Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:32 (Ref:157034)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official Big Kev Complaints Thread

Gone on people, this is the also known as the "stress relief thread".

Go ferral, don't hold back
Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:40 (Ref:157038)   #2
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Have to admit that even being a Holden fan I really wanted Brad Jones to win to day but old Boof Head as he does got in the way. I hope Paul Morris leaves V8's and goes and races himeself agin in the Super Tourers
Old 7 Oct 2001, 11:55 (Ref:157045)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the %@#* did they think they were doing. They were never going to win even if they were on the lead lap.

Big Kev must have some sort of d1ckhead bonus going. 2 years in a row.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 12:19 (Ref:157057)   #4
Fulton
Rookie

Fulton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G'day all

There is no excuse for his driving behaviour at Bathurst and should have been dealt with more swiftly. Don't forget his 'middle of the road' tactics in 1999 with Johnson Jr when he was clearly holding him up.

For a driver who has been around a while he should have known better.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 13:01 (Ref:157071)   #5
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats a bit rough boys, plenty of others have got in the way of people before and in the race today and you aren't bagging them out. It would be good to get him back in a Super Tourer , though.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 13:52 (Ref:157081)   #6
Shazza
Rookie

Argentina
Adelaide, Australia
Shazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well no-one's perfect are they...

Plenty of drivers did dumb things today, such as a) Larry driving into the pit wall b) Ambrose driving into the pit wall c) Wills beaching Bowe's car while they were doing well d) Lowndes driving into the wall at the dipper and of course not forgetting e) Besnard punting Morris early on.

But I don't see any threads slagging them!
Old 7 Oct 2001, 14:23 (Ref:157094)   #7
Fulton
Rookie

Fulton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree there were a bunch of fruit loops today, however you don't block people by accident and get a warning and still block by accident. Those other dramas on the mountain were accidents/incidents, not purposeful incidents such as the case with Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I dont hate the guy but I don't like to see things like that and no action taken at a time when the officials get more crazed about stupid pit infringements which does not effect what's happening on track.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 21:54 (Ref:157241)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shazza- you should have been in the chat room....an area where there is no autocensor- those people you mentioned copped a right royal slagging!

Larry was as bad as Lowndes- go like a cut snake and forget to back off.
Ambrose-....well grumpphh...grumble grumble...
Wills- would you give him a drive at Bathurst? Granted, he didn't hit anything last year...
Bowe- he'll be spotted today buying some extra thick glass coke bottle bottoms to stick in his glasses frames.
Car 9's entire race- Blimey!

Welcome aboard Fulton!

Gotta agree there...you could say they were consistantly unconsistant... (arrrgghhh, btw, what do you all think of his new saying "Ford...unbelivable" -aaarrgghhh. Also, what about black flags for people nerfing each other off?
Old 7 Oct 2001, 22:44 (Ref:157261)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
what do you all think of his new saying "Ford...unbelivable" -aaarrgghhh.
It was falcon unbelievable.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 04:22 (Ref:157335)   #10
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Paul Morris,

Just a short not to let you know you acted like a twit on the mountain.

I have no idea on what you where thinking at the end of the race. Did you think you where leading the race?, mate you where not even on the lead lap. You cost Cameron McLean & Greg Ritter the chance of winning the race with your blatant blocking of the Shell Ford.

I have a feeling that it is not all your fault as the Big Kev Holden seems to do stupid things at Bathurst. For example Matt Neal is a fantastic driver but last year he must have had some Big Kev Draino when he also forgot that he was not leading the race and attempted to take out Skaife and Seaton.

Regards
A one time supporter.

PS try to be fair out their on the track.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 06:22 (Ref:157339)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Going for Ansett

Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama
What the %@#* did they think they were doing. They were never going to win even if they were on the lead lap.

Big Kev must have some sort of d1ckhead bonus going. 2 years in a row.

These guys wanted to attract as much attention as possible because Big Kev was going to team up with Dick Smith to buy out Ansett.
The company will be called Big Dick.
They will be going after the Virgin Routes.
And the company slogan will be "I'm Excited"
Old 8 Oct 2001, 07:58 (Ref:157354)   #12
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHAT A DILL!!!!!! I really dont think Morris affected the outcome of the race, Skaife was just too quick at the end but WHAT A DILL!!!!

The blocking of the #18 Shell car AND pushing Brad Jones wide when he finally got around the outside of Morris was an absolute disgrace. He should have been given the black flag.

