Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Dec 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3787883)   #276
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's not a programme I've watched for a few years and I can't remember when I did watch it last, who won. Mo Farah won with 83,524 votes. Jonathan Rea got 80,567, third place Jonnie Peacock got 73,429 votes. I take it that those are the public's votes?
Yep and apparently Farah got one third of the votes that Andy Murray received last year.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3787884)   #277
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well done to Mo for winning it. Johnny Rea shows some people have been taking notice of WSBK. Lewis is allowed to wear what he wants, so a fuss over nothing
Old 18 Dec 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3787891)   #278
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Yes - It would have been a travesty if Mo Farah did not win IMO.

As for Hamilton - I can hardly remember a single interview after a race win when he has not praised his team. Perhaps those on here slating him missed those dozens and dozens of interviews over the last few years?
Agreed, he has been much more team focused this year and actually I think he has enjoyed the fight with Vettel rather than it being an internal contest that he has had with NR.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3787921)   #279
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
It's interesting that LH didn't get in the top 3. F1 drivers used to always win when they were champ. I guess he polarises opinion.

Fair play to Jonathan Rae, not often bikers get nominated let alone recognised, on line campaign or not.
And F1 is rubbish and irrelevant now for even the diehard fans. See other threads.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3787924)   #280
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
And F1 is rubbish and irrelevant now for even the diehard fans. See other threads.
To be fair, I know you're taking the **** but you've also made a good point. F1 viewing figures dropped 5 million from 2016-2017. That's a lot of people that could've voted.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3787928)   #281
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was meant as a joke with a serious note. You’re right the lack of free to air and overall drop can’t help.

Back to being silly. If you want to be really anti Hamilton I suppose you could argue that it’s party Hamilton’s vault. If people liked him more. Although if you are F1guy you might argue it is Massa’s fault. Quite why it isn’t super popular with Max and Daniel in it I don’t know
Old 18 Dec 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3787930)   #282
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Personally I think he would've won had he started drinking alcohol from footwear.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3787931)   #283
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
It's interesting that LH didn't get in the top 3. F1 drivers used to always win when they were champ. I guess he polarises opinion.

Fair play to Jonathan Rae, not often bikers get nominated let alone recognised, on line campaign or not.
Lewis won it in 2014 and was runner up in 2007 and 2008. Otherwise prior to that Damon Hill was the last F1 driver to win it back in 1996, having previously won it in 1994.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3787936)   #284
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Personally I think he would've won had he started drinking alcohol from footwear.
Designer tartan footwear.
Old 18 Dec 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3787937)   #285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Lewis won it in 2014 and was runner up in 2007 and 2008. Otherwise prior to that Damon Hill was the last F1 driver to win it back in 1996, having previously won it in 1994.
Yes, Lewis has done alright. That he hasn’t won it more is not a reflection on him or his achievements.
Old 19 Dec 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3788165)   #286
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, Lewis has done alright. That he hasn’t won it more is not a reflection on him or his achievements.
I don't think it's a reflection on Lewis but a reflection on the popularity F1.
Old 20 Dec 2017, 12:28 (Ref:3788312)   #287
Moneyseeker
Veteran

The overall interest in SPOTY was down this year, I wonder if it has had it's day and was probably more relevant when sports people weren't so widely awarded and recognised for their achievements?

Bit OT - sorry!
Old 20 Dec 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3788390)   #288
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watch it every year but find myself enjoying it less and less......
Old 20 Dec 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3788409)   #289
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The overall interest in SPOTY was down this year, I wonder if it has had it's day and was probably more relevant when sports people weren't so widely awarded and recognised for their achievements?

Bit OT - sorry!
You're probably right. It meant more when you didn't get to see the sports stars as much. Now we can follow everybody on Twitter, Twitch, Snapchat, Tumblr, Facebook and Google+ and get live update notifications sent directly to us 24/7. So it's kinda losing its appeal a little bit.

You could do the entire SPOTY now on a Twitter poll. The media market has changed that much.
Old 21 Dec 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3788440)   #290
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

Bit OT - sorry!
It was better when it wasn’t a vote. Why ask the public? It’s not actually important and I’d trust a bunch of people brought together think about it for a bit more.

Kind of has more weight. You can always disagree while watching it without any kittens dying.
Old 21 Dec 2017, 01:28 (Ref:3788441)   #291
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I watch it every year but find myself enjoying it less and less......
SPOTY or F1?

Old 21 Dec 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3788514)   #292
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
SPOTY or F1?

In my case F1 as I haven't watched SPOTY in years.
Old 21 Dec 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3788613)   #293
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Didn’t mention Mercedes once although did mention Ferrari and wasn’t wearing team kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Must be contract negotiations time.
Seems so.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/16537
Old 22 Dec 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3788670)   #294
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I fear Mr. Brown is long on promises and reassurances, but very short on delivery!

Be interesting to see what the contributions from the "partners" looks like against what would be required from a headline sponsor plus supporting sponsors.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3788679)   #295
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I fear Mr. Brown is long on promises and reassurances, but very short on delivery!

Be interesting to see what the contributions from the "partners" looks like against what would be required from a headline sponsor plus supporting sponsors.
Wrong thread perhaps?
Old 22 Dec 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3788680)   #296
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Wrong thread perhaps?
So it would seem.

Don't know how that happened.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3788731)   #297
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was code.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3788739)   #298
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I thought it was code.
Like Multi 21.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3788740)   #299
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I thought it was the best post in this thread by far.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3788849)   #300
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought it was the best post in this thread by far.
I second that.......