Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2250132)   #26
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I was outside so could only hear the commentary and caught the end of the second race, I think they said they would show the Seat Cupras in the later programme, the 3rd BTCC race live and afraid I can't remember what else!
The Ginetta's.

Hmmm, crazy races at the BTCC today. Exceptional!
Old 13 Jul 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2250146)   #27
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why exactly did the safety car come out in race 2?, I know we saw them messing around with some tyres but in replays there looked to be nothing wrong.

Alan Gow trying to give the race a closer finish?
Old 13 Jul 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2250152)   #28
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof14
Why exactly did the safety car come out in race 2?, I know we saw them messing around with some tyres but in replays there looked to be nothing wrong.

i didn't even see the tyres being hit-if we knew how dangerous they were, maybe we could accept a safety car
Old 13 Jul 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2250158)   #29
kristof14
Veteran

That's what I mean, there was a replay of Gio and Kane/Collard after the car was deployed and there seemed to be nothing wrong with them.

Very odd.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2250166)   #30
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Spot on in my view, this really should be stamped out as its giving an unfair advantage to others.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 15:19 (Ref:2250176)   #31
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone see the dark clouds earlier in race 2. if it starts raining, who knows what would happen then. maybe we might even get a safety car but chances on that happening are very unlikely!
Old 13 Jul 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2250210)   #32
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good win for jackson. Shame for the SEAT's, and Turner is officially the most unlucky driver in the series. TOC had great pace though, a couple more laps and he'd have got Neal.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2250286)   #33
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Spot on in my view, this really should be stamped out as its giving an unfair advantage to others.
i think they fixed it before the tv got with it ...
just finished watching race 2 .. it was a good race .. but a bit too much contact for my liking ..

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Jul 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2250291)   #34
kristof14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
i think they fixed it before the tv got with it ...
just finished watching race 2 .. it was a good race .. but a bit too much contact for my liking ..
Thing is we had a shot of 2 cars going past it before they had reached the safety car and before any marshalls had been to it, looked to be nothing wrong
Old 13 Jul 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2250330)   #35
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So any further information on what was up with Seat in Race 3 ?

Tim Harvey suggested it could of been a dodgy fuel batch, and I would tend to agree, unless some hugely coincedental problem has affected both cars at the same time.
Old 13 Jul 2008, 23:21 (Ref:2250366)   #36
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
Did anyone else think Plato was a bit controversial with his VXR comments?

'Knowing them as I do, they'll have pulled something to get Gio in 4th'
Hehe yupp, was thinking "Time for Seat to make a new press release on Monday"

Quote:
Thing is we had a shot of 2 cars going past it before they had reached the safety car and before any marshalls had been to it, looked to be nothing wrong
Indeed, looked a bit weird. Maybe it got partially hit out of picture and the marshals just went out to ensure that everything was ok and that a new hit wouldn't make parts of it move out on track.

Other than that is was quite a nice raceweekend where especially race two offered a lot of close racing action the vast majority of which was fair racing with people giving each other racing room.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2250484)   #37
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Giovanardi to good for this championship? All the headlines are full of Seat's and BMW's, but only Plato took 7 points more this weekend, he outscored all the other drivers. And he did that in his second worse weekend, so far, in terms of points taken!
He really deserves another chance in the WTCC again.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2250529)   #38
BtccRob08
Rookie

BtccRob08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Russell where the tyres were 'hit'. The marshalls ran out and moved them a foot or two back. I don't even think they were hit in the BTCC race, they may have been hit in the previous race. It was a 'close the field up' move in my opinion. Made for some good racing though.

The track commentator said that Plato had suffered a Turbo failure, but there was no comment on Turners car.

Steven Kane drove a good race in Race3. Well done to him. I don't think it will be the last we see of him!

BTW. did anyone see the Porsche races? They were suprisingly good!

Last edited by BtccRob08; 14 Jul 2008 at 10:00.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 10:53 (Ref:2250550)   #39
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccRob08
The track commentator said that Plato had suffered a Turbo failure, but there was no comment on Turners car.
I was watching at Coram and Turner's car had an absolutely identical sound to Plato's broken car. I'd have to assume that they suffered the same problem whether it was the turbo or something else.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 11:18 (Ref:2250564)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
TV coverage said that they had the same machanical problem. Turner came in first, then Plato suffered the same. What was strange was that if it was the same problem, why did only Plato get black-flagged?

