Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Dec 2011, 10:21 (Ref:3001143)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Argentine GP?

F1 could return to Argentina. MotoGP will return to Argentina in 2013. The article also says that work is continuing at the Mumbai (Indian) circuit.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96786
Old 17 Dec 2011, 14:30 (Ref:3001215)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the word you're looking for is 'argentine'. argentinian is american for 'can't work out how to use argentine properly'.

i wonder how it'd fit into the schedule? alternating with the austin gp perhaps if that doesn't work as planned?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 14:37 (Ref:3001220)   #3
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the word you're looking for is 'argentine'. argentinian is american for 'can't work out how to use argentine properly'.
[PEDANT]Guardian style guide doesn't agree with you on that one.[/PEDANT]

Quote:
i wonder how it'd fit into the schedule? alternating with the austin gp perhaps if that doesn't work as planned?
Week before or after Brazil?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 16:07 (Ref:3001256)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
you know how you get taught proper english in proper schools, innit? that's proper english. similar to the "x and i" rather than "me and x" thing, really. one's correct, the other isn't
Old 17 Dec 2011, 20:01 (Ref:3001338)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you know how you get taught proper english in proper schools, innit? that's proper english. similar to the "x and i" rather than "me and x" thing, really. one's correct, the other isn't
Do you think that it will take place before or after the Brazile GP?
Old 17 Dec 2011, 20:35 (Ref:3001348)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in not sure but i think we spell it Argentinean over here or spell check thinks so anyways.

it might require some reworking of the calendar but i like the idea of a 3 week blitz of the Americas to close out the season with Brazil keeping its last spot. keeping them on the road and away from their factories will no doubt make things that much more unpredictable.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 20:50 (Ref:3001353)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would be great !
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:27 (Ref:3001393)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"Ciudad" means "city" and "velocidad" is "velocity", so the track's name could be translated as "Velocity".

The original track layout was ridiculous for F1, looked like a mixure of Monticello and Ricardo Tormo. The last render is much more interesting, pretty fast and Pacman-shaped like Sepang.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:37 (Ref:3001399)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I don't understand how they got so much money to build a FIA Grade 1 circuit. There are very few enterpreneurs so rich in Argentina, and many they have reputations as good as some ALMS gentlemen.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 23:45 (Ref:3001403)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
They should have it at that circuit around the volcano (Porteno?). That would rock.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 18:46 (Ref:3001611)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Not sure I completely trust The Grauniad. Anyway, I would have said Argentine
Old 18 Dec 2011, 18:52 (Ref:3001615)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
They should have it at that circuit around the volcano (Porteno?). That would rock.
I don't know if it's the same one, but the FIA GT1 World Championship went to San Luis last year and it looked magnificent. I've had nothing but good reports about it from a couple of people who were there, despite the journey taking 24 hours, door-to-door. They're going back in 2012.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 06:24 (Ref:3001758)   #13
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
This is Potrero de los Funes, in San Luis. It's one of the coolest circuits I've seen. But it's not suitable for Le Mans Prototypes, much less F1. Although I think IndyCar wouldn't mind those walls.

By the way, the official name in Spanish is "Gran Premio de Argentina", that is "Grand Prix of Argentina", with a noun instead of an adjective (we Hispanics used to copy French customs), so...
Old 19 Dec 2011, 17:21 (Ref:3001931)   #14
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it might require some reworking of the calendar but i like the idea of a 3 week blitz of the Americas to close out the season with Brazil keeping its last spot. keeping them on the road and away from their factories will no doubt make things that much more unpredictable.
i love the idea too but maybe in a corny way they need to balance things out and have a gp in central america, you know maybe mexico again treating gp goers and drivers worth tens of millions to possible drug wars and swine flu!

p.s i had swine flu
Old 25 Dec 2011, 11:48 (Ref:3004130)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm quite skeptical with the Velociudad circuit planned at the city of Zárate. At the moment they had the place and started briefly with the plans, but not much more.
The most important thing related to motorsport in Zárate now is the Kartodrome, not far from Velociudad, that is the ground of important Argentinian karting series.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 03:14 (Ref:3005024)   #16
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
This is Potrero de los Funes, in San Luis. It's one of the coolest circuits I've seen. But it's not suitable for Le Mans Prototypes, much less F1. Although I think IndyCar wouldn't mind those walls.

By the way, the official name in Spanish is "Gran Premio de Argentina", that is "Grand Prix of Argentina", with a noun instead of an adjective (we Hispanics used to copy French customs), so...
I'm with you. They should race here. Amazing circuit. They race at concrete lined crappy Valencia circuit so why not here ???
Old 30 Dec 2011, 11:14 (Ref:3005477)   #17
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Valencia has proper runoff areas at the hard braking zones. Potrero doesn't and there isn't room to make them.