Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Jan 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1818598)   #1
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans game?

Does anyone know if theres a le mans game in the pipeline for the PS3 or XBox 360? There was a Le Mans game a few years back for the PS2. It wasnt that great although it did have a decent number of cars on track and day-night-day racing. Imagine what it could be like on a next-gen console, realistic faliures, quality graphics etc.. they could even make it in to a LMS/ALMS simulation. It would be nice to get a decent Le Mans race simulation aside from the rather limited offering in Gran Turismo.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1819605)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree.

I like the PS1 one with the Dandy Warhols title music.

Imagine something like that - but as the LMS! (Keep the song from that one).
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1819647)   #3
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC le mans for the commodore 64.

Oh sorry, wrong thread!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 10:22 (Ref:1820124)   #4
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Duke, that was a fairly good game, although the track was far too short, but whether that was because it was the ps1, i don't know.

The PS2 version was... okay at best, the gravel dust was very cool though!

Let's have a nice big le mans game, all the classes, tracks form the ALMS, and LMS.

Just all of it!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1820248)   #5
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where do I sign up!? That could be an amazing game. Given the very few tracks required they could make such a good simulator. And definitley incluse all the classes!

It would make it so intresting driving say a GT2 and having an LMP1 coming up behind you! Not to mention, night, rain, SC, pitstops etc.

Then take out the chicanes and have the Le Mans classic!
Old 20 Jan 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1820515)   #6
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i can remember Le Mans 24 Hours on Dreamcast and thought that was a good version of lemans lol
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1820560)   #7
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is a le man mod coming for rfactor, i know it not Ps2, but you obviosulyu have a PC, mite be worth getting rfactor if you havnt already, its great.

link - http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=LMS
Old 20 Jan 2007, 22:57 (Ref:1820573)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was about to say, the mod for Rfactor will start off with the full ALMS 2006 season.

then the 2006 LMS season and then the 2006 lemans 24 hours grid, the mod wont be released for a while though, im guessing atleast another 6 months or so.

it wont come with tracks, but there are already some very good mods for rfactor, there is the 1979 F1 add on, a porsche carrera cup add-on and a load of others.

there were rumours flying round in 2005 that microsoft studios were planning a game of the ALMS, but it was a red herring and left a lot of easily led people dissapointed.

if you want to get close to a decent lemans game, there is a version of GTR2 coming to the xbox 360 in march, and forza motorsport 2 for the xbox 360, which is bound to have about 10 cars atleast from the ALMS
Old 21 Jan 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1821120)   #9
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
I agree.

I like the PS1 one with the Dandy Warhols title music.

Imagine something like that - but as the LMS! (Keep the song from that one).
I thought that I must be the only person to remember the Dandy Warhols in that Intro!!. I think the game was made a couple of years before Vodafone made the song popular. I fact that song reminds me of Le Mans every time I heard it just because of that PS1 game!!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1821156)   #10
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83
I thought that I must be the only person to remember the Dandy Warhols in that Intro!!. I think the game was made a couple of years before Vodafone made the song popular. I fact that song reminds me of Le Mans every time I heard it just because of that PS1 game!!
same lol
Old 21 Jan 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1821209)   #11
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah me too, not listened to it an ages though!
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1821305)   #12
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont know the track lists for it but GTR has the full track lists for the fia gt series, 24 hour play and apparently variable weather so could be on there when it comes out in feb for the 360. rumour has it you might be able to get 20 online aswell.
Old 23 Jan 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1823983)   #13
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
25 online actually and its confirmed it will be 25 people, that is next gen, not 8 cars like in PGR3, i just hope forza 2 has atleast 15 cars, its about time these console games moved on from 6 or 8 cars.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 02:08 (Ref:1824293)   #14
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
forza was a great game, good tracks, great cars and the paint mods were great, it was the lack of an incar view that killed it!
Old 24 Jan 2007, 15:57 (Ref:1824819)   #15
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
to be honest i thought forza was miles ahead of gran turismo 4 as a game, it was more fun, more realistic, the paintshop was something i really liked as well.

