Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 May 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2468281)   #376
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly-says View Post
Great race. Porsche + Manthey = Phenomenal.
Really looking forward to visit Nurburgring 24 next year. What an atmosphere!

PS. Many thanks to RLM (wish I knew a bit earlier about their live coverage).
Here with Hindy, Eve and Trussers, having a very welcome post race beer with the Aston boys and girls - Thanks for all the support and messages - always a thoroughly enjoyable event to cover and all the better to do it when there's as much feedback as we've had this weekend. Thanks to everyone who logged in.
Old 24 May 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2468296)   #377
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A great race, looking forward to next year.

Too bad the Aston Martins didn't beat their record. It also seems that the Mamerow Porsche didn't get on the track for the finish as they're classified as DNF. That's a damn shame for the team.

The love you guys at RLM have for sportscar racing transpires through your broadcast from start to end and it really makes it a fantastic experience to listen in to you guys for hours and hours. Always a pleasure. Thanks for your efforts every time you go on air!
Can't wait for Le Mans now!
Old 24 May 2009, 15:45 (Ref:2468298)   #378
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dario911 View Post
Greatful win! One of the most fought edition of the race! Congratulations to Porsche and Manthey team!:

But... Ferrari?! The announced a version of the F430 by Michelotto for VLN series. They raced the car in 2008 edition but...?!
It was not good enough to catch Porsches!

Porsche rulez!
I'm really getting tired of seeing this Porsche vs Ferrari nonsense in every possible thread. This "feud" has its own thread and I don't think I'm the only one who'd appreciate it if it stayed there.

And, to add a bit of fact: The car (which was very much a privateer project) was raced, worked pretty nicely (obviously not on the level of the Porsches that had raced there for years) and was crashed and destroyed after a couple of rounds. Apparently the team didn't have enough funding to get a new one.
Old 24 May 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2468315)   #379
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 24 May 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2468338)   #380
richardowen
Rookie

richardowen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know why Audi 99 slowed?

RLM + ADAC stream was fantastic. Great interview withUlrich Bez.
Old 24 May 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2468346)   #381
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I won't deny the fact that some well known Porsche factory faces are to be spotted in the Manthey pitboxes,but they're still the little David against the big Goliath which is Audi...

Dear Mr.Goodwin,

May I use this thread to thank you and your two passionate colleages for another job well done?
We're all looking forward to hearing the lot of you on our headsets and radio's at Le Mans,next month

Cheers! Keep up the good work !

I should like to second this comment - without you guys it would have been very difficult to follow and enjoy from here in north central Texas. I always enjoy John's fantastic commentary, it makes you seem like your are there in person. You guys are the greatest. Looking forward to being at LeMans and listening to you on RLM.

Thanks very much.
Carol
Old 24 May 2009, 17:37 (Ref:2468347)   #382
Dario911
Veteran

Italy
Somewhere in the world...
Dario911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The challenge Porsche Vs. Ferrari is the salt of the motorsport. You can't talk about Porsche without talk about Ferrari, and vice versa.
Don't you like it? Well, you don't understand the spirit of the challenge.

The F430 VLN was part of a project launched by Michelotto to bring Ferrari in VLN series, to face the Porsche. It was managed by a private team. After many races, the project has been aborted.
I ask to myself why, with all these cars, any Ferrari was present in a so important and hard race.
Le Mans, 23/06/2013, 15:00, Allan we miss you!
Porsche 1°-2° in GTE-Pro class with 991 GT3 RSR
Porsche 1st. place in GTE-Am class with 997 GT3 RSR
Old 24 May 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2468352)   #383
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Yeah,too bad,it was really going strong. Broken oil pump.

Also no Aston's in high places,I see.
Aside from winning 2 classes - one of which they finished 1,2,4!
Old 24 May 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2468357)   #384
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The challenge Porsche Vs. Ferrari is the salt of the motorsport. You can't talk about Porsche without talk about Ferrari, and vice versa.
Don't you like it? Well, you don't understand the spirit of the challenge.
So the spirit of the challenge is petty and often uninformed bickering whenever any opportunity presents itself? Right, I don't understand that, and I'm quite happy about it. To me, it seems just silly to ask "where are the Ferraris" when talking about a race they never really cared enough about to have a big presence.

