Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Jun 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1017367)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great PS1 games!!!

Right, now I know I'm going nuts....

Last year I bought a Sega Mega Drive and lots of games after a conversation with an old friend about the greatest games. This then led to me buying an Amiga and games which then led....you get the picture! Yes, I am very sad.

But I love playing old games that remind me of what I used to do and used to be interested in. I can't explain why, I just do!!!!

Anyways, after digging out some old Playstation demos last weekend and running through about 50 of them, I decided to get my old, original PSOne back off my dad (took some persuasion) and start buying all the games I used to have and which I regrettably sold a few years ago. The money I got off them probably went on some sweets or something ridiculous like that and I regret selling them! I want them back!

I've drawn up a list of what I want. I'm sure there are plenty more to add to the list:

Formula 1 (the Psygnosis original)
Worms
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3
Actua Golf 1 or 2
Twisted Metal 1 and World Tour
Destruction Derby 2
Grand Theft Auto 1, London and 2
Command and Conquer 1 and Red Alert
Colin McRae Rally 1
Micro Machines V3
Need for Speed (the original)
Monster Trucks (by Psygnosis, I've never seen this in any shop EVER!)
Ridge Racer Revolution
Wipeout 2097
Felony 11-79

As I say, that's all I can think of at the moment. Obviously I'll be looking for them at places like eBay and all that, should pick most of them up for a fiver or less!

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions for games to add to this list or if you have any you would sell for a ridiculous price let me know! (must have instructions and original packaging!)

Old 27 Jun 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1017516)   #2
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOCA 2. Although this frustarting game is responsible for the death of my ps1 after i smashed the controller into the console.

Worms Armaggedeon is far superior to normal Worms.

Alien Reserection.
This is by far the hardest and sacriest game i've ever played. Although there is a handy invincable cheat which means i was able to complete it in a year rather than never.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1017560)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yup, got Toca2....and Toca1 and WTC!

I've got all the Metal Gears and GT's before anyone says them!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 15:13 (Ref:1017573)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got pretty much all of them, but i'm not selling them!
I still regret selling my SNES and all the games, so i'm not going to make the same mistake again!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 17:49 (Ref:1017759)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I regret selling many a thing.....so now I keep EVERYTHING I buy!

My mother hates the amount of stuff I have in my room.....she refers to it all as junk. What the hell does she know!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 18:49 (Ref:1017881)   #6
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember being addicted to F1 '97.
It had much better handling that the original, and any that came after too, as a matter of fact....
Old 27 Jun 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1017884)   #7
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd try charity shops as well. Loads of funny old games around...saw 'Z' for the PC in one yesterday - I love that game!
Old 27 Jun 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1018176)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PUZZLE FIGHTER!
capcoms street fighters duke it out over your puzzle mastery
simply the most fun game involving gems, jewels, or candies or whatever those are, and stacking and blowing them up
Old 27 Jun 2004, 22:32 (Ref:1018189)   #9
Speck
Rookie

Speck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
PUZZLE FIGHTER!
capcoms street fighters duke it out over your puzzle mastery
simply the most fun game involving gems, jewels, or candies or whatever those are, and stacking and blowing them up
Man, you read my mind!! One of the first games I owned when I got my Playstation, but still one of the most fun.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1018816)   #10
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent so many hours playing on the original F1 game...

Get Rayman or something as well...my mum always anjoyed that.
Old 28 Jun 2004, 15:41 (Ref:1018974)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
How about...

Colony Wars Red Sun
Tony Hawks 3
Colin McRae 2 (better than the original)
Madden 200X
Old 28 Jun 2004, 16:38 (Ref:1019044)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Speck and GTT....I have Puzzle Fighter too! It's awesome!

I remember one particular evening I got playing and when I next checked my watch it was 6 o' clock in the morning!

Ahhh, the old days of 1997/1998/1999 stopping up until daylight with some mates on the Playstation! Sad but bliss!
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1019860)   #13
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ISS Pro '98
Tony Hawk (any are great)
Jonah Lomu Rugby
Bomberman (original, not 'World')
Point Blank 2

So many other great games too.
I also sold most of mine, all I have left is Premier Manager '98, GT1 and 2, F1 2000 (EA one), Pro Evo 2 and Toca WTC (disc scratched, doesn't work.)
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1019949)   #14
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ridge Racer Type 4. Greatest racing game ever.

Metal Gear Solid. It's a classic, still beats most games on this style today.

Formula One. Miles better than thier PS2 re-hashs'.

Colony Wars. It was brilliant. CW Red Sun is another good one too.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1020232)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
Ridge Racer Type 4. Greatest racing game ever.
I bought that and thought it was a pile of I ended up giving it away.

The best racing game is TOCA WTC, much better than Race Driver, GT, Ridge Racer or anything else for that matter.
Old 29 Jun 2004, 19:07 (Ref:1020495)   #16
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argh! TOCA world touring cars is a pile of pants.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1021062)   #17
Sirio
Rookie

Sirio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
toca 2 was the best.
I loved how all the drivers seemed to drive like Paul Radisich does in real life. If you tried to drive smooth without hitting anyone in the first corner then you got hammered. It was best just to give someone a 'Paul' up the inside and away you go!

V rally 2 championship edition is very good with a track editor so you can make your own tracks with hills etc
Old 30 Jun 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1021064)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Argh! TOCA world touring cars is a pile of pants.

I thought that the first couple of times I played WTC but after a bit of perseverance I got really into it, the racing is really close and frantic, good damage effects and better AI than its rivals. Great game.

Last edited by BertMk2; 30 Jun 2004 at 07:59.
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1030001)   #19
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver 1 and 2 are dangerously addictive.

I see there is Driver 3 on PS2 now.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1030028)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knowelsy I have in no particular order, 3 amigas, an atari st, amiga cd32, n64 and ps one so when I have finished unpacking it all (i moved house last week) I will have a search thru cos Im sure Ive got a lot of those.

and theres nowt wrong with having old consoles!
Old 8 Jul 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1030039)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
Knowelsy I have in no particular order, 3 amigas, an atari st, amiga cd32, n64 and ps one so when I have finished unpacking it all (i moved house last week) I will have a search thru cos Im sure Ive got a lot of those.
I've still got my ST as well - I actually still use it too, mainly for sensible soccer and Llamatron.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 01:57 (Ref:1030879)   #22
jklein6419
Racer

United States
florida
jklein6419 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cart world series is a great game that i still play today. i think its the best champ car game on any console that is until 2005 of course.
Old 9 Jul 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1031266)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani

Nowt wrong with it at all! Nice to know there are some people like me in this sens.......although my best mate has started buying ps1 games now as well.

Anyways, so far I have managed to buy:

GTA
GTA: London
GTA2
Command and Conquer
Command and Conquer: Red Alert
Wipeout
Wipeout 2097
Actua Golf 2
Dino Crisis
Rage Racer
Doom
Newman Haas Racing
Crash Bandicoot
Micro Machines V3
and.....Formula 1!

Just got F1 this morning and the menu music from Joe Satriani is something special. I'd forgotten all about it until I loaded the game up. What a game!
Old 9 Jul 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1031750)   #24
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How I wish I never sold Abes Oddessy for a fiver

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 10 Jul 2004, 13:00 (Ref:1032282)   #25
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm re-doing GT2 at the moment. Started on Friday lunchtime, I've only got to do the endurance races now to get 100%.