Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3248151)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie and the Banker

Another twist in the F1 finacial deals, Seems old mate in Germany has admitted to bribes and tax evasion during the sale of part of F1. Bernie has countered saying he was bribed. Another case for the lawyers to get rich, me thinks.

Dont think this will impede on the running of F1, just more free air and press time for F1.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/191225/...y_charges.html

mods you can move to Concorde Agree and team finances if you wish

Last edited by fomoco; 15 May 2013 at 22:04. Reason: add link
Old 16 May 2013, 06:36 (Ref:3248250)   #2
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it might have an impact after all. He was actually indicted in criminal court. If the court admits the case, the investors' compliance programs might actually have an issue with him staying at the helm. They for sure do if he is found guilty.

So this is a different story to someone alleging things in a civil law court.
Old 16 May 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3248261)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldnt have a problemw ith him being convicted, I am sure he has been invovled in more criminality and fraud than most over the years!!

But he is a clever man, knows how to play the game and has never been caught or never been caught enough to make it worthwhile!
Old 18 May 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3249307)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Guilty or not is not the point, he has the very best lawyers to make sure that he will never be convicted, however Bernie can not stay at the helm of F1 for ever and he will eventually have to retire but it will be when he wants too
Old 18 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3249340)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If it comes to the worst, he can decamp to Bahrain. He'll be out of their reach there. As it is, he's the smartest car dealer in business - if anyone can wriggle out of this mess - it's him.
Old 19 May 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3249718)   #6
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In his testimony, Ecclestone had said that he had been worried that if he had not paid the money, Gribkowsky would have alerted the UK tax authorities to "things" that might have led to a tax inquiry (from the BBC F1 site) Been doing a Google/Starbucks have we Bernie ?
Old 19 May 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3249770)   #7
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernie's done far, far better than Google or Starbucks!

He knows how to play the game, with his "Bambino" trust.

Who in F1 will criticise him though? They're all at it.
Old 20 May 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3250215)   #8
chris406
Rookie

chris406 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Guilty or not is not the point, he has the very best lawyers to make sure that he will never be convicted,
What he said!
Old 20 May 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3250569)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One of the injustices that most sickens me is the way that wealth can buy you out of your shame. (I'm not referring to Bernie; like everyone but Peralta, I have no idea if he did it.