Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2001, 22:53 (Ref:143833)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Paul!!!

Paul O'Neil has managed to put himself at the front of the grid in second for tomorrow. Excellent news, Paul! Now give us a top step podium finish for tomorrow! No pressure
Old 9 Sep 2001, 20:07 (Ref:144123)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For those for you who haven't seen the results. The engine mapping was completely wrong which meant limited revs and an early bath in the Sprint. Actual the team were able to fix the problem and he came out for a few more laps towards the end of the race just to check things.

In the Feature Paul ran a strong second behind Boardman for most of the race, dropped back to 4th when he was evenually caught and passed by Kaye and Harrison, but was able to snatch 3rd when Boardman retired on the last lap. Big at TBR, bigger at Tech-speed. To top it all big sis (Mel C) was doing the podium presentation, always good to keep the sponsor happy.

Well done again Paul, and a nice touch to dedicate the podium to Tom, who realy should have been on the top step himself.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 20:14 (Ref:144133)   #3
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly was a day for let downs. My congrats to Paul for another Silverstone podium finish and my commiserations to Tom, but as I said to him. He's proved he can do it. Both guys were storming it out on the track today and it was nice to see them up there at the front.

Last edited by Lorna; 9 Sep 2001 at 20:17.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 20:38 (Ref:144146)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
very well done paul! cracking drive all weekend, and a nice reward. big to the whole team

big to tom, but lorna hit it on the dot. once you've shown you can do it, that's the hardest bit done with.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 22:04 (Ref:144183)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Such a shame for Tom in the feature, especially after he'd been running so well, but at least he did get a podium in the sprint.
Congrats to Paul for the feature, I think that resulted in me taking far too many pics of the podium!!!
Old 9 Sep 2001, 22:38 (Ref:144200)   #6
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a class act boardman was in the feature.he was leading and pulling away from the rest of the field aswell.what actually happened to him though?all i saw was a race win on the cards(and a happy me),and then a pink pug with a smashed up front end.big major pants 4 tom but he will be there again soon.(at the front that is..!)

oh.and well done paul.did he clash with kaye or just make a mistake?he was running very strongly in second until something happened.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 13:37 (Ref:144395)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul was a star this weekend.

A real shame for Tom Boardman though - he thoroughly deserved to win after a brilliant performance.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 17:22 (Ref:144480)   #8
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorna
Both guys were storming it out on the track today and it was nice to see them up there at the front.
Woohoo - its was great to see Tom out in front - and with such a conviencing lead too, just a pity the car let go.

And Paul - you are such a sweetie to dedicate your 3rd to Tom - not many people would have done that.

Keep up the hard work both of you ... well worth all the screaming and fingers crossed!!

Last edited by WoodyTJ; 10 Sep 2001 at 17:22.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 17:28 (Ref:144486)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well done to Paul indeed - excellent performance!!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 18:03 (Ref:144512)   #10
Paul O'Neill
Rookie

Paul O'Neill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

Sorry Ive been away my modem had give up the ghost and I couldnt find the time to get one.

Thanks for all the comments It really was a great weekend to start on the front row really got me a lump in my throat! The trouble in the sprint race was a real blow but the feature race more than made up for it, but as u know I felt a bit for tom as I thought my chances of a podium were dead and buried as my engine cut out at the hairpin.

So all in all a great weekend. See you at Donington!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 18:08 (Ref:144519)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Good to have you back Paul! And I can't believe it was Donington the last time we came and saw you after the race!! We did come along yesterday but we couldn't find you... hopefully we'll catch up at the next round in two weeks
Old 10 Sep 2001, 19:33 (Ref:144566)   #12
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Paul,
keep checking you email box as I will be sending you a photo later once I have scanned it, I think you will like it.

Kelvin