Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3247880)   #151
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Could be. Everyone knows that the people in the team who don't have anything to do with the design and building of the car, can make it much slower. That's an engineering fact.

If the cars were not maximizing their performance in the races, then I might be inclined to point a finger at Sam Michael. But since he seems to be doing quite a good job as its 'sporting director', then I think the blame for any performance issues lies elsewhere.
Old 15 May 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3248092)   #152
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Can't see what job he is doing positively as sporting director. I agree with the post, I can't see what advantage Sam Michael brings or brought to Williams and now MCclaren
Old 16 May 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3248187)   #153
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Can't see what job he is doing positively as sporting director. I agree with the post, I can't see what advantage Sam Michael brings or brought to Williams and now MCclaren
The 'post' implied that Sam Michael was in some way responsible for McLaren's poor performance. He's not. He has nothing to do with the performance of the car. He's the guy who should know all of F1s regulations inside-out and how they affect his team at any given time.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3253570)   #154
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post

Mind you, Mercedes are somewhat favorite in Monte Carlo. They qualify exeptionally well, overtaking in Monte Carlo is near impossible, and tyrewear is relatively mild over there.
Old 26 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3253574)   #155
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
You got that prediction right, any chance of some lotto numbers!