Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 May 2003, 06:52 (Ref:613156)   #1
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meeting there...

Well, It´s 15 days to go, and I think it´s time that we arrange some kind of meeting for the forum members at LM. I have really no ideas or where, and when to meet, and, the most important thing, HOW will we recognize... (Don´t think I´ll be able to ask 1000 people "Are you Fab or Aysedasi??..")
I expect the most "expert" forum members and LM attenders to give good ideas about this thread
OK, let´s arrange something.
PD: I´ll carry the spanish wine, everyone´s invited!!!
Old 29 May 2003, 07:19 (Ref:613171)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. Well, I'm not in support of name badges, that's for sure! You're right though Javi, it is about time we started thinking about one or more meetings (I'm always in favour of more than one rendezvous - The Tourists always fix up several, in case we get lost!).

The chances are that (if it's sunny), you'll be able to identify me from my t-shirt - although I haven't made them yet!
Old 29 May 2003, 07:30 (Ref:613178)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
i thought about a yellow cap : easy to point in the crowd...

BTW, check the pits grandstand and the pics posted here and there of, let's say Ayse, BernardB, Liz and me, oh, and AllonFS if I can remember...

Best places to meet : paddock bar (we did it at PQ, it was quite doable), sebring bar (if open), etc... on saturday... have to leave to tehe beach right now, more precisions on saturday !
Old 29 May 2003, 08:37 (Ref:613225)   #4
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The Bentley Beermonsters T'Shirts are almost complete so we will hopefully be recognised one minor point the other five don't know who or what 10/10ths is so you may get some strange looks if you approach them. We will also have names on so we can remember who we are (comes in handy after about Thursday when the brain cells are suffering) mine will say Stuart as that is what I think my name is yes I'm sure it is, rest assured if there is beer is involved we will be available.
Old 29 May 2003, 12:14 (Ref:613449)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, the beer is on Stuart and the rest of the monsters then guys and gals!
Old 29 May 2003, 13:36 (Ref:613640)   #6
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield

I will gladly pass your comments on, thanks Ayse I may accidently get the T Shirts mixed up now
Old 29 May 2003, 15:12 (Ref:613722)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
i thought about a yellow cap : easy to point in the crowd...
And if Dunlop offers free caps ?

Quote:
Best places to meet : paddock bar (we did it at PQ, it was quite doable), sebring bar (if open), etc... on saturday...
I'm not sure meeting point inside the paddock on sat. is a good idea, as not everyone will have access there

why not in front of the giant screen near the Grand-marnier?

to recognise me, easy, the one who speaks weak english
and there's a pic in my profile section
Old 29 May 2003, 15:54 (Ref:613768)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b

why not in front of the giant screen near the Grand-marnier?

Excellent.

I will be the one stuffing my face.......
Old 29 May 2003, 16:36 (Ref:613830)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Paddock Bar

Quote:

I'm not sure meeting point inside the paddock on sat. is a good idea, as not everyone will have access there

to recognise me, easy, the one who speaks weak english
and there's a pic in my profile section
Paddock Bar is not in the paddock - opposite paddock entrance with large sign "Paddock Bar". Not a building, a small Marquee with a garden area.
Old 29 May 2003, 16:44 (Ref:613841)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
The chances are that (if it's sunny), you'll be able to identify me from my t-shirt - although I haven't made them yet!
Ditto - My T-Shirt is still in the design stageit is in production as we speak well I have the design, but look out for a white t-shirt and a MG cap
Old 29 May 2003, 17:00 (Ref:613857)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm working on a cap that says "Please Can I Have a Spyker Squadron Jacket?"

Either I will be wearing that or my Jacket.
Old 29 May 2003, 17:31 (Ref:613890)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The big screen in the village has also been mention as possible meeting point on Saturday lunch time if memory servers?
Old 30 May 2003, 07:11 (Ref:614411)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All I can think of right now is that in two weeks time I'll be waking up in Isigny-sur-Mer.........
Old 30 May 2003, 07:57 (Ref:614453)   #14
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, summarizing a bit...
We have several possible places to meet:
Paddock Bar
Sebring Bar (Mmm, Bar is a word I like.. hahaha)
Screen in the village

What about the day (s)? I agree with Aysedasi that we can fix a couple of meetings so everyone can attend.
Seems saturday lunchtime (english lunchtime, 12:00, because spanish lunchtime is 15:00!!! too close to the race!) is a favoured idea. Anyone up to share a beer on friday or thursday?

