Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3239374)   #1
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Schumacher to drive Mercedes F1 car at the Nordschleife

Michael Schumacher to drive Mercedes F1 car at the Nordschleife, only demonstration.
I would like to see F1 here again.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107044
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3239386)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is his what Michael is reduced to? A relic being wheeled out every six months to do PR?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3239395)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A relic driving a relic around a relic. Two of them legendary relics mind.

Lets talk about how this will be rubbish because he won't do the karossel properly.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3239399)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's good. The OP is good in its own terms.

But basically he's been reduced to being a chauffeur in the roadcar division this year. He should get together with Villeneuve and buy out Marrussia or something. Or ask Ferrari to do a LeMans assault - top class. It's time to waste some of that hard money he's stockpiled and do something to dazzle.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3239400)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Send him a list on what he has to spend his money on
Old 25 Apr 2013, 20:09 (Ref:3239404)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Send him a list on what he has to spend his money on
I'm going to do that. He can even give me a few quid for coming up with some classy ideas.

Can't have these drivers idling about doing nothing. No, no, no.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3239407)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Is his what Michael is reduced to? A relic being wheeled out every six months to do PR?
Quote:

Lets talk about how this will be rubbish because he won't do the karossel properly.

That's life.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3239421)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It sounds like to me, that even being TRGF (That retired German fellow) is a good gig. I would love to be in his shoes.

Richard
Old 25 Apr 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3239441)   #9
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will he go for it or just play around doing donuts and burnouts?

I'd love to see him show us what a contempory GP car can do around the Nordschleife, but will he?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3239484)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
David I can not believe this is you saying this ?
Old 26 Apr 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3239485)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Old 26 Apr 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3239512)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
David I can not believe this is you saying this ?
What? I mean it is nice and all, but he wants to get himself over to sportscars or something.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3239554)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cant see what all the fuss is about really

He used to do this kind of stuff all the time with Ferrari, and that was just as difficult to watch!

It will pull thousands into the ring for that event, and thats good PR and marketing,

And it is not that often anyone drives a full spec F1 car around the Ring, so it would certainly be an event to be at, and Mercedes will no doubt pull out the stops and have other stuff on aswell

The Germans are good at this type of thing, they have Supertourer days and all sorts there, and can you remember any time anyone in the UK did anything like this?

A legend driving round a proper old track in modern F1 car? Bit like Button blatting round Cadwell! IMagine how many would turn up to watch?

Sadly the MSA and UK people haven't got a clue about promotion, hence this kind of thing never happens. Your overpriced F1 fix is Silverstone and maybe the odd team event day where you can see a 3 year old car doing donuts and revving its tits off.

I know what I would rather watch
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:44 (Ref:3239560)   #14
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What? I mean it is nice and all, but he wants to get himself over to sportscars or something.
He has much more to lose by switching to another category than sticking to promos and PR. His reputation has already taken a bit of a sting with the less than stellar Mercedes comeback.
Old 26 Apr 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3239726)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He could try Hollywood also...
Old 26 Apr 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3239757)   #16
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
following a compilation of the three laps of nick heidfeld on the BMW-F1 6 years ago before a vln-race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wczqepQjM
Old 27 Apr 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3239836)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babapapa View Post
following a compilation of the three laps of nick heidfeld on the BMW-F1 6 years ago before a vln-race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wczqepQjM
???
Old 27 Apr 2013, 04:20 (Ref:3239879)   #18
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh Michael, the V8 Supercars are calling.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3239904)   #19
Schumaster
Rookie

Schumaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is it that Australians imagine trundling around in kitcar V8s is something that proper racers should aspire to? It's on a par with suggesting Bruce Springsteen should take a step up and join The Wiggles.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3239915)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski View Post
He has much more to lose by switching to another category than sticking to promos and PR. His reputation has already taken a bit of a sting with the less than stellar Mercedes comeback.
He has nothing to lose, and it's only those who didn't like him in the first place that claim his time at Mercedes F1 somehow tarnished his reputation.

But he did sportscars years ago, before F1, it's known he has no interest in ovals, and he's probably got a family agreement not to do DTM for fear of embarrassing Ralf. Again.

As for the millions he has stockpiled away, he spends his money on much more worthwhile stuff than most.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 10:58 (Ref:3239939)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
But I want to say how others should live their life. After all it is more interesting than a modern F1 car going round the Nurburgring. How could that be fun?

Oh wait, I've got that wrong, my priorities are all shot to pieces. I've wasted my life.
Old 27 Apr 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3239940)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
He could try Hollywood also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdM4pmL7kUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8weKKUTAlo
Old 27 Apr 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3239942)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
More images

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrq...?search_algo=2
Old 27 Apr 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3239948)   #24
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumaster View Post
Why is it that Australians imagine trundling around in kitcar V8s is something that proper racers should aspire to? It's on a par with suggesting Bruce Springsteen should take a step up and join The Wiggles.
Because it's fun to race cars? Simple as that..
Old 27 Apr 2013, 12:28 (Ref:3239953)   #25
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumaster View Post
I'm an Aussie and I agree with you completely. Aussies who can not make it anywhere else drive taxi around goat tracks in Australia.
To see him in a SLS with the German works team for the Bathurst 12hr would please the silent majority in Australia more so than Super taxi's.
Like all the greats, MS is far beyond this(Supercars). I hope he smashes the lap record at the 'ring'.
It would also be great to see him race the LM24 with his brother and his (quick but annoying) protege, SebV. What a day this would be..