Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3624371)   #1
fredfan
Rookie

fredfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you like the WTTC calendar? If you could what would you change?

Do you like the racing tracks the championship visits? What kind of tracks do you think produce exciting racing? If you had the opportunity, which track would you add to the schedule and which ones would you remove?
Old 19 Mar 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3624414)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's a shame Macau went. That was always a great way to end the season, like Adelaide was in F1
Old 19 Mar 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3624439)   #3
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuits are not the main problem of the WTCC, and we know that: it's cars' fault if in the WTCC the show doesn't exist.

But I have to say that circuits like Hungaroring, Moscow, Paul Ricard and Losail contribute to kill the show. I would like to have races in Imola, Spa, Donington and Sakhir. And let's see the new circuit in Marrakech.
Old 19 Mar 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3624466)   #4
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, the calendar is quite good, Nordschleife and Vila Real are simply awesome, then there are some circuits which usually deliver great racing like Moscow, Termas, Paul Ricard. Motegi and Buriram were good additions as well. Some tracks of course lack uniqueness - I think WTCC should get rid of Losail and Slovakia Ring as they are completely not suited for TC1 cars.

I would like to see more circuits with big elevation changes, for example Portero de los Funes, maybe a return to USA with Laguna Seca or Road America, another round in America, particularly Brazil (Interlagos). Oh, and I would like to see Bathurst (but until there are V8 Supercars, it won't happen).
Old 20 Mar 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3625118)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree Nurburgring was a big scoop for the championship, just seeing the cars race there is exciting, even if it is the usual Citroen domination. A proper drivers circuit
Old 25 Mar 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3627153)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The WTCC needs Macau, Bathurst, Potrero de los Funes, Suzuka, Spa, Donington and Mugello.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3627479)   #7
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
Circuits are not the main problem of the WTCC
Agreed. The cars are the biggest problem.

But the calendar is poor too. There are three mid-season gaps of a month or more, so the series never has any momentum.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3628752)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The Macau Guia race is the big loss.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3628863)   #9
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
change track:

Portugese race ---> Estoril

Chinese race ---> Zuhai

Japanese race ---> Sugo

French race ---> Dijon

Italian race ---> Mugello or Misano or Monza

Dutch race ---> Assen or Zandwoort

+ a swedish race

- Qatar

change in calendar:

from early march: asian races and Marakesh

from late april: then european races

season finish in Argentina (and maybe on more race in Latin America)

At least a week break between races. Intercontinental transportation by airplane.

So my fantasy calendar:

Thailand/Buriram
China/Zuhai
Japan/Sugo

Morocco/Marakesh

Hungary/Hungaroring
Slovakia/Slovakiaring
Italy/Misano
Portugal/Estoril
France/Dijon
Netherland/Assen
Germany/Nürburgring or Sachsenring
Russia/Moscow

1 or 2 latin american location (Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico or Chile)
Argentina/Termas

So about 15 race weekends.

If Macau comes back, then I put the asian rounds to the autumn and the latin-american races to the spring.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3628879)   #10
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
China Round to Tianma Circuit, also in Shanghai, much more tailored to touring cars than F1 tilkedrome
Old 31 Mar 2016, 08:53 (Ref:3628961)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Brands Hatch GP

Job done
Old 31 Mar 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3629067)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Race everything at Phillip Island.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3629101)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The presence of Nurburgring is amazing.

But the rest of the calendar is a joke compared to what it used to be (Macau, Brands Hatch, Pau, Okayama etc, even Sears Point)
Old 6 Apr 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3630722)   #14
fredfan
Rookie

fredfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my fantasy calendar. What do you think about it? Which are the strong and weak points?

1. Paul Ricard
2. Jerez
3. Monza
4. Zolder
5. Hungaroring
6. Nurburgring
7. Zandvoort
8. Anderstorp
9. Moscow
10. Brands Hatch (Donington Park is a good option too, which one would you prefer?)
11. Vila Real
12. Mugello (I like Misano a lot too, Imola could be considered as well, if it was up to you, which circuit would you select?)
13. Mosport
14. Rio Hondo
15. Motegi
16. Macau
Old 6 Apr 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3630819)   #15
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
We'll see how the new layout at Marrakech goes this year, but I think I'm somewhat keen to see WTCC try the reconfigured Kyalami circuit.

Most of these more modern tracks just don't feel like they're able to be "filled up" by the WTCC. That is, they seem somehow "too empty" when the WTCC visits. The cars don't have the performance or the "presence" to fill the space. Even a track as good, by today's standards, as Algarve feels borderline. Estoril, Losail, Sakhir, Sepang, Shanghai (F1), Motegi, etc just don't do the trick. Moscow Raceway, Slovakiaring, Rio Hondo, etc maybe seem more like the right size, but just aren't that inspiring.

Here's my first go:
1. Kyalami
2. Enna-Pergusa
3. Pau
4. Nurburgring Nordschleife
5. Oulton Park Int'l
6. Spa-Francorchamps
7. Salzburgring
8. Vila Real
9. Lime Rock
10. Potrero de los Funes
11. Philip Island
12. Sugo
13. Macau
Old 7 Apr 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3630907)   #16
Mies7337
Racer

Netherlands
Hoek van Holland
Mies7337 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I don't like the calendar at all.
This would be fun, I think.

Durban street circuit (A1GP)
Hungaroring
Oscherschleben (especially the first corner)
Spa-Francorshamps
Zandvoort
Monza
Valencia (Ricardo Tormo)
Brands Hatch
Watkins Glen
Philip Island
Singapore Street Circuit
Zhuhai
Okayama
Macau
Old 7 Apr 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3631071)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzaan View Post
season finish in Argentina (and maybe on more race in Latin America)
Hope one day Termas could alternate with Buenos Aires autodrome to bring in WTCC in Argentina. Alas, San Luis (Potrero de los Funes) is another good track.