Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Mar 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3514794)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SLAMMED! Motorsport.com has caught the disease Autosport had about ten years ago.

It seems Autosport might be catching Lambasted disease. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118029
Kimi says, sorry lambasted, that he wasn't driving that well and didn't put a lap together.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3514801)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A frostie 'intro', excellent as ever.

The season opener and one of my favourite GPs, that rarely fails to deliver. I don't have a favourite driver or team but I'll be watching Daniel Ricciardo, who though finishing 2nd last year was disqualified due to the fuel flow and I'll be watching McLaren-Honda. The hiatus is almost over.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3514817)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
SLAMMED! Motorsport.com has caught the disease Autosport had about ten years ago.

in fairness though Marko doesn't need any help sounding like a lunatic who drinks too much Red Bull.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3514876)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting that Hugo Boss sponsorship has been poached by Mercedes.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3514877)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Nothing like associating your brand with another sucessful brand, good marketing.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3514907)   #31
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Great return to the intros, Frostie :-)

In Tenerife at the moment so stuck with Beeb highlights, but looking forward to this weekend's race!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3514913)   #32
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well if you follow Lewis on social media you'll see he's turning into more of a male model with his incessant moody, arty photos than a race driver so Mercedes and Hugo Boss are a better fit
Old 14 Mar 2015, 04:21 (Ref:3514986)   #33
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toro Rosso so far faster than Red Bull.

now wich of those is the junior team?
Old 14 Mar 2015, 06:33 (Ref:3515001)   #34
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
If these times are accurate year round, we're in for a exciting times ahead.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3515003)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sainz's experience is probably showing against Verstappen's.

Button looks calm and content in the interview. He must know something!

Nasr definitely looks quicker than Ericsson.

Quite a spread of times in the field today. Both Lotuses in the top 10 but Grosjean was loads in front of Maldonado.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3515006)   #36
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sainz's experience is probably showing against Verstappen's.

B
not really, Max made a small mistake in his last lap wich cost him Q3, but Sainz already spun twice in exactly the same corner, in exactly the same way(in FP1 and in Q1)
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3515010)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ok but it's Sainz who's got the job done so far isn't it?

Pretty impressive, and that car has got serious promise.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:30 (Ref:3515012)   #38
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ok but it's Sainz who's got the job done so far isn't it?

Pretty impressive, and that car has got serious promise.
he just had a little more luck with the timing of his(bigger) mistake.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 14 Mar 2015 at 07:41.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3515020)   #39
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sainz has been more impressive than Max this weekend, sorry. He has some properly eye catching pace in a car that looks very, very fast. It reminds me a bit of Sauber in 2012 this - a mid grid team unexpectedly having a very fast package and exciting young drivers to make the most of it, and Sainz so far has looked a step or two ahead.

Not saying Verstappen won't eventually gain the upper hand, but it's 1-0 Sainz so far.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 09:13 (Ref:3515026)   #40
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by m355y View Post
Sainz has been more impressive than Max this weekend, sorry. He has some properly eye catching pace in a car that looks very, very fast. It reminds me a bit of Sauber in 2012 this - a mid grid team unexpectedly having a very fast package and exciting young drivers to make the most of it, and Sainz so far has looked a step or two ahead.

Not saying Verstappen won't eventually gain the upper hand, but it's 1-0 Sainz so far.
you seem to be forgetting that Max did only 6 laps in FP2 due to technical problems and did'nt spin once

Sainz spun twice already and also had more off track excursions.

and also: points are given in races, not in qualifying.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3515028)   #41
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see where Bottas has back pain after qually and had to go to the medical centre. I wonder could this give him problems for the race?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118051
Old 14 Mar 2015, 10:25 (Ref:3515047)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose there is no chance of Wolf taking the car if Bottas can't race?
Old 14 Mar 2015, 10:29 (Ref:3515050)   #43
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
She'd have to have run in practice for that to happen IIRC
Old 14 Mar 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3515051)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
It would be an awesome solution to the problem should Mr Bottas prove unfit!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Mar 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3515053)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
you seem to be forgetting that Max did only 6 laps in FP2 due to technical problems and did'nt spin once

Sainz spun twice already and also had more off track excursions.

and also: points are given in races, not in qualifying.
My point was merely that amidst all the fanfare surrounding Max (and it seems rightly so) it's Sainz who has got the results so far. I'm absolutely with you Steve that Max is looking good; I'm supposing you're thinking that. Pace over the race will certainly be interesting.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3515059)   #46
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing truly shocking about qualifying, except that McLarens finished dead last. That's a new record for them.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3515074)   #47
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sainz got the job done in qual - so well done to him. Ferrari is a force and as I predicted - a prediction, btw, met with howls of incredulity and cries of disbelief from some of the members here - Kimi was very respectable indeed.

Mclaren are replaying their first year with Mercedes. 2015 is defintely 1995 and Alonso going back in time to '95 has turned out to be a prophecy.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 12:39 (Ref:3515077)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Sainz got the job done in qual - so well done to him. Ferrari is a force and as I predicted - a prediction, btw, met with howls of incredulity and cries of disbelief from some of the members here - Kimi was very respectable indeed.

Mclaren are replaying their first year with Mercedes. 2015 is defintely 1995 and Alonso going back in time to '95 has turned out to be a prophecy.

So maybe Alonso will come back for a couple of races, decide he doesn't like the car and will leave due to 'mutual agreement' and Magnussen will do the rest of the year
Old 14 Mar 2015, 14:14 (Ref:3515107)   #49
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So maybe Alonso will come back for a couple of races, decide he doesn't like the car and will leave due to 'mutual agreement' and Magnussen will do the rest of the year
I can't imagine Ferdy's all that delighted by the season's prospects, for sure. He never really wanted to be at Macca and I imagine he wants it even less now. They're a disgrace, pure and simple. Jenson's remarks after Q1 were a model of tact, dignity and Zen-like composure.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3515108)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
So Lulu's on pole; well it was either going to be him or Nico, the McLaren's are at the other end of the grid and Massa ruined Ferrari's day by getting 3rd on the grid. Williams are starting this season where they left off last season, very encouraging.