Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Nov 2013, 18:13 (Ref:3330511)   #1
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news, Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS

Just saw this at Jayski's, news release from Roush-Fenway Racing. Trevor Bayne diagnosed with MS. Very sad, he can't seem to catch a break. Mighty young for this. Good luck Trevor. Here is the link:

Daytona 500 Winner Trevor Bayne Diagnosed with MS: Daytona 500 winner and Roush Fenway Racing (RFR) driver Trevor Bayne has announced that he has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (explanation of MS). Bayne - 22 years old - has undergone extensive testing at the Mayo Clinic and has been cleared by doctors and NASCAR to compete behind the wheel. "I've never been more driven to compete," said Bayne. "My goals are the same as they've been since I started racing. I want to compete at the highest level and I want to win races and championships. I am in the best shape I've ever been in and I feel good," added Bayne. "There are currently no symptoms and I'm committed to continuing to take the best care of my body as possible. I will continue to trust God daily and know that His plan for me is what is best. As for now, I want to close out the season strong this weekend at Homestead and then shift my focus on getting ready to compete for the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) Championship in 2014. I have a great team, a great family and great people all around me. I have been truly blessed in life and I look forward to what my future holds."
"We are 100% supportive of Trevor and his ability to compete in a race car," said Roush Fenway team owner Jack Roush. "I have full confidence in Trevor and his partners have all expressed that same confidence and support. As with all of our drivers, we look forward to standing behind Trevor and providing him with all of the tools he needs as he continues to develop in his young career."(see full press release at Roush Fenway Racing's website)(11-12-2013)

Last edited by R.Lee; 12 Nov 2013 at 18:14. Reason: spelling correction
Old 12 Nov 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3330526)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3330945)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Trevor still has great potential to continue with a long, prosperous career. Nevertheless, knowing you have to deal with such a terrible disease later in life has to be a tremendous chip on your shoulder. But his dark days are far away and I admire his courage and determination to continue.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3331253)   #4
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not Bayne related but to raise awareness of MS.

Quote:
Special MS stickers on the #34 & #38 at HMS: The #34 Taco Bell Ford of David Ragan and the #38 Long John Silver's Ford of David Gilliland will carry a decal for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society this race weekend. The Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by this unpredictable disease affecting the central nervous system.
Ragan: "We're carrying a decal for the MS Society on our car this week. Our team has a personal connection to multiple sclerosis and we wanted to draw some attention to it and raise awareness about the good work the Society is doing and encourage NASCAR fans to join the movement. And this week it hit even closer to home in our sport hearing about Trevor's (Bayne) diagnosis. We hope everybody will go to nationalMSsociety.org and see how they can help."
Gilliland: "Our car will have a decal for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society this week. We have team members with loved ones affected by this disease and we wanted to show our support and raise some awareness among the NASCAR audience. And now we just heard that Trevor Bayne has been diagnosed with it, so we aren't the only team affected by it. We obviously wish him the best and expect he'll be on track rubbing fenders with us for a long time. Advances in treatments have come a long way and with more support, there might actually be a cure someday for everyone affected."(FRM)(11-14-2013)