Also, can anyone explain why it was a black flag, and not the orange circle?
Old 14 Jul 2008, 13:14 (Ref:2250639)   #41
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil
Indeed, looked a bit weird. Maybe it got partially hit out of picture and the marshals just went out to ensure that everything was ok and that a new hit wouldn't make parts of it move out on track.
Listening to the radio traffic on the scanner, the Post Chief at Russell called in that they had been hit and moved, the Post Chief made no request for a safety car, made no indication that they were on the racing line or in the way. The depolyment of the saftey car was as puzzling to the Marshals there as it was to you.

I initally thought the SC was for an incident elsewhere on the circuit!.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 14:02 (Ref:2250653)   #42
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are we talking about race 2? Track staff told me they had to rebuild the tyre wall around the marshals post at Sear hence the SC. If you replay the TV coverage you can just see a car 'going in' to the post at the edge of the screen.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2250667)   #43
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jones excluded from race 3, underwieght car!
Means John George creeps home 10th! weeey!
And did anyone else think that Micky Doyle had a good weekend? On fringes of the points no less.....
Simon
Old 14 Jul 2008, 15:38 (Ref:2250688)   #44
george4man
Rookie

george4man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250
Jones excluded from race 3, underwieght car!
Means John George creeps home 10th! weeey!
And did anyone else think that Micky Doyle had a good weekend? On fringes of the points no less.....
Simon
Michael Doyle and the whole team had a great weekend apart from the way the car was returned back to the garage after his off in race 2. The car substained extra damage being lifted the way it was. good luck Micky with Oulton park.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2250747)   #45
BtccRob08
Rookie

Yes, Michael Doyle had a good weekend! He could do even better on newer equipment however. The old Civic doesnt really cut the mustard these days.

I must say though, that Stephen Jelley isnt a touring car driver!!! A great single seater driver, but he just hasnt got it as a BTCC driver. He's a smooth and controlled driver and from his years in F3, knows the non-contact rule well, which isnt good in the BTCC!!! WSR/RAC should bring in Anthony Reid; and re-unite him with his old team! That would be good to see.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2250755)   #46
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
knows the non-contact rule well, ..... Anthony Reid
Talking about contrast!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2250759)   #47
BtccRob08
Rookie

haha yes! Silverstone in 2004 brings back memories.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2250821)   #48
Icebaby
Veteran

Quote:
I must say though, that Stephen Jelley isnt a touring car driver!!! A great single seater driver, but he just hasnt got it as a BTCC driver. He's a smooth and controlled driver and from his years in F3, knows the non-contact rule well, which isnt good in the BTCC!!! WSR/RAC should bring in Anthony Reid; and re-unite him with his old team! That would be good to see.
If it wasn't for the fact Jelley pays for his drive he would have been booted out long ago, he really would be better giving the money to a charity, god knows what their main sponsers RAC are making of this dreadful performance.
I would question Jelley as being a great single seater as results have not been great to suggest this.

Antony Reid back in...ummm now that would be fireworks!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2250854)   #49
Race to Win
Rookie

Race to Win should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You were obviously not anywhere near Snetterton. Stephen qualified 10th only 3 places behind Colin.
In Race 1 he was 8th before pushed off by Giovanardi loosing 5 places, finishing 12th.
Race 2 again a good start before pushed off by Matt Neal, from last he finished 11th.
Race 3 Another good start got him to 7th, ok a mistake allowed others to pass, finished 9th before Jones was thrown out for running light therefore 8th.
I know you have something against Stephen , at least he is out there trying
unlike those who sit and write rubbish.
Armchair drivers !!!!!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2250874)   #50
Icebaby
Veteran

If you take the fact the car is a front runner capable of winning Jelleys points haul is nothing short of embarassing for him as well as sponsers and ultimatly this will cause WSR not to be in contention for the teams championship.

I agree he had a better Snetterton but to start getting excited about an 8th place finish when Colin has taken a second is underplaying the situation he is in.

I cannot recall another driver in btcc in a car capable of wining scoring so few points, I fear for Jelley that if he continues he will finish off his career and thinks its time to say that its just not worked out for him.

Collard was dropped at the end of 2006 for not being close enough to Colin....

There are other drivers not performing but they have at least banked 50+ points for the team at this stage.

Jelleys car was also lighter in qualifying so he was in reality further behind Colin on the time set.

Last edited by Icebaby; 14 Jul 2008 at 21:18.