Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jan 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1815166)   #26
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maby BMS need another ticket to LM.
Maby they want to bring 2 cars. One invitation with the FiaGT, another through Sebring?
Or do they think they be more succesfull in the ALMS, seeing a poor season in the FiaGT
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1815209)   #27
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
They ran Le Mans with Michelins, and likely did still have their ALMS stickers on as well.
Nope.

Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1815224)   #28
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everything that I've read that sounds like more informed speculation than uninformed speculation says BMS at Sebring is more of a testing concern for Pirelli than a probe to running an ALMS season.

Do you think that a team that struggled to top GLPK, Zakspeed, Vitaphone and Phoenix last year would really think that it would have more luck against P&M on tracks it's unfamiliar with?
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1815225)   #29
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Exactly, and that is what raised my curiousity!

L.P.

JAG; you have probably already seen it but here you go anyways.
http://www.the-paddock.net/newsphoto/Asi2007/asi21.jpg
http://www.the-paddock.net/newsphoto/Asi2007/asi34.jpg
No I hadn't seen that but was aware of a Le Mans display at the Autosport show.

I've seen that XJR-10 in Historic Group C/GTP, along with the 5, 7, 12D, 15, 16, and 17.

Last edited by JAG; 14 Jan 2007 at 21:34.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 02:19 (Ref:1815412)   #30
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Do you think that a team that struggled to top GLPK, Zakspeed, Vitaphone and Phoenix last year would really think that it would have more luck against P&M on tracks it's unfamiliar with?
Perhaps not "more luck", but just as much. The teams you mentioned are stiff competition indeed and I don't think the simple mention of P&M's name should scare BMS away. If teams required a 100% win probability instead of just a fighting chance, then only few racing teams around the world would be left.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 07:34 (Ref:1815505)   #31
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Everything that I've read that sounds like more informed speculation than uninformed speculation says BMS at Sebring is more of a testing concern for Pirelli than a probe to running an ALMS season.

Pretty unlikely, and certainly not if they're running on Pirellis......
Old 15 Jan 2007, 18:28 (Ref:1815872)   #32
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to DSC it looks like Aston will not race in the ALMS.

To be fair, they never intended to race as a factory outfit other than at Le Mans, maybe we should ask why no US team stepped forward?

This does through into doubt GT1 as a class unless GM is satisfied to race in Europe.

Otherwise the most likely option is a step down to GT2, or maybe GM will step upto the P1 challenge?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1815888)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
<Why would an American team run a C6R , there was no interested party who wanted to run a Viper in its hayday !!

Be nice to see GM go LMP1 but on another thread it was mentiuoned that GM wanted to stay with "silouette" class racing .

Looks like Enge will be in a works DBR9 for Le Mans though .

Be great to see Pratt & Miller in the LMS but its seriously overbooked already . I reckon what they should do is throw support at GL-PK and PSI for the Fia GT and at Alphand for the LMS , technical , financial and drivers .
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:48 (Ref:1815928)   #34
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger

Be nice to see GM go LMP1 but on another thread it was mentiuoned that GM wanted to stay with "silouette" class racing .
I Don't know if something like that would have any chance of succes under the current rules, but couldn't they built a Corvette-like looking LMP1-coupe, like they did in the 80s with the Corvette GTP?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1815933)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
I Don't know if something like that would have any chance of succes under the current rules, but couldn't they built a Corvette-like looking LMP1-coupe, like they did in the 80s with the Corvette GTP?
For 2010? I would like it but I think it's not realistic.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1815936)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Looks like Enge will be in a works DBR9 for Le Mans though
Petersen-White Lightning has signed Enge for ALMS. According Murphy the Bear they have applied for 2 LM entries. So Enge for PWL at LM?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1816047)   #37
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Petersen-White Lightning has signed Enge for ALMS. According Murphy the Bear they have applied for 2 LM entries. So Enge for PWL at LM?
Enge's clearly a man in demand this year. He's confirmed with PWL in the ALMS and seems certain (according to DSC) to drive an LMP1 car in the LMS at rounds which don't clash with the ALMS. Add to that his close links with Prodrive/Aston Martin and the confirmation that Aston Martin Racing having definitely accepted their two Le Mans invitations, Enge for PWL at Le Mans looks to be far from a forgone conclusion.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1816072)   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Enge's clearly a man in demand this year. He's confirmed with PWL in the ALMS and seems certain (according to DSC) to drive an LMP1 car in the LMS at rounds which don't clash with the ALMS. Add to that his close links with Prodrive/Aston Martin and the confirmation that Aston Martin Racing having definitely accepted their two Le Mans invitations, Enge for PWL at Le Mans looks to be far from a forgone conclusion.
If PWL does go to LeMans and Enge does not drive for them I would release him !! If PWL doesn't go its another thing.

