Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1815799)   #1
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Briscoe to champcar?

Ryan briscoe has accepted an offer from "an international racing team based in America". My guess is champ car but not sure which team. Maybe de matta's seat or team oz?? Anyone heard anything?

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=30261

Great news for him, he is a fantasic driver and deserves a full time seat.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:29 (Ref:1815812)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Champcar is the most likely place of course, cant picture him ending up in the IRL. It will be interesting to see who he has signed for. To me though he didnt do anything that special in his few outings in 2006, hopefully he can improve on that if he is in Champcar this year.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1815825)   #3
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Champcar is the most likely place of course, cant picture him ending up in the IRL. It will be interesting to see who he has signed for. To me though he didnt do anything that special in his few outings in 2006, hopefully he can improve on that if he is in Champcar this year.
I thought he did quite well in his two races in champcar last year. His first race on the gold coast was a huge learning curve for him and he improved heaps at mexico qualified 5th but was unlucky with tyre trouble. Out of champcar in 2006 he had some exceptional results, including a podium in IRL with a low budget team and a couple of podiums for team australia in a1. He also had great results in the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series with Suntrust team.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1815827)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Penske in ALMS isn't it?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 16:59 (Ref:1815830)   #5
NoGuts-NoGlory
Rookie

Canada
Canada
NoGuts-NoGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
According to American publication Autoweek, Briscoe has signed a deal to compete with the reigning LMP2 champions in 2007 and race the Porsche RS Spyder as a replacement for the DTM bound Lucas Luhr

It won't be a full-time seat though as he will be forced to share his seat with Penske IRL star Helio Castroneves, who will race when his schedule allows him to do so.

Although his position has not been confirmed, it would go a long way to explain why Briscoe has suddenly pulled out of his duties racing in the A1 GP Championship for Australia, particularly as the next round of the series at Taupo coincides with the first Sebring 12 Hours test next week.
Alms it would seem!
Old 18 Jan 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1818464)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

yeah, believe the penske deal is signed, sealed & delivered - which is great for ryan.... disappointing for me & maybe a few other aussies that we wont see him racing open wheelers late on monday night after that bs big brother rubbish...

will keep a close eye on his alms season tho - all the best ryan
Old 18 Jan 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1818497)   #7
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
yeah, believe the penske deal is signed, sealed & delivered - which is great for ryan.... disappointing for me & maybe a few other aussies that we wont see him racing open wheelers late on monday night after that bs big brother rubbish...

yeh it is a bit disappointing that we wont be able to watch him race, I was looking foward to seeing him do well in champcar.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1822137)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
According to the Penske-Porsche release it is a full time drive. Helio will guest drive at Sebring.
Good for Ryan. A drive for Porsche-Penske will keep the wolf from the door and if he does well establish him in a good road racing career. A lot of very good drivers have forged a good career from such a position.
Pity we won't see him in Champcar but his contract may allow a one off drive in non conflicting races. Sports car contracts are often not as exclusive as open wheel series contracts.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1822157)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick

No need to be disappointed, he'll be driving a stunning racecar in a very competitive series. The P2 battle next year will be huge. Good luck to him.
Old 23 Jan 2007, 02:20 (Ref:1822380)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shame i won't get to see him race CC as i reckon he would have done great, but anyway i am sure he will do great in ALMS.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 02:31 (Ref:1834403)   #11
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see him drive in the Suntrust car at Laguna Seca I think. He did very well as I recall. I also saw him at the Sebring winter test two weeks ago. jhansen is right; the battle in P2 in ALMS next year will be awesome. Here is the mentioned competion so far:

Quote:
LMP2
6 Penske Motorsports Porsche RS Spyder (Maassen, Briscoe)
7 Penske Motorsports Porsche RS Spyder (Dumas, Bernhard)
8 Mazdaspeed/B-K Motorsports Lola B07/40 Mazda MZR-R (Bach, Devlin)
9 Hicroft Racing Courage LC75 Acura (Brabham, Johansson)
15 Lowe's Fernandez Racing Lola B06/43 Acura (Fernandez, Diaz)
16 Dyson Racing Team Porsche RS Spyder (Leitzinger, Wallace)
20 Dyson Racing Team Porsche RS Spyder (Dyson, Smith)
26 Andretti Green Racing Courage LC75 Acura (Herta, D. Franchiti, M. Franchiti)
37 Intersport Racing Lola B05/40 AER P07-E (C. Field, J. Field)*
There may also be some part time competion from other entries. But look at the driver talent in there!!!
Old 7 Feb 2007, 14:12 (Ref:1835464)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guess we can close this thread, which was launched by an Open-Wheel snob.