Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2002, 00:18 (Ref:293090)   #1
freeze
Rookie

freeze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco - A Safety car derby?

I wonder if things remain the same (driver's behavier) how many times we'll see the safety car on race day?

These days, the stewarts are sure quick to get it out!

Anyhow, if it happens the pit strategies should be very very interesting.
Old 23 May 2002, 20:40 (Ref:294009)   #2
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there has ever been a safety car in Monaco. Maybe that's because part of the reason for the safety car is because when the race resumes, it gives a good chance for overtaking (e.g JPM on MS in Brazil 01 and Melbourne 02). But in Monaco, the order would stay the same after the safety car period, even JPM couldn't overtake MS in Monaco, even after a safety car.
Old 23 May 2002, 20:57 (Ref:294051)   #3
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that the Monaco stewarts have to undergo a special training before they can work!!Maybe they are replacing the safety car!
Old 24 May 2002, 09:56 (Ref:294563)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The speed with which a crashed car can be picked up and pulled to safety at Monaco means that by the time they've got the seat-belts on in the safety car it's all clear. Even multiple cars don't seem to phase the stewards. I guess you can't pick up a car that's on fire - but lets not hope for that.
Old 24 May 2002, 20:04 (Ref:295307)   #5
freeze
Rookie

freeze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting to see, if an incident happens, if the trend will continue in Monaco - that is no pace car whatever mess there is on the track.

You have to admit that they are quick on the trigger to get it out this year, so far anyway!
Old 24 May 2002, 20:26 (Ref:295326)   #6
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am trying to rack my brains (without the time tonight to check the usual archive sites), but didn't someone once end up in the harbour?

Old 24 May 2002, 21:16 (Ref:295374)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ascari in the 50's and there was another guy in the 60's, its mentioned on another thread around here somewhere!!!
Old 25 May 2002, 13:43 (Ref:295871)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Marshals, not Stewards.

The Stewards are the blokes who sit in a nice room, and decide to penalise people for breathing a tad too hard of TGF!!
Old 25 May 2002, 14:00 (Ref:295887)   #9
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry....I know they are marshalls but with my exam 3 days away,I can't even spell correctly...
Old 25 May 2002, 14:02 (Ref:295889)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hugh Jarce
I am trying to rack my brains (without the time tonight to check the usual archive sites), but didn't someone once end up in the harbour?
Ascari in a Lancia in 1955 and Australian Paul Hawkins exactly 10 years later in 1965 driving a private Lotus 33.
Old 25 May 2002, 14:03 (Ref:295893)   #11
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Hardt
Sorry....I know they are marshalls but with my exam 3 days away,I can't even spell correctly...
Very true, I normally spell marshal with only one l!!!