How can we summarize everything? I´ll be glad if we can have a simple list with names, day of arrival, camping site and, (seems silly but..) how could we recognize him/her (T-shirt, cap, state of drunk...) Should we open a new thread for that list?
Old 30 May 2003, 09:02 (Ref:614507)   #15
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Sounds like a good idea to me who going to start it. By the way Karting Nord Tuesday whit e T Shirt Blue cap probably staggering
Old 30 May 2003, 09:45 (Ref:614527)   #16
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the screen in the village is the best bet as it gives the best options for moving on if the crowds are too heavy. As for recognising me, hmm, look for someone who's fat, ugly, and wearing a blue cap covered with various marshalling badges.
Old 30 May 2003, 10:13 (Ref:614551)   #17
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Paddock Bar

Quote:
Originally posted by Kpy
Paddock Bar is not in the paddock - opposite paddock entrance with large sign "Paddock Bar". Not a building, a small Marquee with a garden area.
what I meant is that, to get there on saturday, ordinary spectator will need a pit grandstand ticket, or an "Access to ABCD paddock sector" ticket (14 €uros), that means no access with a General enclosure
Old 30 May 2003, 10:15 (Ref:614556)   #18
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally posted by Cynic
I reckon the screen in the village is the best bet as it gives the best options for moving on if the crowds are too heavy. As for recognising me, hmm, look for someone who's fat, ugly, and wearing a blue cap covered with various marshalling badges.

well, don't you think some of us (myself included ) look like that ?
Old 30 May 2003, 10:15 (Ref:614557)   #19
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
You will find me, Gilles, I hope, and my editor and boss, Sebastien Dulac, on the Automobile Historique stand in the Village from Wednesday onwards.

The stand is a must visit anyway, as it is a very high quality French historic motor racing magazine which is available at LM with an English translation. It should be published in an English version later this year. Come and see us, we are planning some nice surprises for you, along with a special Le Mans edition - were any of you there in 1966?

Sorry about the blatant plug Ayse - last year it was the butties, but at least this year you'll find me!!
Old 30 May 2003, 10:31 (Ref:614573)   #20
Kpy
Veteran

Re: Re: Paddock Bar

Quote:
what I meant is that, to get there on saturday, ordinary spectator will need a pit grandstand ticket, or an "Access to ABCD paddock sector" ticket (14 €uros), that means no access with a General enclosure
Bernard - what I mean is the "Paddock Bar" isn't in the Paddock at all. It's in the General Enclosure (public spectator area) opposite the main Paddock vehicle and pedestrian entrance. You do not need a special ticket to drink and eat there.
Is that clear enough? entendu??.

Fab, and others found it with no problem in June

Old 30 May 2003, 10:49 (Ref:614592)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But there is a Paddock Bar in the actual Paddock! I had lunch there during Pre-Q and I have never seen the other one. (Of course I don't get out of the Paddock much. )

I'll be at Karting Nord from Sunday afternoon before the race. We will be the biggest outfit there, right under the cell phone tower.
Old 30 May 2003, 11:01 (Ref:614605)   #22
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
But there is a Paddock Bar in the actual Paddock! I had lunch there during Pre-Q and I have never seen the other one. (Of course I don't get out of the Paddock much. )

I'll be at Karting Nord from Sunday afternoon before the race. We will be the biggest outfit there, right under the cell phone tower.
They have a habit of changing the names of the bars and restos. In the back of the Pit/Press stand. Gets confusing, huh ??

I'll look for you at KN (maybe), may not have VTT this year, in the press room, or even the Village, Liz.
Old 30 May 2003, 11:11 (Ref:614614)   #23
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well, don't you think some of us (myself included ) look like that ?
Well, I thought I should give everyone the benefit of doubt.
Old 30 May 2003, 12:09 (Ref:614652)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Javi
Should we open a new thread for that list?

Absolutely not!!

Nothing wrong with this one.

Get your descriptions in here and I'll get my mate Fab to co-ordinate them all into one printable "thing" that we can take with us! Have we all uploaded mugshots for our profiles on Ten-Tenths? That would help......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2003 at 12:11.
Old 30 May 2003, 16:46 (Ref:614972)   #25
Liz
Veteran

I'd put a mugshot on my profile but I don't know how. If anyone would like to explain it so a non-technical person can understand what to do ...