Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Mar 2015, 23:42 (Ref:3513859)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Messy start to the season

This is really getting messy...

1: Magnusson in for Alonso whilst he recovers from his "not a concussion" concussion

2: Mehri in at the New Manor but apparently for the "first rounds"

and now

3: Giedo van der Garde legals his way into a drive instead of Nasr or Ericsson **

All this and the cars still haven't turned a wheel in race weekend anger, still there is 47 hours and 18 minutes for it to get even more messed up.

** subject no doubt to appeal by Sauber, who don't appear to want GvdG; Nasr or Ericsson and their sponsors who put their money forward to get respective drivers their seats.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 23:56 (Ref:3513862)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso will be fine and everyone will forget about it, Mehri is a decent driver and stands a reasonable chance of keeping his drive if Manor find some extra cash.

The real mess is the Sauber situation. It seems that they accepted money from three, maybe four drivers, but only had two seats to offer. Bills had to be paid and presumably the legal situation goes out of the window in that case. They will have hoped to muddle through somehow and avoid this, but now if Sutil is in the same boat as VdG won't he consider the same course of action?
Old 10 Mar 2015, 23:59 (Ref:3513863)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to agree with you on that and the Sauber situation could get a lot more more messy before long.
I'll bet the Australian GP organisers will not be too happy all they need now is for Ricciardo to slip on a banana skin.
I doubt Bernie will be able to sort it too quickly either.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 03:53 (Ref:3513918)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sauber will not race Giedo van der Garde....
No matter what his contract says ...
Old 11 Mar 2015, 04:07 (Ref:3513925)   #5
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Sauber will not race Giedo van der Garde....
No matter what his contract says ...
If they race another driver in his place he would surely be entitled to apply for compensation. I therefore believe they will have to settle with him in order to be in control to what the financial hit will be. Which could be enough to see Sauber in trouble before the end of the year.

Particularly depending on what Sutil's contract says and whether he wants to take them to task.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 04:24 (Ref:3513929)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well he is but they still won't race him because the cars have been prepared for the other two drivers, plus he has not driven the 2015 car..
Old 11 Mar 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3513952)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think there's usually mini-messes at the start of most seasons, to be fair. This one's no different.

Struggling teams hiring drivers for X amount of races is pretty common, at least in my memory.

Still, happy for them. Just making it to Melbourne is a total miracle.

Let's not forget all of those teams 'protesting'...

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3513990)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's all look forward to the first 'gate'. There are always a few of those.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3514002)   #9
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Let's all look forward to the first 'gate'. There are always a few of those.
Saubergate...

There, happy now
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:57 (Ref:3514018)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Giedo Van De Garde De Gate
Old 11 Mar 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3514024)   #11
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Old 11 Mar 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3514039)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am sure it will all be sorted out, but long term this is still driving away sponsors and financial backers away from f1
Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3514043)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Garde Gate

Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3514052)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yup, and look forward to the first piece of new technology that angers all the other teams for not thinking of it first, and blame having to spend 'millions' trying to catch up.

I wonder why they're in F1...?

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3514061)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't believe that on top of those I mentioned, there is item 4

Not knowing if the German Grand Prix will happen.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3514068)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh, that one's a particular shame. But the lack of crowd was definitely worrying last season, but then again, that's never stopped Bahrain from being on the calendar.

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3514096)   #17
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

Richard
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3514104)   #18
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i am sure it will all be sorted out, but long term this is still driving away sponsors and financial backers away from f1
And spectators? I have never been less excited about the start of an F1 season. Almost forgot it was this weekend. The endless soap opera is so tedious.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3514309)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Garde Gate

The Dutchman has really been led up the Garde path with this one.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 09:01 (Ref:3514429)   #20
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

It's just Sauber grapes from the team.

Ooh, I am awful!
Old 15 Mar 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3515367)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wonder how well the seemingly temperature-sensitive Honda engines will take to Malaysia's much less kind conditions?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Mar 2015, 14:52 (Ref:3515476)   #22
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Not just a messy start but a very, very messy start to the season.
Old 15 Mar 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3515481)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and i think that is an understatement