Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3999481)   #91
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well after six months without any motorsport to watch I'd have probably have enjoyed it irrespective of the quality of the racing, but I thought it was a decent start to the Championship, especially given the circumstances.

Donnelly was great in the C4 at Titans and I was hoping he'd do well in the DS3: I wasn't disappointed. The fight for first in the Supercar final was superb. I actually thought Godfrey had the legs on Mark, was very surprised when he took the joker behind him.

Speaking of Julian, he really turned his fortunes around. Was odd to see him struggling in the opening qualification races, but he had everything sorted in time for the semis and final.

I thought the situation with Bennett was a bit strange. I initially thought it was his/his teams fault for not reading the rules properly, but then I read comments suggesting that he had informed the organisers before the weekend and it only became an issue later in the event? On the subject of his exclusion, I'd love to know the difference between fuel types. Yeah, I know his Mini runs a Pipo engine and Oliver has no doubt improved during his time in World RX, but his lap times were absolutely destroying those from the rest of the field...

...despite the absence of Bennett I still thought the grid for the Supercar final was the best quality it has been for some time. Eight well prepared cars, all capable of winning the final* (* in the right hands!). Unlucky for Thomas, but great to see Steve Hill having a trouble free day.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved the crowd were being. I certainly didn't see everywhere, but from what I saw people seemed to be distancing themselves at the trackside, in queues and when moving around. Perhaps I got lucky with what I saw, but I was expecting to see all discipline go out the window once people got into the circuit.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 08:42 (Ref:4001075)   #92
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post, but a few pictures from Lydden...

...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57715903682172

If anyone is interested.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 08:55 (Ref:4001079)   #93
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Nice

I didn't get to Lydden in the end so it's good to see some photos - Woloch's BMW looks very smart doesn't it? Good to see something a bit different in supernational too.
Old 9 Sep 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4001084)   #94
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I didn't get to Lydden in the end so it's good to see some photos - Woloch's BMW looks very smart doesn't it? Good to see something a bit different in supernational too.
It looked great and sounded superb as well. I thought it was quite funny to see Woloch and Bellerby together on track: the M3 looked double the size of the Exige!

You may have already seen it, but the Supercar final is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HWl...ture=emb_title
Old 12 Sep 2020, 16:47 (Ref:4001885)   #95
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
BMW Always nice to see saloons in SN.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4002148)   #96
HoleInTheHedge
Rookie

European Union
HoleInTheHedge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I thought the situation with Bennett was a bit strange. I initially thought it was his/his teams fault for not reading the rules properly, but then I read comments suggesting that he had informed the organisers before the weekend and it only became an issue later in the event? On the subject of his exclusion, I'd love to know the difference between fuel types. Yeah, I know his Mini runs a Pipo engine and Oliver has no doubt improved during his time in World RX, but his lap times were absolutely destroying those from the rest of the field...
There’s a difference in the octane levels between the fuels, it wouldn’t make a difference on track but each engine has to be programmed to a specific fuel do manage the difference...
Bennett was flying full stop!! If he was running red diesel that mini is still faster than anything else in the championship!!
I’d imagine the problem was that there’s a control fuel and they’ve probably paid the organiser’s for that privilege? And they might of gotten the hump??
Something similar to rocking up with a full set of Pirelli or Michelin when Cooper is the control supplier
Just my thoughts
Old 15 Sep 2020, 11:44 (Ref:4002579)   #97
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoleInTheHedge View Post
There’s a difference in the octane levels between the fuels, it wouldn’t make a difference on track but each engine has to be programmed to a specific fuel do manage the difference...
Yeah, I thought there was a bit of a contradiction in what was said (by Bennett); he said that the fuel was the same, but that his car couldn't run it. I assumed that if his car couldn't run it, it was because the octane rating was different, in which case the fuel wasn't the same...

...semantics really as, like you say, he was very rapid.

I hope Bennett runs one of the World (or Euro) rounds this year. Given his speed at Lydden I'd like to see how his latest specification Mini compares to the rest of the field.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 12:35 (Ref:4002592)   #98
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, I thought there was a bit of a contradiction in what was said (by Bennett); he said that the fuel was the same, but that his car couldn't run it. I assumed that if his car couldn't run it, it was because the octane rating was different, in which case the fuel wasn't the same...

...semantics really as, like you say, he was very rapid.

I hope Bennett runs one of the World (or Euro) rounds this year. Given his speed at Lydden I'd like to see how his latest specification Mini compares to the rest of the field.
Depends if he's updated his driving ability to a better specification, or if he's still running the spec that clips the inside of every tyre wall going...
Old 15 Sep 2020, 13:06 (Ref:4002594)   #99
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Depends if he's updated his driving ability to a better specification, or if he's still running the spec that clips the inside of every tyre wall going...

Well I was impressed at Lydden. He managed to do four qualifying sessions and didn't crash (or catch fire) once.
Old 15 Sep 2020, 21:30 (Ref:4002699)   #100
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The issue is simple.

He was running the fuel used in WRX, that is different, and he seemed to say it was actually no better or worse than what is run in BRX.

One driver, who if you know much about BRX in recent years it would be obvious who, *****ed and moaned, walked down to the office before the semi with a clipboard and rules probably, and that was it. Bennett was done.

Yes Bennett was quick, but that car is far more developed to a much higher level than anything in the UK, he is at the top of his game after a few years driving against the best in the business, where he can compete for the top 15 at times. Competing against a bunch of rich, old men who drive for a hobby.

The bloke that won was young, on it and clearly faster than everyone else with the possible exception of Godfrey who has been clearly the best in Britain for about a decade consistently.

If Bennett wanted he could rightly throw back that this should have been picked up at scrutineering, he then risked probably 300 grands worth of car for nothing, and also committed to bringing another driver to race something he has done a few times, sadly that car went up big style.

He might changed his mind but the fact he stated he would never do BRX again is sad and should be taken fairly seriously.