My information is that Michelotto just built what the team ordered - I haven't found a single piece of information indicating anything to the contrary, do you have a source for that?

And what exactly is your definition of "many"? The Ferrari took part in three races and crashed in practice for the fourth. If it had been a project Michelotto wanted to do, don't you think building a new one would have had priority?
Old 24 May 2009, 18:42 (Ref:2468365)   #385
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
That's pretty one-dimensional.

Quote:
The F430 VLN was part of a project launched by Michelotto to bring Ferrari in VLN series, to face the Porsche.
Wrong. Michelotto was contracted by Oppermann and Altenbach to prep a F430 for the VLN.

Quote:
It was managed by a private team.
Wrong. It was a completely independent private effort.

Quote:
After many races, the project has been aborted.
The car was crashed and not rebuilt or replaced as the team lacked the funds.

Quote:
I ask to myself why, with all these cars, any Ferrari was present in a so important and hard race.
Could you rephrase that? It's hard to parse.
Old 24 May 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2468413)   #386
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Aside from winning 2 classes - one of which they finished 1,2,4!
Wow! That's great! So what did the V12 Vantage do?
Old 24 May 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2468423)   #387
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wow! That's great! So what did the V12 Vantage do?
Win the SP8 class and came 21st overall.

Tom.
Old 24 May 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2468449)   #388
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Win the SP8 class and came 21st overall.

Tom.
Nice! Very nice. Very pretty car that is. 21st hey...
Isn't it great to see so many AM's in international sportscar racing?
Old 24 May 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2468456)   #389
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
21st = behind 3 VW Sciroccos with a 2.0 liter turbo engine of a bit more than 300 bhp
Old 24 May 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2468459)   #390
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
...and a big rear wing on the back
Old 24 May 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2468465)   #391
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
...and a big rear wing on the back
Do the ADAC not put any limits on wing sizes?
Old 24 May 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2468469)   #392
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Scirocco looked really weird with that big wing. The Leon in WTCC looks like a dwarf compared to it's bigger brother's car.
Old 24 May 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2468478)   #393
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Do the ADAC not put any limits on wing sizes?
The smaller classes can have a bigger wing - but that wasn't my point: The Aston didn't have one at all.
Old 25 May 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2468542)   #394
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I wanted Audi to win despite their meddling with the race and all, maybe its because Im sick of Manthey winning recently so much, but I have to take my hats off to Manthey, they did very well and they won fair and square. Great battle at the start though with the Ford, it didnt look like a 24hr race to me!

Kudos also to the Aston Martin team, to win the SP8 class with the that beautiful V12 Vantage is a fantastic effort, good on them!!

Does anyone know where I can a video of the big BMW and Volkswagen crash?
Old 25 May 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2468647)   #395
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Come on rich07, you wanted Audi to win because you're a dancing donkey fan!
No problem in that.
To each his own.
Old 26 May 2009, 14:42 (Ref:2469540)   #396
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Is it just me or does the Lexus like exactly like the 430 from the angle?

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ualifs1_20.jpg
here you see a video of the end of one lexus. and i think this car looks like a lexus with a special "dics-saw"V10sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkpdLPt2KU
Old 27 May 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2470422)   #397
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Seems we'll see Marino Franchitti again next year if he can get a ride, after his Mamerow ride died at the end leaving him close to the podium for the 2nd year in a row but no cigar!
http://www.marinofranchitti.com/news....asp?NewsID=25

Audi R8s should be available by fall for customers. The team Phoenix boss seems to hint at a return next year or something of the sorts:
Ernst Moser (Teamchef Phoenix Racing): "We didn't dominate the race but experienced a duel. But most of the time we were in front. It was tremendously exciting and enjoyable. Unfortunately, the 'defect devil' struck once. But now that's water down the river. We need to learn from our mistakes and then we'll be at the very top. The car can do it, the team can do it, and the brand can do it. So we'll be able to do it too."
Abt is more discrete and Ulrich is just worse. So confirmations probably only later.
Old 27 May 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2470428)   #398
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Moser would like to move up to GT1 or GT2 with Audi....
Old 27 May 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2470430)   #399
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
That would be even better. I'd prefer they go to GT2 to make that class even better than it already is. GT1 is a bit of a coin flipper.
Old 27 May 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2470561)   #400
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The R8 LMS in GT2 would be fantastic!