Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:01 (Ref:259381)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how team mates are doing so far

Suppose i better actually think about f1 again(yawn) before i lose interest.So here goes.
some random thoughts on team mates.

Kimi & coulthard.Kimi looks to have a slight edge in the long run.No evidence yet of the total outclassing of david that hakkinen used to do on occasion.I wonder if Kimi can get heaps better or not?Hard to guess such a thing.

Micheal & Rhubins.The general oppinion seems to be that rhubins qualifies better than eddie did but races slower?Not much relevance really.One thing that IS relevant is that exept for the stupid crashes last year,barrichello REFUSES to throw it off the road.A nice habit

JV seams to have got over the probs of last year (injury,appathy?)& is leading panis again

Nick & massa.Haha,nick doesen't want to be embarrased like last year.
Oh dear,here come all the nick fans to argue!!

Glad (as an australian) that webber is easily beating yoong

Eddie ervine's last year?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 23:57 (Ref:259412)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: how team mates are doing so far

Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Kimi & coulthard.Kimi looks to have a slight edge in the long run.No evidence yet of the total outclassing of david that hakkinen used to do on occasion.I wonder if Kimi can get heaps better or not?Hard to guess such a thing.
Well I don't like to miss a chance to stick the boot into DC, and although a driver of DC's experience should fair better against his younger team mate, Kimi has'nt really embarrassed DC like many predicted. The team is in trouble, and that effects the drivers heads.
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Micheal & Rhubins.The general oppinion seems to be that rhubins qualifies better than eddie did but races slower?Not much relevance really.One thing that IS relevant is that exept for the stupid crashes last year,barrichello REFUSES to throw it off the road.A nice habit
Would agree with you about the Qual/race variation. Rubins, although Melbourne was lucky, Brazil unlucky, has been very close to MS in qaul. But he's not WDC material. Accept it Rubins, take your check, and grab the odd lucky win when Michael does'nt finish.
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
JV seams to have got over the probs of last year (injury,appathy?)& is leading panis again
This is another team in trouble. JV just does'nt have the motivation anymore. And (until recently) nothing was changing. I was told once the definition of insanity was repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. A driver change is required next year. This will be good for BAR, and JV.
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Nick & massa.Haha,nick doesen't want to be embarrased like last year.
Well, I did'nt know much about Massa, but there were many here replacing Montoya's name in the "[insert driver name here] is god" threads. IMO, nick did better than Kimi last year, Kimi just got closer to him than anyone expected. There is a difference between that and beating Nick, which he did'nt.

Massa needs to do better.
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Not taking anything away from Mark, but I was'nt expecting anything different.
Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Eddie ervine's last year?
Well the 3rd best driver in Formula one behind Michael and Pedro (thanks Schummy ) could be in a little bit of trouble.

Schummy has posted Team mate qualifying differentials here for more details.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 00:24 (Ref:259433)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Personally, I think that Nick Heidfeld is the most underated driver in F1 today. (apart from Eddie Irvine, of course )
Old 14 Apr 2002, 01:23 (Ref:259460)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: how team mates are doing so far

Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Kimi has always been a good qualifiers. He's just taken over the job of what Hakkinen used to do. If the engine was just that bit better, he's be after the pole at nearly every race.

Quote:
Nick & massa.Haha,nick doesen't want to be embarrased like last year.Oh dear,here come all the nick fans to argue!!
Too bloody right I'll argue with that one! Embarressed? Nick defeated Kimi in ever facet of the sport next year - qualifying and in the points race, plus he proved to be the better racer. And, apart from Australia, he's outdone Massa all the time where it counts. If anyone is having a memory lapse, the only reason Kimi got the nod is because RD didn't want Ferrari to nab him.

Quote:
If Webber wasn't beating the hell out of Yoong, he's have some serious explaining to do!
Old 14 Apr 2002, 01:57 (Ref:259484)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's already rattling DC's cage. By mid season, Kimi's going to be ahead of him not only in qualifying but in the races as well.

Think the interesting duel is in the Renault squad. Trulli's due for a run of luck for once and it would be interesting to see how Button responds.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:09 (Ref:259563)   #6
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: how team mates are doing so far

Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
If Webber wasn't beating the hell out of Yoong, he's have some serious explaining to do!
I was expecting mark to do well but not THIS WELL - if it was't for engine failure in Mylasia (fighting for 10th place & the time) and a sloppy pit-stop in brazil (8th place & the time) he would of had 3 top ten places in as many races & by looking at his qualifying perforamce in San Marino and the weather conditions - he'd could be in the top ten in this race too!

Quote:
from F1-Live
Stunning lap puts Webber in front

KL Minardi Asiatech driver Mark Webber put in a stunning final run to out qualify the Arrows of Enrique Bernoldi and the Jaguar of Pedro de la Rosa in Saturday's qualifying for the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola to start the 62-lap race from 19th position on the grid.

The 25 year old Australian set his best time of 1:24.790 and was also only 0.2 off the time of the Jaguar of Eddie Irvine and only 1 second outside of a top 12 qualifying position. Webber had already put in a good banker lap with his first run 1:25.9. During the second run the technical issues occurred, however he was able to drive the car back to the pits to continue the session in the T car. Webber improved on his previous time on his third run, however he was obviously really going for it on his last run, when he put in his best lap of the day.

It has been a great day, said Webber. It was great to get the opportunity to drive around Imola in the dry and we did think it would happen. We are running a new chassis here (04) this weekend but when I went to start my second qualifying run this afternoon I had a technical problem and had to go to the T car, The T car was my old race car (01). On my first run out in the T car there were a lot of new running gear on the car that had not been bedded in, therefore it was difficult to put a fast lap together, but on my final run I had to put everything I had on the line and go for it and fortunately it all came together and gave me one of the best laps I have ever done. The guys did a great job turning the T car round for me, as it was setup for Alex Yoong this weekend.
GO MARK WEBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUSS1E, AUSS1E, AUSS1E! O1! O1! O1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:35 (Ref:259569)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some reason, I don't think you'll be able to shut us Aussies up all season, no matter what Webber does
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:42 (Ref:259570)   #8
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
For some reason, I don't think you'll be able to shut us Aussies up all season, no matter what Webber does

you better believe it, f1manoz

Last edited by ozrevhead; 14 Apr 2002 at 05:44.
Old 14 Apr 2002, 05:56 (Ref:259574)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Come on guys - give poor Alex some credit. This guy is responsible for a very substantial cash injection into the team, which in turn made the drive possible for Mark instead of another cashed up driver. I'll give Mark even more credit for the fact that he has never uttered an unkind word about his team mate - Mark is a true Aussi. As for his performance, lets hope that one of the top 5 teams gives Mark a race drive next year. Renault or McLaren would be nice. Mark tested for Renault, and he flew for Mercedes.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 00:19 (Ref:260488)   #10
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanx wrex for the link.For the record,i don't think nick could ever be called slow.I was having a dig before.I DO think he's a 'solid' reliable fast driver that will never be blindingly quick or ever slow.
I'm just having a dig at the nick supporters that think he's god's gift to the sport.