Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4000242)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So top 10 in q2 all already under a buck 20 with their first laps.

Fast track
Old 5 Sep 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4000244)   #27
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
So top 10 in q2 all already under a buck 20 with their first laps.

Fast track
Shows the pace of F1 development.

2019 Ferrari pole with dodgy engine 1:19.3

2020 Mercedes with engine turned down 1:19

Also shows Ferrari’s issues

2020 Ferrari with legal engine 1:20.7
Old 5 Sep 2020, 13:36 (Ref:4000245)   #28
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Kravitz SO SHOUTY?
Old 5 Sep 2020, 13:37 (Ref:4000246)   #29
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These teams never seem to learn. Leaving it to the last minute is a recipe for disaster.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4000248)   #30
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might want to send a Christmas card to K-Mag, Danny. Saved your bacon there.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 14:02 (Ref:4000254)   #31
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Well getting the FIA to ban Party mode seemed to have worked well for Red Bull, eh?
Old 5 Sep 2020, 14:13 (Ref:4000258)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They need to do something about these engine modes.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 18:04 (Ref:4000293)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well looks like another mercedes domination, but after that the race seems open, unless you have a ferrari engine in which case you are racing the williams
Old 5 Sep 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4000294)   #34
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Ouch.....

Speaking after qualifying at Monza, team principal Wolff said that Mercedes had been preparing for the ban on engine mode changes even before the FIA communicated the ruling, reacting to opposition it saw growing.

"The way we operate is about extracting performance, and being as adaptable as an organisation, almost the Darwinistic principle, to confront every possible situation that comes up," Wolff said.

"Once it was clear that the lobby against our qualy mode has grown, much before the TD came out of the regulations, we shifted our development work towards that situation.

"Today, we've seen for the first time how the level of performance has changed between the teams, and there are some interesting outcomes.

"I think maybe the ones that pushed the hardest didn't show great performance today.

"The biggest advantage we have focused on is to gain race time, and that happens tomorrow. But you don't want to praise the day before the evening.

"We are pushing the boundaries, and therefore we've had a really good Saturday, and I'm very pleased for the team. Now we need to do well on Sunday."
Old 5 Sep 2020, 20:20 (Ref:4000307)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 21:45 (Ref:4000331)   #36
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Mercedes.
This. Love them or hate them.....employ the best driver, the best manager, the best engineers, the best mechanics and just win.

Ironically i was watching the Duke Videos review of Group C earlier today.....they employed the exact same technique in 1990/1991.....Schumacher was part of that.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 22:51 (Ref:4000335)   #37
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline View Post
These teams never seem to learn. Leaving it to the last minute is a recipe for disaster.
Agree - it's all something of a flog they way they all pile out at the same time - sitting there with the engine running a dude looking at a monitor with hand up until it's time to go.

I absolutely understand the desire to jump in a slipstream at Monza but they're all being too "clever" by half and missing the obvious risks to their performance - bit some of them today.

Far better to trying zigging as all the others are zagging and give the team some clear running room - at least that way you are setting your own destiny, rather than relying on others to not mess it up for you.

It hasn't suddenly happened here, it's the same at nearly every circuit and makes no sense at all (except, I suspect on an engineering simulation that doesn't take into account human attitudes and that humans sometimes make mistakes).
Old 6 Sep 2020, 02:14 (Ref:4000344)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
This. Love them or hate them.....employ the best driver, the best manager, the best engineers, the best mechanics and just win.

Ironically i was watching the Duke Videos review of Group C earlier today.....they employed the exact same technique in 1990/1991.....Schumacher was part of that.
Yes.

Although ‘89 and ‘90 (except not bothering with Le Mans ) was when they nailed it. 1991 was Jaguar. Merc looked like they were dominating Le Mans, but alas. TGF won in the season finale.

(Not important pedantic comment )
Old 6 Sep 2020, 06:50 (Ref:4000350)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
have any penalties been announced after the stewards looked at all the quali incidents?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 08:18 (Ref:4000362)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
have any penalties been announced after the stewards looked at all the quali incidents?
All Mercedes engines have been docked a cylinder for the race.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 09:06 (Ref:4000368)   #41
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Delighted for the other teams that "their" party mode ban has worked out so well for them. I'm all for racing but it wears a bit thin where some teams claim to want freedom of development but seemingly only for them!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4000376)   #42
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems qualifying was a bit of a mess. Ferrari really down in the dumps at their home circuit

Yet another Merc 1-2, but what a lap by Sainz to get third
Old 6 Sep 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4000394)   #43
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So now we have actual journalists asking Ferrari fans if they'd boo the team had they been allowed into the circuit. I know things are bad at Ferrari but i dont remember the media or fans ever "going" for another team like this before. Why?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:15 (Ref:4000398)   #44
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So now we have actual journalists asking Ferrari fans if they'd boo the team had they been allowed into the circuit. I know things are bad at Ferrari but i dont remember the media or fans ever "going" for another team like this before. Why?
The Italian sports press are merciless. They've given Ferrari an extremely hard time at many points in the past when they've had a bad day. From what I've seen so far this weekend the international press and media are being pretty soft by comparison.

The Tifosi themselves have also given Ferrari a hard time on a regular basis. Some call it 'passion'.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:48 (Ref:4000406)   #45
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The Italian sports press are merciless. They've given Ferrari an extremely hard time at many points in the past when they've had a bad day. From what I've seen so far this weekend the international press and media are being pretty soft by comparison.

The Tifosi themselves have also given Ferrari a hard time on a regular basis. Some call it 'passion'.
It was British journalist Jennie Gow who asked the question, thats why i was surprised.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:53 (Ref:4000407)   #46
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
It was British journalist Jennie Gow who asked the question, thats why i was surprised.
Sorry, I didn't make it clear - I was addressing the point of:

Quote:
I know things are bad at Ferrari but i dont remember the media or fans ever "going" for another team like this before.
Gow has probably picked up something from the local/Italian media.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 12:59 (Ref:4000410)   #47
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a pretty excellent fly by. Very tight formation.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:10 (Ref:4000415)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
That was a pretty excellent fly by. Very tight formation.
I wonder whether the drivers will manage such a tight formation into the first chicane?

(Betteridge's Law holds true here, more than likely)
Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:11 (Ref:4000417)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Lol.

So tight in the midfield as well. Gonna be an interesting start.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:13 (Ref:4000419)   #50
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Beer. Snacks. Grid forming up. Here we go!