Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jun 2003, 10:05 (Ref:625481)   #1
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both TVR's out!!

Due to the contining problems both the TVRs are unlikly to make this years race.
Testing duties have be replaced by a Corsa loan car in the hope that the problems can be fixed.
for full details look here. www.sniffpetrol.com
Old 9 Jun 2003, 10:12 (Ref:625490)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 9 Jun 2003, 11:59 (Ref:625640)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 12:09 (Ref:625657)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I particularly like the Schumacher on fire story! Classic!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 12:13 (Ref:625664)   #5
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It's got electric windows

can't wait to see it
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:30 (Ref:625887)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Real Question in My Mind:

If the TVRs can't get the cars prepared or repaired in time, which ones from the list of "Reserves" will be brought into the mix for this week's race???

Will they pull cars from the same class that the TVRs would have raced in to keep the number of entrants in each class the same, or do they start at the top of the list???

Please enlighten me on this one...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:36 (Ref:625895)   #7
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
too funny...
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:40 (Ref:625900)   #8
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim, don't panic mate , i think you will find it's a joke. I want a pint of what you were drinking last night ........................
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:54 (Ref:625922)   #9
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still an interesting question though. If for example a Saleen pulled out, would the replacement come off the top of the reserve list, or would it be from the same class?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:59 (Ref:625933)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The answer is "in the order of the list." So first withdrawal, whatever class, results in Taurus entering.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jun 2003, 14:59 (Ref:625934)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure the reserves are in order of selection and the class makes no differance.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:06 (Ref:625940)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so theres no chance of a corsa in this years race then...?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:06 (Ref:625944)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
A good one... I thought it was right, reading the thread's title...
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:15 (Ref:625958)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was some of the Team Nasamax "Environmentally Friendly" fuel, otherwise known in the States as "White Lightning," "Corn Whiskey" or "Moonshine"....

Made me blind....at least to the joke!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:15 (Ref:625959)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
The answer is "in the order of the list." So first withdrawal, whatever class, results in Taurus entering.
no
if there are withdraws now, they won't be replaced, the limit was june the 1st (test day regulations, http://www.lemans.org/sport/pdf/2003...LATIONS_GB.pdf art. #18.2)
so from now, one withdraw = 1 car missing on the grid
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:16 (Ref:625964)   #16
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
anyway, no need to speak about that, it's just a joke
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:18 (Ref:625967)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
no
if there are withdraws now, they won't be replaced, the limit was june the 1st (test day regulations, http://www.lemans.org/sport/pdf/2003...LATIONS_GB.pdf art. #18.2)
so from now, one withdraw = 1 car missing on the grid
Gosh, I didn't notice that !!! Please, TVR, stay !!!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 15:54 (Ref:626021)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I thought as much. That's why I removed the reserves from my entry list.....
Old 9 Jun 2003, 19:48 (Ref:626338)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
[B]If there are withdraws now, they won't be replaced, the limit was june the 1st...
Well spotted, bernard. There had been some discussion elsewhere about whether Taurus would be spending any more money on preparing, but clearly that was based on erronous assumptions on our part. Taurus has known for a week and a bit that they wouldn't be participating, whatever the circumstance.

Too bad.

The TVR thing was pretty funny, though.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:56 (Ref:626726)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
As I love the car, and I hoped for a better painting, i'm really disapointed to not see the Taurus Lola on the track... and I think it was the last chance for LM... too bad...