Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4057435)   #2351
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
See that John, French like to moan and have always good solutions in hand but when it comes to express themselves and vote, they go fishing or shopping or whatever!
Old 20 Jun 2021, 20:21 (Ref:4057495)   #2352
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
See that John, French like to moan and have always good solutions in hand but when it comes to express themselves and vote, they go fishing or shopping or whatever!
Just like us, or at least Michele! We are on holiday at the moment, although funnily enough we were in Le Touquet this afternoon, as was Macron so that he could vote. Consequently lots of plain-clothes goons hanging around outside his house. However they look even more conspicuous than the uniformed versions.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 05:37 (Ref:4057533)   #2353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
"Maman" has not be worried anymore, when he deserves a good spanking, just send him for a"shake" in public! Passage ?* l'âge adulte…
Old 21 Jun 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4057554)   #2354
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
"Maman" has not be worried anymore, when he deserves a good spanking, just send him for a"shake" in public! Passage ?* l'âge adulte…
Mais oui!

I think maybe he has a Saturday job now, in "Maman's" family chocolate shop. Something to do with preparing him for the world of work next year...
Old 21 Jun 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4057608)   #2355
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have been watching "Shelby American ".
A 2 hour documentary of the man & his cars .
Seems to have been made about the same time as " Ford V . Ferrari " , and has some of the same " Hollywood " type story that the GT40 was an " All American triumph " . But is still worth watching for a lot of the racing parts .

Can be found here . https://www.123movie.dev/
[ Click on enter , put Shelby American in top corner box , find correct link and click on arrows . Might be a couple of pages of adverts to click out ]
Old 21 Jun 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4057614)   #2356
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John I just hope "Le Chat Bleu" does not belong to any member of the family. I dont want to change for another shop when in Lille, Paris or Le Touquet!
Old 21 Jun 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4057661)   #2357
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John I just hope "Le Chat Bleu" does not belong to any member of the family. I dont want to change for another shop when in Lille, Paris or Le Touquet!
No, I don't thinks so - their shop is in the family name, Trogoneux (spelling?).

Xavier Bertrand, our president, looks to be a likely candidate for the presidential elections. He did very well here yesterday, so much so an LREM gov. minister is voting for him next week!
Old 21 Jun 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4057666)   #2358
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be Trogneugneux, sacrebleu!
Yes Bertrand did well but I'm not sure he has the shoulders to be a président, he will be swallowed by the system right away if "one" thinks he presents a risk. Because the ex-FN is far away now, they'd all better concentrate on what is really important, the virus, the security, the tax level and why not the pensions.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4058016)   #2359
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ageing cycling heroes

Is there anyone else out there in Tententhsland desperately hoping that Quickstep can help the IncredibleCav to one more Tour stage win? We won't see his like again.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4058042)   #2360
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Four more stages and he'll be even with Merckx. King Eddy is not Mr Average…
Old 25 Jun 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4058192)   #2361
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Spa 3 hours

*Very* pleased to see that our good friends Mike and Kallum Gray have invaded France and advanced to Spa where they have just qualified in 11th place for the 3 Hours tomorrow evening.
Thus dispelling all fears about taking UK race cars to Europe and Covid travel issues in one fell swoop.
More power to them, I say
Old 26 Jun 2021, 09:33 (Ref:4058269)   #2362
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news, will be interesting to see what happens on their return to our shores.
Old 26 Jun 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4058276)   #2363
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
*Very* pleased to see that our good friends Mike and Kallum Gray have invaded France and advanced to Spa where they have just qualified in 11th place for the 3 Hours tomorrow evening.
Thus dispelling all fears about taking UK race cars to Europe and Covid travel issues in one fell swoop.
More power to them, I say
Timing site for Spa:

http://roadbook.alkamelsystems.com/
Old 26 Jun 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4058284)   #2364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the link. 32 lap times deleted (3 Hour race) due to track limits, marshaling there is not an easy task!
Old 27 Jun 2021, 05:07 (Ref:4058350)   #2365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Happy Birthday bauble !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Je t'en claque une bonne grosse paire mon poulet, profite bien de tout ce que la vie peut t'offrir de ce côté.

QUE LA FARCE SOIT AVEC TOI !!!
Old 27 Jun 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4058363)   #2366
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Je t'en claque une bonne grosse paire mon poulet, profite bien de tout ce que la vie peut t'offrir de ce côté.

Joyeux Anniversaire, Bob!! Here's too many more!
Old 27 Jun 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4058365)   #2367
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Merci, Mon Ami.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4058366)   #2368
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Joyeux Anniversaire, Bob!! Here's too many more!
Thank you John, but I'm not sure how many more I can take
Old 27 Jun 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4058370)   #2369
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoping it's good'un, Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4058372)   #2370
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Happy birthday Baub, you have a nice relaxing day today
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4058373)   #2371
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thank you John, but I'm not sure how many more I can take
Glad you didn't spot my spelling mistake...
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4058382)   #2372
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ha, 't was a spelling mistake then… Disappointing!
Old 27 Jun 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4058387)   #2373
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Bob, enjoy the day.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4058406)   #2374
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the link. 32 lap times deleted (3 Hour race) due to track limits, marshaling there is not an easy task!
Good news,don't need everyone trying to copy little Hammy or their favourite bttc /etc drivers.
Hope its in place for the Six Hour also.
Old 27 Jun 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4058421)   #2375
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Hope its in place for the Six Hour also.
Agreed, its a good thing.