BTW- congrats to HRT/Skaife and Longhurst they showed us again that they are "the business". damn that was hard to type

And a HUGE congrats to Jones/Cleland and Ritter/Mclean.great drive by those guys
Old 8 Oct 2001, 08:28 (Ref:157358)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Kev = Big Waste of Space

No, I am not excited. Sour grapes from a Ford fan
Old 8 Oct 2001, 09:00 (Ref:157363)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In all fairness to Paul Morris while he did stupid things throughout the race he wasn't on his own as there were plenty of other idiotic actions in the race.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 09:09 (Ref:157366)   #15
Brock
Rookie

The thing I can not get over is Morris is a former Frank Gardner student. I'm shore he would agree Morris is a half wit. Sorry thats selling halfwits short
Old 8 Oct 2001, 14:59 (Ref:157494)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well he was silly ..thats all I can say.

but today I was at the newsagent buying the local paper ..i was in line waiting to be served when i heard a phone ring behind me ..I thought ..aaarrrrggghhh..i hate those things..then i heard a voice i thought I knew....i looked around to see Brad jones standing there talking to someone (who knows maybe Tony C hahaha )

of course being the true voyuer i am I tried to listen in ..after a bit he said this.

"I spoke to him after ..he said he wasnt trying to squeeze me ..he thought he was leaving plenty of room .(other person speaks)...no honest thats what he said ..but there was bugger all room for me to go through....(he then said....someone (didnt hear the name) told me to get over it...I just said i wasnt too happy about it ..and he said sorry..thats racing i guess..I left it at that"

I must add i am not sure if he was talking about morris at all but thats what I read into it

i have no idea who he was talking too but i dont think he was too happy about it all by the tone of his voice..but he did go on to say

"Mark just had a bit to much for me..I dont think i could have got him ..but I would have tried if i had the chance"

he said goodbye after saying that he had just pulled into Albury and hadnt been home yet and was looking forward to a good sleep..he hung up ( if you can hang up a mobile?)
and I turned around and became the first person in his home town of Albury to congetulate him on his efforts and wished him the best for the rest of the year..he smiled and said thanks and shoke my hand and said next year we will do it with a smile.

so there ya have it ..by the way the local paper ran the headline "Bridesmaid Brad" ..not to flattering but he got a good write up at least...and i must add that i would have thought he would be hung over or something ..but he didnt look it ..he was a bit scruffy but not that bad..I personally would be a mess and probably in hospital after finishing 2nd at bathurst.

well done Brad ..my new hero
Old 8 Oct 2001, 22:00 (Ref:157794)   #17
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Memo to Paul Morris:
When you're in "the big car" you're not racing in the little series that Daddy bought for you. Please get out of the way as there is more than one competitive car in this field and they are all trying to lap you.

Then again, you could have a very bright future driving the Safety Car.

Thankyou,
Regards Buckshot.
Old 8 Oct 2001, 23:03 (Ref:157825)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Way to go Marcus! Top stuff there
Old 9 Oct 2001, 02:57 (Ref:157874)   #19
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What about one of the sponsors...Sirromet. Odd name really...something fishy about it too...I wonder what it could mean...or where it came from...or what happens when you spell it backwards...
Old 9 Oct 2001, 03:17 (Ref:157882)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
You're just paranoid now Elephino....who would sponsor themselves? Did you get some hail stuck in your head or something?

(BTW- have any TWR cars try to take you out recently?)
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:20 (Ref:157958)   #21
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprisingly they haven't. I guess I'll have to wait for Indy for them to try again.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 12:37 (Ref:158006)   #22
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a class that the most important thing is money and nobody can understand someone trying to get some more airtime. Next week there will be a graph published showing how much airtime each car got, so that they can say to their sponsors how many minutes of advertising time (value for money) they got. Do you think Bernoldi was any different at Monaco?
Old 9 Oct 2001, 13:48 (Ref:158035)   #23
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmmm ,there's another time that Paul Morris did something really stupid.The year he first(?) won the stupid touring championship-in the second last race(2 races per event) he slid wide in a corner.I think it was jim richards who was behind .Jim calmly took the inside of the corner & WELL past the apex Morris turned in on him!!Then after the race Morris tried to blame Jim!! Idiot
Old 10 Oct 2001, 10:35 (Ref:158425)   #24
HoldenAngel
Rookie

HoldenAngel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe big kev gave hime some orders to get some tv coverage because he knew he had diddly squat chance at winning the race!
Old 13 Oct 2001, 00:04 (Ref:159915)   #25
Brock
Rookie

I think Morris should be penalised by CAMS and made to put BIG KEV in the drivers seat for the rest of the season........ I'm Excited
Closed Thread