Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Jul 2007, 05:43 (Ref:1975126)   #91
DCS
Racer

DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Well I have seen some Group B cars today as the Slowly Sideways boys where out at the Bradford Classic Kickstart Superstage. I have uploaded some photo's and they can be found here
Great pics! Where they a bit quick as well? I've been to Ford Fair and I remember this 500 bhp RS200 and it was quick but not as quick as Schanche's mental RS200 was... I think most of that came down to the weight difference and brutal launch differences... Still nice to see some!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 08:49 (Ref:1975188)   #92
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It depended really on what you mean by quick, all the Group B cars were insanely fast, and extremely powerful!

And they were all differnet specs too, Schanche troed many different levels of tune before he settled on a basically 2 litre unit, the BDT E, was a difficult engine tog et right, I think Martin even when as high as a 2.3 one time but it was too powerful.

Ford always saib the 1.8 was the best engine and many drivers used that motor. But the E was much more powerful, I think Pat was getting nearly 800 bhp towards the end with his motor!!

Problem always was handliing at the limit withe RS compared to teh 205 and the Metro in some cases. As it was in rallying the 205 was really a class above everything but there just werent that many available.

MArtin only really got his car sorted towards the end of Alamakis reign and then when Gollop was his main chellenger Martin had the uppoer hnad most of the time, but Gollop I think did a supreme job with the unbalanced Metro in N/A and turbo form.

Lancia was never quick enough really, the S4 was always uselss on tarmac in the WRC and the rallycross version just couldnt get sorted, albeit not many people tried!!