Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:02 (Ref:930031)   #1
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Klien "The Overtaker"

Well he made Kimi look pretty ordinary,obviously not afraid to have a go at anyone,even in a Jag,way to go,F1 needs more guys like this one,keep an eye on him
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:03 (Ref:930032)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeah yeah... great stuff from Klein... not afraid to have a go at the big boys...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:04 (Ref:930035)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff. I thought the same.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:39 (Ref:930080)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Klien "The Overtaker"

Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Well he made Kimi look pretty ordinary,
Not really. being overtaken doens't make you pants. IIRC Kimi had got ahead before his engine blew. I don't see how it reflects badly on Kimi at all.
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
obviously not afraid to have a go at anyone,
Yes it was great stuff. Needs a little refining, but I really enjoyed it and it shows he has the balls to go for it.
More of it please Klein. Apart from the start he had a top weekend. A match for Webber over the last few days (equally this does not reflect badly on Webber).
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:48 (Ref:930096)   #5
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A rookie who isn't afraid to overtake but doesnt crash out taking another driver out with him. Hooray! Well done Klein look forward to seing more.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:50 (Ref:930098)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Klien "The Overtaker"

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Not really. being overtaken doens't make you pants. IIRC Kimi had got ahead before his engine blew. I don't see how it reflects badly on Kimi at all.

Yes it was great stuff. Needs a little refining, but I really enjoyed it and it shows he has the balls to go for it.
More of it please Klein. Apart from the start he had a top weekend. A match for Webber over the last few days (equally this does not reflect badly on Webber).

Totally agreed, Adam.

I've never understood why some people feel they can only praise a driver by slagging off another.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:56 (Ref:930106)   #7
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
arrrrr it's Klien not Klein
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:57 (Ref:930110)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's what you get for typing quickly. I dare say I have also said that Micheal won today's race. My apologises could not be more humbler.

Last edited by Adam43; 4 Apr 2004 at 19:57.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:47 (Ref:930162)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More to the point, a circuit on which it is possible to overtake and retake. Something clearly went wrong in the planning stages...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:55 (Ref:930175)   #10
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I'm honest I didn't think much of Klien at all when jaguar signed him and my opinion didn't change much in the first couple of races but I liked his attitude today and hope that we'll see more of it!!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:57 (Ref:930180)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Top overtaking action from Klien!
Great stuff.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:02 (Ref:930190)   #12
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great move and I think he'll be one to keep an eye on in the future.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:16 (Ref:930210)   #13
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two things came out in my option today:

Firstly he proved he is in F1 because he has the skill and determination. Yes he went off a few times but this is only his third race and the fight he was putting up with Kimi etc... showed he knows how to take it to the big boys when he can.

Secondly Jaguar stated they would only give him half a season to beat his team mate.... um so does that mean Webber is fired if he continues in this manner? I think if Jag get rid of him it will show the type of badly run company they are but that's a rant to replied to in another thread if your so inclinded!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:28 (Ref:930225)   #14
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix1
Two things came out in my option today:

Secondly Jaguar stated they would only give him half a season to beat his team mate.... um so does that mean Webber is fired if he continues in this manner? I think if Jag get rid of him it will show the type of badly run company they are but that's a rant to replied to in another thread if your so inclinded!
IN what manner ? oh YOU must mean coming from 15th to 8th !!!What are you on about ?

I think Klien drove a great race as did Mark as the Jag look to have not like this track well done to both drivers
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:57 (Ref:930246)   #15
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
me thinks mr. klien may have opened a few eyes around the f1 paddock this weekend....
Old 4 Apr 2004, 22:51 (Ref:930289)   #16
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The guy dserves his seat on merit if he contiues to push as hard as he did today! He has a lot to learn but he knows and acknowledges that. Nothing else to say really. The doubters were wrong about him ... and the R5...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 22:51 (Ref:930291)   #17
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not get carried away here - he only made one move that actually stuck for a couple of corners on Kimi (who had a dog of a car, a sick engine and a tank-load of fuel) - many of his attempts he ran wide and lost the place immediately after trying, losing himself time. And how many other cars did he genuinely overtake during the rest of the race? None.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 22:58 (Ref:930298)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is being hailed as the next Niki Lauda. In regards to his battle with KR, Brundle figured that the McLaren was carrying double the fuel load.

Klien is putting up a better fight than Pizza man ever did.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 23:00 (Ref:930300)   #19
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Cos... diving under someone and not keeping it is not really a pass. Good stuff though. Looks like the Jags have found some top end too.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 01:09 (Ref:930385)   #20
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he didn't make the moves stick.So what.He is young and it was his third race.Give the kid some credit please.He has shown other more experienced drivers IT IS POSSIBLE TO PASS IN F1.I seem to remember at the start of the season some saying he only got the seat due to his sponsers dollars.Some of thoose people are still having a go at him because the moves didn't stick.
Think back to when Michael or Senna first started.They made the same mistakes.I am not saying hes as good as but the potentials there.

The Grumpy1
Old 5 Apr 2004, 01:14 (Ref:930388)   #21
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
He's done a lot better than I thought he would. He's actually the first teammate to outqualify Webber (I think), he's brought it home 3 out of 3 and he's getting faster and having a go. What more do you want out of a guy with 3 F1 starts in a cr@p car?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 01:49 (Ref:930411)   #22
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar a **** car? I'm not so sure! I think it may lack an overall balance which would enable it to be strong on a number of different circuits, but it has potential. It has shown flashes of speed and I think as long as the development is there it couild surprise by mid-season.
Having said that, Top Job Klien! Showed good speed and aggression and proved a lot of doubters wrong.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 5 Apr 2004, 02:15 (Ref:930424)   #23
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia outqualified Webber at Silverstone and was fired!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 03:50 (Ref:930457)   #24
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was very impressive indeed. It's nice to see that the second driver at Jaguar is FINALLY able to succeed. I'm not convinced that the others guys couldn't drive fast. I think part of the reason Klien looked so good was that no one knew the track so the playing field was leveled a bit. Also Webber had some troubles, but Klien was faster period.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 03:53 (Ref:930459)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Klein did very well for an inexperienced driver. The moves may not have stuck, but at least he was having a go. Good to see from a young driver, not afraid of mixing it with superior cars and drivers.