L.P.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1816096)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
If PWL does go to LeMans and Enge does not drive for them I would release him !! If PWL doesn't go its another thing.

L.P.
If PWL have applied for an entry they'll get it, I'm sure. But AMR have accepted their entries already. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Enge had already been signed up for Le Mans by AMR prior to him signing for PWL to run in the ALMS, is it?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1816118)   #40
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
If PWL have applied for an entry they'll get it, I'm sure. But AMR have accepted their entries already. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Enge had already been signed up for Le Mans by AMR prior to him signing for PWL to run in the ALMS, is it?
No it is not beyond the realm. But if PWL does go to LeMans and Enge is signed with Prodrive he should ask Prodrive to release him for LeMans. It would be the sporting thing to do!

L.P.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 00:04 (Ref:1816123)   #41
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe PWL signed him with the knowlage that he already has a drive for Le Mans ..... I think the man would be mad to ask Prodrive to realese him for Le Mans . Its a done deal for ALMS , and thats all that has been officially said about it by all parties concerned , so far .

Many drivers have differant drives arranged for that "special" race .
Old 16 Jan 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1816133)   #42
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Maybe PWL signed him with the knowlage that he already has a drive for Le Mans ..... I think the man would be mad to ask Prodrive to realese him for Le Mans . Its a done deal for ALMS , and thats all that has been officially said about it by all parties concerned , so far .

Many drivers have differant drives arranged for that "special" race .
Or maybe they signed him with the stipulation that if they did go to LeMans he would drive for them!?? Who knows?? It should be such a dilemma to have to choose which team to drive for at LeMans!!!

L.P.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 08:37 (Ref:1816279)   #43
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Enge will be with AMR at Le Mans.

I have mixed feelings about this "announcement of sorts". I certainly am disappointed that the GT1 class may be abandoned for a year, and that the level of competition might be reduced. Of course, there are still teams interested in the class, and if there are teams to race against, it is feasible that Corvette and a couple of other cars, could see the class at the same levels in terms of numbers next year anyway.

I am however glad to be rid of Dave Richards and some of the other principles of Aston Martin Racing. The level of public complaining they did was embarrassing to the sport, and really it is good to see them go. They bullied their way into making a mockery of the class, and I truly hope that IMSA learned a valuable lesson. Organizations such as AMR are not needed, nor desirable in the way they operate.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1816525)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Enge will be with AMR at Le Mans .
He a busy little man then

LMS for Charouz Racing in a Lola B07/10 with a Judd GV5.5 when dates dont clash with Alms for PWL in a Ferrari 430 GTC and Le Mans for AMR ........

Brilliant !!!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1816547)   #45
The Badger
Veteran

So , AMR are returning home to Europe ..... where does that leave GT1 then without their support ?
Be too much to hope for , that more than one American team or manufacturer gets interested in supporting GT1 in their own series .

Is the C6R a production chassis ?
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1816925)   #46
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
So , AMR are returning home to Europe ..... where does that leave GT1 then without their support ?
Be too much to hope for , that more than one American team or manufacturer gets interested in supporting GT1 in their own series .

Is the C6R a production chassis ?
1) That at the moment is the 1,000$ question!

2) Well maybe we will finally see a new Viper homologated on the new street version this year( some time)?? Maybe someone will build a competitive car to sell that does not cost the whole sac!!!

3) C6.R chassis?? elaborate please! Also http://palmeter.com/C6RInfoIndex.htm

L.P.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1816999)   #47
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Mr Badger might be being a little mischievous on point three. Maybe some reference to the C6R not being completely 'kosher', as has been expressed (and vehemently denied) previously on this forum.

I'm saying nothing!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1817016)   #48
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
I think Mr Badger might be being a little mischievous on point three. Maybe some reference to the C6R not being completely 'kosher', as has been expressed (and vehemently denied) previously on this forum.

I'm saying nothing!
Neither am I !!!

Silly thought on my part .
Old 17 Jan 2007, 06:25 (Ref:1817176)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Neither am I !!!

Silly thought on my part .
Bloviation with the absence of espoused rhetoric! Amazing!

L.P
Old 17 Jan 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1817379)   #50
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
So if AMR doesn't run in the US next year, who will take there place?

Oreca has always confirmed "no" to running at Sebring. Now that doesn't leave out any end of the season running, which Petit is part of it and a way into Le Mans for '08. That is unless they focus on the LMS and run selected FIA events.

So who's left? I'm not sure one of the more "profesional" private teams like BMS is capable of running with GM/P&M. Not unless they get some competitive rubber to run on. I believe their drivers are up too the task.

I also wonder why nobody stepped up with a program to run Aston's here either. Obviously when the conditions suit, the car is competitive.

I just don't see anybody else out there, unless it was somebody off the radar we haven't heard or seen about before.

Who else is out there??