see Anthony land a plum ride ?

Im only speculating of course because i dont have a clue and was curious , as Tratty is very close to Paul Little (he's the bloke behind Toll isnt he ?)
Old 2 Nov 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1450073)   #22
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tratt has a good relationship with Paul Little, but Anthony Tratt belongs in the Development Series, not in the main game.

Tratt land a plum ride? Only if he were driving a truckload of plumbs from one fruit shop to another.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 05:58 (Ref:1450080)   #23
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL

yeah I know Tartty isnt a top flight driver but just because Of the relationship I was wondering if it was possible to see him there perhaps ?

But you never know maybe he just needs a really good car underneath him
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:23 (Ref:1450092)   #24
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mate, I'm just glad I didn't part with my hard earned $$$$ at Bathurst & buy that Westpoint Jacket.... Just remembering how warm it was over there & I must say I was tempted a few times..
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:32 (Ref:1450097)   #25
Alco
Rookie

Alco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The real question is what will become of the PLR franchise? Has this been sold to someone else (Larry?) or has Ave$co taken out another level 2?