Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:19 (Ref:929580)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari - Michael Hattrick!! =)

Wonderful race! Great win for Michael and Ferrari! Great 1-2.

The Ferraris are in an absolute class of their own..brilliant race, brilliant strategy, brilliant cars, brilliant drivers, brilliant team. Not a mistake anywhere!

Well deserved, well earned...really marvelous.

Also, a GREAT Bahrain GP. The race is awesome..full of overtaking and racing (without rain!) and there's plenty of action everywhere!!

And well done to Button for his 2nd consecutive podium. BAR/Honda is on a roll now, Sato had run very strongly the whole weekend too!

Once again...Great day for F1, a great race, one of the best in recent years.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:21 (Ref:929583)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't say it was one of the best races in years, but there was a lot of action behind the Ferraris.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:27 (Ref:929603)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm saying it's one of the best not because MS won, but rather for once we had a very interesting race because of the race itself..without incidents such as a mad-man, sudden thunderstorms or safety car periods.

It's a normal race, yet the circuit enabled much racing...and the cars delivered..

Of course..having MS/Ferrari on the top step of the podium is a Great bonus!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:28 (Ref:929605)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Ok..anyways being so happy, i'd change "one of the best" to "one of the better" races in recent years..hope it satisfy ya!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:29 (Ref:929608)   #5
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SEVEN titles looms. And it is probably NOT too early to say that either. This guy does not need a headstart to win a championship! Awesome reliability.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:929616)   #6
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari will be challenged this year; IMO there won't be a repeat of 2002 where they won all but 2 of the races. But by the time Williams (for example) start beating them consistently they're going to be so far ahead that the title race is effectively over.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:929624)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:41 (Ref:929642)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah great win ferrari.... 2002 all over again?

Last edited by ralf fan; 4 Apr 2004 at 13:42.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:41 (Ref:929643)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Haha..yeah Ferrari will be challenged..but how soon that happens is really up to the rivals to pull their socks... And currently, only Williams/JPM seem capable and yet they are quite a distance back.. Thank god!

But it's ok, today's race showed that even with Michael running away with things... there are plenty of racing that the mid-fields could provide.. It's really great racing at the mid fields... and thankfully the camera picked up most of it..

Ralf/Sato come together...whose fault? It's being investigated and when would we know the judgement?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:43 (Ref:929648)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Anyway, isn't there all the talk of Ferrari running light in qualifyings? It seems like Ferrari isn't because RB pitted at the same time as JPM, and MS just a couple of laps earlier..in fact, MS had a better strategy being one of the last to pit in his final stop.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:51 (Ref:929669)   #11
Rubinho
Racer

United Kingdom
Cambridge, UK
Rubinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Ralf/Sato come together...whose fault? It's being investigated and when would we know the judgement?
Undoubtably Ralfs fault IMO. Stewards meet with both drivers after the race for the investigation. No idea when they'll make the announcement though as I don't think this system has been used before.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:51 (Ref:929671)   #12
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Michael was in a class of his own.. a great drive and a very well-deserved win. I am sure he is all set for his 7th title now... may be by the French GP?? we'll see.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:56 (Ref:929684)   #13
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Ferrari will be challenged this year; IMO there won't be a repeat of 2002 where they won all but 2 of the races. But by the time Williams (for example) start beating them consistently they're going to be so far ahead that the title race is effectively over.
forget it.......this year is shaping up to be a repeat of 2002....at this point i'd give BAR a much better chance at challenging ferrari....
Old 4 Apr 2004, 15:01 (Ref:929790)   #14
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant race for Ferrari, MS and RB and all the team.

It just goes to show what team work can do - lets hope the lads at BAR are taking notes, Williams/McClaren are not and if I were JPM - I'd be very worried, very worried indeed.

Well done the REDS, 3 out of 3.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:15 (Ref:929923)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it's going to stop at a hattrick, i can't see anyone stopping his domination for a while yet.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:30 (Ref:929996)   #16
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i missed the race, but Michaels qualifying lap yesterday was awesome. that time when his car slid, but he still didn't lose the car, nor did he lose any time was out of this world.

screw diplomacy, Michael is the best. the others don't even come close. and to watch him at his peak is a priviledge.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:00 (Ref:930029)   #17
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great win for the ferrari.

but what happen to Rubens? how come he got fined by $10,000 bcos of a clash with trulli ?? when was that??
Old 5 Apr 2004, 04:24 (Ref:930485)   #18
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was in the pit lane when Barrichello pulled out of his pit box he pulled in the path of another car (which i think was Trulli) nearly causing a collision.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 04:27 (Ref:930487)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's correct.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 08:37 (Ref:930680)   #20
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schu Schu Schu....Schu Mach Er!!!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 09:30 (Ref:930724)   #21
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's too early to write off the season yet.

I think Ferrari has been a tad lucky in one respect. Race day track temperature.

In Malaysia and Bahrain the track temperatures dropped for race day which did help the Bridgestones. In Australia the temperature dropped for the whole event meaning the compounds Michelin brought with them were too hard.

I'm going to wait until we have a consistent hot weekend before I start worrying too much.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 09:37 (Ref:930728)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another flawless drive and an entertaining pole. The pole reminded me of Austria last year.

He made Rubens look mediorce.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 10:16 (Ref:930756)   #23
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
I wouldn't say it was one of the best races in years, but there was a lot of action behind the Ferraris.
my thoughts entirely, i think this year we will see more of the same as well,
Old 5 Apr 2004, 10:17 (Ref:930758)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari were awesome - you can't fault them on any level. Were it not for Rubens' tyre choice misfortune in Malaysia, they oculd well have 3 grid and race 1-2s so far.

The actual race meeting was superb in every way though. Lots of action throughout the field, great aggressive racing, drama all the way through, and loads for us to argue over. Definately the best dry-weather race since Silverstone last year.

F1 has a bright future in Bahrain. The circuit facilities were great, the organistional effort mind-boggling, and the track layout inherently great for once.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 10:22 (Ref:930768)   #25
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
soon people are going to have to stop hoping the Michelins can drag everyone else up to Ferrari.. it may not happen!