Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Nov 2020, 03:48 (Ref:4018354)   #126
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like 2020 was a very very rough year for the series. Hope they make a comeback and get the grids at the European tracks to have at least a dozen GT3 cars like they used to. Sebring 24 hours looks very promising. I wonder what they have in mind as it appears IMSA is going to partner with Creventic.

Hope they repeat what they did at COTA and take an overnight break.
Old 23 Nov 2020, 09:57 (Ref:4018370)   #127
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
2020 was always going to be a tough year, this series I don't think featured highly on many people's radars. We'll see what happens next season, hope for the best, but it's not going to be easy, if they can get a decent number of cars on the grid with enough different makes that would be a good start. And yes Sebring 24 is one to look forward to. We'll see what they do with that, if IMSA can do enough to help out, that would be a big bonus.

Although that is interesting what they did at COTA, obviously they like to do it differently over in America, although I wouldn't count doing a 24hr with an overnight break as a proper 24hr race like Le Mans or Daytona. Those are proper round the clock sportscar races for me and others. Splitting it in two is fine, but it's not quite the same for me and it maybe should not technically be called a 24hr race. But hey, each to their own, it's nice to have a bit of variety out there
Old 5 Jan 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4026931)   #128
Gatorboy
Rookie

United States
Lakeland, Florida
Gatorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I have been following this series for a few years. I really like the YouTube coverage that they bring. I live in Florida about 2 hours from Sebring and would like to get tickets for the Sebring race. My question is how do you get tickets for the events.

Thanks
Old 5 Jan 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4026951)   #129
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might be a option for free access. From what I remember, 24h COTA was open for anyone, but only some grandstands (or even none) were open.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4027978)   #130
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysiek_aleks View Post
There might be a option for free access. From what I remember, 24h COTA was open for anyone, but only some grandstands (or even none) were open.
There were a few of grandstands open at CotA, but only at the first two or three corners. Not enough spectators to warrant having more.

Sebring is likely to be the same - but it's too early to know for certain - still more than 11 months away.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4030896)   #131
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Our Report from the 24h of Dubai:
http://www.gt-eins.de/Berichte2021/24h/Dubai/dubai.html
... has recently been added with a bunch of driver lap time analysis of all classes:

Have a look at the end of the report to find your favorite Class/Team/Driver there.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4030899)   #132
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame the 6h of Abu Dhabi wasn’t streamed, but wasn’t the largest of entries anyway
Old 24 Jan 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4030901)   #133
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Shame the 6h of Abu Dhabi wasn’t streamed, but wasn’t the largest of entries anyway
Do you like to sleep with one of the most boring races? A field with only a few cars and a shitty track.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4030922)   #134
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Do you like to sleep with one of the most boring races? A field with only a few cars and a shitty track.

If this race was in April I wouldn’t bother watching it, in January maybe I’d be a little keener down to lack of other options
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4062108)   #135
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
There was supposed to be a 24H race at Portimão the weekend just gone. I was originally planning to go but cancelled the trip ages ago. I now see the race was cancelled … or at least I assume it was since all mention of it has simply vanished. The 24H Series Twitter was counting down the days but just stopped and started counting down to Barcelona instead with no word of a Portimão cancellation. Googling throws up no announcement or statement. It’s as if the planned race never existed outside my fevered imagination!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4062127)   #136
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was cancelled due to Germany imposing something like a 4-week quarantine for those returning from Portugal, making it impossible for German-based teams to fit the event into their schedules.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4062130)   #137
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Hey I’m sure you are right! I can’t confirm or correct you because there’s literally no information or mention anywhere I have looked
Old 5 Oct 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4077039)   #138
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Thread bump!

The 24H Sebring will be held on November 18-20.

https://www.24hseries.com/races/hank...h-sebring-2021

The provisional entry list has 35 cars, including 8 GT3 and 8 GT4.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4077065)   #139
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the info. How much difference will it make? Of course the daylight hours will be the main change. But hopefully it's a good event and with a great variety of cars lined up, no reason for it not to be
Old 5 Oct 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4077071)   #140
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
How much difference will it make? Of course the daylight hours will be the main change.
How much difference will what make to what?
Old 5 Oct 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4077072)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

Just wondering how different the Sebring 24 hours being run in November than the 12 hours being run in March? Is the daylight that much different?
Old 5 Oct 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4077074)   #142
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Just wondering how different the Sebring 24 hours being run in November than the 12 hours being run in March? Is the daylight that much different?
You know it’s a different series and event, right? Just checking!

The 12 hour runs 1045 - 2245 and it gets dark between 1800 and 1900.

This 24 hour is running 1300-1300, will get dark about 6pm and light about 6am so it will be very close to half dark, half light.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4077107)   #143
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
OK, so after that slightly odd little diversion...

I'm going to this event. It will be my first overseas motorsport trip since the Daytona 24 in January 2020. Frankly the entry list is a little disappointing, but I am going to see cars driving round Sebring day and night so it's all good .
Old 5 Oct 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4077109)   #144
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
OK, so after that slightly odd little diversion...

I'm going to this event. It will be my first overseas motorsport trip since the Daytona 24 in January 2020. Frankly the entry list is a little disappointing, but I am going to see cars driving round Sebring day and night so it's all good .
They will take entries to the very last minute but yeah i saw that entry list posted earlier too. A race like this just conflicts with Petit Le Mans and Indy 8H too much
Old 5 Oct 2021, 23:25 (Ref:4077121)   #145
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
They will take entries to the very last minute but yeah i saw that entry list posted earlier too. A race like this just conflicts with Petit Le Mans and Indy 8H too much

I don’t think any of the European races this year have had a particularly better entry. 24H has had a pretty slim year, a series now completely leaning on its running of the 24h Dubai at the start of the year, then very much petering out through the rest of the year
Old 6 Oct 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4077200)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

I disagree. I think the entries have always been decent in all events, especially at this time when the world economy hasn't been great
Old 6 Oct 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4077210)   #147
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
I disagree. I think the entries have always been decent in all events, especially at this time when the world economy hasn't been great
Are you sure you’re in the right thread?
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4077336)   #148
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Are you sure you’re in the right thread?
Its safe to say the number of entries for the European races this year has made the racing fairly uninteresting
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4077346)   #149
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Its safe to say the number of entries for the European races this year has made the racing fairly uninteresting
Am I right in saying that the entry numbers were:

Dubai - 52 total; 34 GT, 18 TCE.
Mugello - 42 total; 29 GT, 13 TCE.
Paul Ricard - 25 total; 17 GT, 8 TCE.
Hockenheimring - 30 total; 22 GT, 8 TCE.
Barcelona - 32 total; 24 GT, 8 TCE.
Hungary - 16 total; 11 GT, 5 TCE.

If so - I wouldn't describe Paul Ricard and Hungary as decent numbers compared to Dubai....
Old 7 Oct 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4077347)   #150
S griffin
Veteran

That’s only really two events though. The other European events have got high enough numbers. Not quite as good as Dubai true, but definitely big enough grids IMHO