Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Sep 2022, 03:37 (Ref:4126649)   #226
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Do not think we got down to a 12 Peter this year. Pretty sure we were just doing 17's and 18's..Some one with more time can have a look at roadbook.
3.08 is the time to beat Ian,I take it you will be on Dunlop histos also?
Shaved down ZZ sport is the Cottenham fav tyre added to a 2.1 engine helps also but its more fun with an 1853cc engine.?
Old 27 Sep 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4127645)   #227
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Heading off soon. Forecast not looking good.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4127646)   #228
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good luck chaps, hope its better than last year.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 10:56 (Ref:4127649)   #229
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Heading off soon. Forecast not looking good.
Sat looks bad. Very bad for the 911s back pack effect is increased.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 08:12 (Ref:4127719)   #230
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck guys. Have fun, bring it all back in one piece. "Safety Fast!" (Oh I know it's not an MG but it seems appropriate)

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Sep 2022, 08:53 (Ref:4127723)   #231
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Likewise, very best of luck boys. Sorry I won't be there but hopefully next year...

A nice cup of English tea awaits here on your return journey should you have time (not far from Croix). Be good to see you again.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4127745)   #232
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hithere, I will be going to Spa from Thurs pm until the end of play on Sunday, so hope to catch up with you, Iain !!

Weather forecast is terrible for Saturday, the whole day, so hope you have a set of un-buffed CR6ZZ's - the only sensible tyre to use in those conditions !!

Good look to any others making their way to Spa.

MartinH
Old 30 Sep 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4127942)   #233
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've got quite a few of my friends with classic Alfas over there to watch - upto yesterday they were posting pictures of gleaming cars in the sunshine.......I hope they've taken their waterproofs!

Good luck to all participants and watchers
Old 30 Sep 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4127988)   #234
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently its been good weather there today, but as said, the forecast for tomorrow.......The report from my man on the spot:

"It's chilly here in the Ardennes with temperature dropping to 1C overnight. However, it's been a gorgeous day with wall to wall sunshine. But it's not going to last with rain forecast for Saturday. But we live in hope that the weather forecasters are wrong.

Rain will make the circuit at Spa pretty slippery and it'll slow the racing down a tad which is disappointing.

The qualifying for grid position in the weekends racing was excellent with a lot of wheel to wheel action.

I have two favourite Belgian dishes. One is meatballs, which we had last night at the circuit and the other is Vol au vent, creamy chicken and frites. Which is what I'll be having tonight. I'm partial to the odd Chimay Rouge (beer) and I'll be having a couple of those as well. Its going to be a good end to a good day."
Old 1 Oct 2022, 08:10 (Ref:4128026)   #235
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well, if its raining its raining for everybody, right?

As for the dishes, I recommend "petit train" or "petit train de cotes" if you like pork (ribs with marinade). Local beer and fries to go with. Gorgeous.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4128028)   #236
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just looking at the live timing, it appears to be very wet!
Old 1 Oct 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4128030)   #237
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The HGPCA race has been red flagged, or flagged early.

Edit: My mistake it ran its full time, I was looking at the clock.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4128037)   #238
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well, if its raining its raining for everybody, right?

As for the dishes, I recommend "petit train" or "petit train de cotes" if you like pork (ribs with marinade). Local beer and fries to go with. Gorgeous.
The Belgians are all coming to France for their shopping these days because it is so much cheaper, so they'll probably be eating French food, Gerard!
Old 1 Oct 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4128118)   #239
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just been following the 6 hour on live timing and see Iain who is driving Gilbert atm has, after 45 laps climbed over 30 odd places from their start position and is running up in 53rd overall at the moment.
Best lap of 3:19 and the leaders are doing 2:41'sso must be dry

Just flashed up SC at the moment.

live timing im using is https://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/spasummerclassic
Iain is car #16
Old 1 Oct 2022, 17:35 (Ref:4128130)   #240
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They were 50th but now shown as stopped.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 17:38 (Ref:4128135)   #241
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whoops.... Iain got up to 48th I think (maybe 49th) but suddenly showed stopped on track. Now he has dropped to 55th and still showing stopped.. Now an SC has been deployed but some delay from when Iain first showed as stopped so maybe not connnected..

Edit: Sorry Peter didnt see your post
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:05 (Ref:4128153)   #242
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Now showing back in the pits and 69th.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4128156)   #243
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Still showing as stopped sadly.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:26 (Ref:4128164)   #244
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Edit: Sorry Peter didnt see your post
No problem
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4128170)   #245
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Still showing as stopped sadly.
Right. They were already under investigation (overtaking under yellow flag may be?)

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Oct 2022 at 18:43.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4128173)   #246
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There were a number of cars being investigated so not sure what it could be. I was thinking track limits.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 19:28 (Ref:4128201)   #247
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They had two warnings it seems. Iain back on the track now?
Old 1 Oct 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4128207)   #248
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes it seems so.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4128211)   #249
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Running at the end and finished 67th.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 20:01 (Ref:4128215)   #250
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well done both (best lap 3'19"39).I imagine another shower before the flag… Is it 66th or 67th? Well, who cares!