what i didnt like was that the sound for some cars was completely wrong, the audi R8 and porsche 962 sounded nothing like they did in reality, and the worst thing, that really ticked me off was that you could not paint your own racing car.

i got a friend on xbox live to use his hacks to make me the oreca audi R8, and the 2004 veloqx audi R8.
Old 24 Jan 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1824947)   #16
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, Forza2 is shaping up to be next-gen in the graphics department only. Just this week in the forums on the official site, some of the dev team dropped a couple of bombs:

1) only 8 players online
2) less tracks included than the original (!)
3) this one has been known for a long time - no in car view

All 3 are blamed on the graphics improvements. I loved the original Forza, and thought the graphics were quite good for its time... I am gutted that they didn't upgrade some of the gameplay features in favor of 'next gen' graphics for FM2. To top it all off, the game will probably have more graphical detail but look all plasticy and fake like PGR3... gag me.

Anyway, my hope for FM2 living up to my expectations of it have gone out the window. Unfortunately, the only game that I was as excited about is GTR for the 360... and we haven't had any news about that project for well over 6 months, so it is looking pretty dead!
Old 24 Jan 2007, 19:20 (Ref:1824995)   #17
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
released on 23rd of feb according to play.com
Old 25 Jan 2007, 15:50 (Ref:1825758)   #18
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
That may be, but I doubt it... we haven't seen any screen shots, seen any video, or heard any updates about the game being tested or going gold in over 6 months, so I very highly doubt we will see it on the shelves within a month...

Possible? Yes, but extremely unlikely. Especially with the (supposedly) rapid approach of Forza2... if GTR were imminent, it would behoove the developers/publishers to let their customers know about it!
Old 25 Jan 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1825767)   #19
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
It would probably be a good idea, if they want to sell some games. GTR2 got Gamespot's or Gamespy's (can't remeber which) award for "best game that no one played"
Old 25 Jan 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1826020)   #20
minifox
Racer

England
milton keynes
minifox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone remember total emursion racing with the bentleys and stuff in it?
Old 25 Jan 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1826041)   #21
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I have Total Immersion Racing. From what I understand, the game company pushed it out faster than the original creators wanted, so the are some significant omissions in the cars and tracks department.

From the look of things, they were trying to make a comprehensive Sportscar and GT game. The GTS cars are old GT1s (McLaren F1s, Panoz GTR1s, etc), and the GT cars cover a fairly wide range. I assume the Noble and Quaife are both British GTs, while the Audi TT-R is a DTM car, and then there's a GT Class BMW M3 GTR.
Old 25 Jan 2007, 23:59 (Ref:1826104)   #22
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
there is actually loads of vids and screen shots about, even according to simbin this will be out in feb, at least in the uk anyway.

some trailers and screen shots here.....
http://www.thq-games.com/uk/game/show/711?platform=5
Old 26 Jan 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1826492)   #23
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by minifox
I used to have that game too. It had a pretty good range of cars but it just wasnt a particularly good racing game. the handling was quite poor and it had too many made up tracks for my liking.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1826558)   #24
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
there is actually loads of vids and screen shots about, even according to simbin this will be out in feb, at least in the uk anyway.

some trailers and screen shots here.....
http://www.thq-games.com/uk/game/show/711?platform=5
The latest updates (screen shots / videos / etc) on the THQ or XBox Live site are from last August... I have yet to see a single SimBin or THQ press release or anything of the sort that has confirmed any sort of release schedule. The site itself says "coming soon". Like I posted above, if the release really was only a month away, there would surely be more noise about it than we have seen from official/confirmed sources.

Anyway, would love to see it released in Feb or even March... not trying to be a downer at all! Do I think it will actually happen? Very unlikely, given the lack of any official news in the past 5 months.
Old 26 Jan 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1826637)   #25
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minifox
I have TIR. Shame the physics make me think I am shouting at the driver what to do not driving, the music sucked, the fake tracks were crap, and the track models looked crap. Also, the career mode is silly and it had no time based races, which is the point. And no daylight scaling AFAIK.