Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:15 (Ref:4000958)   #7546
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they really want to sell their battery system on the public and don't think a sticker on a small spec unit will suffice for that. I wonder what that will do to the class, but Toyota is also in development mode so don't they'd complain much.

It would likely help because well French and ACO goals but would they stay longer than Toyota, Kolles or SCG?
Old 8 Sep 2020, 16:23 (Ref:4000961)   #7547
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Anyone think that Hypercar might have a future if Peugeot go for it? It's seemignly a rumor that Peugeot are favoring that over the DPI-based regs.
Not a rumour - have been talking and writing about it for months - the latest DSC piece explains why!
Old 10 Sep 2020, 16:02 (Ref:4001455)   #7548
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rumor I saw from Autohebdo iirc said that Alpine is coming to hypercar after next year's lmp1 and an announcement is slated for LM weekend. Secondary to the Peugeot announcement.
Old 16 Sep 2020, 18:54 (Ref:4002842)   #7549
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Pascal Vasselon has some opinions on grandfathered LMP1.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ore-it-starts/
Old 16 Sep 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4002849)   #7550
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Pascal Vasselon has some opinions on grandfathered LMP1.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ore-it-starts/
To be quite fair, we know that FIA/ACO have done that in the past with the Group C cars and the LMP900s, so it is not unrealistic it will happen again (and that the grandfathered car wins)
Old 16 Sep 2020, 19:35 (Ref:4002853)   #7551
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“If you put LMP1 at the same level as LMH, it would kill all incentive for new teams to commit to the LMH category. Because obviously it will be a lot cheaper to go with a LMP1 instead of developing a LMH"

I'm sorry but how is this any different to when "LMDh" is introduced
Old Yesterday, 02:29 (Ref:4002911)   #7552
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
To be quite fair, we know that FIA/ACO have done that in the past with the Group C cars and the LMP900s, so it is not unrealistic it will happen again (and that the grandfathered car wins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
“If you put LMP1 at the same level as LMH, it would kill all incentive for new teams to commit to the LMH category. Because obviously it will be a lot cheaper to go with a LMP1 instead of developing a LMH"

I'm sorry but how is this any different to when "LMDh" is introduced
With the grandfathered cars only being eligible for one year I don't know why this is such a big deal. Of course the grandfather cars will not be race at the same spec that they are currently running, and not sure why Vasselon is making a big deal about this, other than to make sure the ACO knows Toyota needs to win.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 (Ref:4002939)   #7553
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
such a silly fall from grace...
Old Yesterday, 08:07 (Ref:4002947)   #7554
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With the grandfathered cars only being eligible for one year I don't know why this is such a big deal.
Because Toyota didn't go through all the **** to somehow get that car out for next season and make the class even happen just to get dunked by a 7 year old ORECA with a sticker on it and watch Renault waltz off with all the glory.

The real problem here is that in previous transitions older spec cars were clearly disadvantaged from a regulations standpoint so if they happened to still win there was no room to complain, while in the bold new future of BoP the only way to compare anything is the end result. In the end it's no different than out of production and non-Evo GT3 cars always getting the short end of the BoP stick.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 (Ref:4002965)   #7555
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I think Toyota are right to voice their concerns, they have done all the hard work to get ready for next season and stay in the category. The regulations for next season can't be changed now, let's just hope it is does the job. I look forward to seeing how well the Hypercars go. I think it will be nicely unique
Old Yesterday, 15:09 (Ref:4003124)   #7556
Napolis
Racer

Napolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNapolis should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Toyota are right to voice their concerns, they have done all the hard work to get ready for next season and stay in the category. The regulations for next season can't be changed now, let's just hope it is does the job. I look forward to seeing how well the Hypercars go. I think it will be nicely unique
I think next season will be exciting and agree with what Toyota said.
That said I don't see any issue with grandfathered cars.
I think BOP will easily deal with the situation.
The bigger issue that I see is all racing has to reduce costs.
Covid has destroyed a lot of things and racing has to adjust radically.

https://lsr-freun.de/news/status-update-der-scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-zum-scg-004c-004s-boot-und-dem-scg-007-lm-hypercar/
Old Today, 15:19 (Ref:4003543)   #7557
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA reveals more LMDh technical regulations.

https://racer.com/2020/09/18/imsa-re...l-regulations/
Old Today, 15:48 (Ref:4003555)   #7558
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OMG, thats stunning. Make it happen, someone.
Old Today, 15:51 (Ref:4003557)   #7559
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/sta...401274368?s=20
Old Today, 15:54 (Ref:4003560)   #7560
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
IMSA reveals more LMDh technical regulations.

https://racer.com/2020/09/18/imsa-re...l-regulations/
That rendering looks a little bit like a porsche on the front end. I still don't know why the minimum weight is so high.