Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Sep 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3927938)   #101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
So grumpy won .
Not bad for a knackered late middle aged balding bloke.
Hope he gets to Red Lion before he starts on the celebrity booze!
About time!
Well done to the whole team John! Hope they’re over the hangover by next weekend....
Old 14 Sep 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3927939)   #102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched a great race for the Sussex Trophy. Two tethers starred in that Sam Hancock and Roger Wills. Really very good racing.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3927945)   #103
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great race but commiserations to Geraint Owen . Hopefully the damage looks worse than it is .
Old 14 Sep 2019, 18:01 (Ref:3927950)   #104
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed although I suspect it will be expensive.
Old 14 Sep 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3927952)   #105
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Will
No 356’s in that race
Looking at times not quickest of drivers but a show for the MOG
...didn’t see any 356s on the entry list....shame!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 15 Sep 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3928040)   #106
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why were so many cars DSQ from the St Mary's? Somewhere I read it said six, including the winner. A clamp down?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Sep 2019, 06:31 (Ref:3928041)   #107
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
How can they disqualify people
As someone said this morning in the words of that other great fifties icon
Conway Twitty. “It’s Only Make Believe”

The two Yank Tanks never raced at Goodwood nor anywhere in Europe and since when has a A35/40 had a 1275 plus engine.

It’s a show biz operation not an exact re-enactment of history
Maybe seeings not believing but it’s great entertainment as long as you don’t take it to seriously!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 06:35 (Ref:3928043)   #108
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Why were so many cars DSQ from the St Mary's? Somewhere I read it said six, including the winner. A clamp down?

What does scrutineering cover ? Or are these teams all cheating (which is the obvious conclusion) ?
Old 15 Sep 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3928062)   #109
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The result sheet on TSL says that 7 cars were disqualified for "non compliance".

I don't know what they are being measured against because as far as I know, none of the St Mary's cars conform to FIA App K - and never have......

Interesting to see if these cars take the grid for the second part of the race today.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 08:38 (Ref:3928063)   #110
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is it that you are allowed to break the “rules” a bit but not a lot!
If history were to be repeated Jags would win by miles and then late on a Galaxy would turn up probably driven by a smart arsed Aussie to beat them

It’s just not like the good old days

Talking about 99 when this jamboree started!
Old 15 Sep 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3928129)   #111
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The result sheet on TSL says that 7 cars were disqualified for "non compliance".

I don't know what they are being measured against because as far as I know, none of the St Mary's cars conform to FIA App K - and never have......

Interesting to see if these cars take the grid for the second part of the race today.
The commentator just mentioned that the Studebaker had roller rockers. Just plain cheating? Pretty easy to spot I would have thought.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3928131)   #112
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I’ve seen Pre War cars with those at Goodwood!!
Nothing new.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3928132)   #113
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
The HrDC has some pragmatic rules for 50's saloons, primarily outlining weight and engines. It'll be weight that's being checked first and foremost, I've only ever encountered one scrutineer at Goodwood and he was reading the scales upside down on count of his heritage.

Everything else for this cars is pretty much free, the lap times for the top 8 certainly suggest a little 'optimisation' of geometry and running gear, even if engines are anything approaching correct.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3928148)   #114
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well a cracking TT with all three places on the podium featuring former Audi Factory drivers.

Didn't know there was more than one of those Tojeiros.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3928150)   #115
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Well a cracking TT with all three places on the podium featuring former Audi Factory drivers.

Didn't know there was more than one of those Tojeiros.
I thought there was two of most things historic now, one as an investment and one to race? Or just build a replica if the originals in question.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3928164)   #116
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Roller Rockers
Old 15 Sep 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3928166)   #117
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
What would be interesting is whether competitors were warned about checks for them before the Meeting!

My only small connection with the Revival is from watching French spectators in their classics arriving at Pompey for the ferry home. Some nice XKs, an E Coupe, MGB and TR2 so far. All everyday / regularly driven classics, by the look of them.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3928179)   #118
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What would be interesting is whether competitors And associated desperadoes/cheats bothered reading or considering the regulations before accepting the huge advertising/promotional opportunity of the Meeting!
:
I've fixed that for you.

Mini Marcos anyone?
Old 15 Sep 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3928182)   #119
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
What would be interesting is whether competitors were warned about checks for them before the Meeting!

My only small connection with the Revival is from watching French spectators in their classics arriving at Pompey for the ferry home. Some nice XKs, an E Coupe, MGB and TR2 so far. All everyday / regularly driven classics, by the look of them.
I encountered a few classics en route during my trip over on Thursday - a '67 Mustang from Belgium on the Tunnel train, an Alfa Giula GT & Volvo 1800ES - again both Belgian - on the M20, a gorgeous Swiss Jaguar Mk2 on the M25 and an XK120 at Clacketts Lane. The GiPi Motors truck was waiting at the Tunnel too.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3928201)   #120
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 more cars DQ'd in St Mary's part 2, and not the same ones as yesterday. Mostly electronic ignition I believe. This (and yesterday's roller rockers) is so easy to check, why let them even practice? It's good to see that action is being taken, but it does make the race a complete nonsense. If I'd paid to spectate I'd want my money back.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3928269)   #121
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was to see a return to free-to-view live streaming, so well done Goodwood.

I was able to watch most of Saturday & a bit of Sunday morning. It certainly looked pretty warm.

Bob, I was reminded of the time we sat outside the press tent early one morning enjoying a bacon buttie & being bemused by all those German-speaking Scots arriving in their private planes!
Old 16 Sep 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3928285)   #122
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Enjoyed the free live streaming too. Do you know what happened to the nice and fast Giulietta? The driving level is very high, any grid imo.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3928303)   #123
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Enjoyed the free live streaming too. Do you know what happened to the nice and fast Giulietta? The driving level is very high, any grid imo.
either its 2L twin spark engine expired, or maybe one of the double wishbone coilover rose joints rattled out
Old 16 Sep 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3928315)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
6 more cars DQ'd in St Mary's part 2, and not the same ones as yesterday. Mostly electronic ignition I believe. This (and yesterday's roller rockers) is so easy to check, why let them even practice? It's good to see that action is being taken, but it does make the race a complete nonsense. If I'd paid to spectate I'd want my money back.
Same both days:

On Saturday: 5;6;7;19;21;22; and, 49.

On Sunday:7;6;12;49;22; and, 19. Only 5 not DSQ'd but that car DNF'd.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3928316)   #125
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved the mid-engined Maserati in the Sussex Trophy.