Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2783421)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reliving great moments in Formula 1 history with Jonathan Legard!

Japan 2006:

Brundle: Is that a problem with one the Ferraris near Denger?

Legard: And one of the Ferraris now is in trouble is it Martin?! This is absolutely crucial if it's Schumacher in the championship!

MB: This is wretched luck for Schumach-

Legard: What an unbelievable turn for Schumacher! This is pivotal for Alonso now as he leads from Massa and this is Schumacher with an engine problem!

EXTRAORDINARY! Ted Kravitz in the pits?

Kravitz: Well guys, I'm here in the Ferrari garage, and it is total silence all round, uh, from the events unfolding.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Nov 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2783439)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Canada '91

JL: Mansell, about to celebrate victory in Montreal.
MB: It looks like he's slow...
JL: Sorry to interrupt Martin, but it looks as if Mansell might be slowing down.
MB: Yes, he's defini...
JL: He is slowing down! Does he have a problem Martin?
MB: He seems to have lost all dri...
JL: He has a problem. What does this mean for the championship?
JL: Gah! Martin! Get off me! Martin seems to have a problem. Battle joined here on the floor of the commentary box. What say you Ted?
Old 1 Nov 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2783471)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd almost forgotten I'd written this...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=341
Old 1 Nov 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2783547)   #4
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuka '90

JL: And we're....UNDERWAY! Senna is away....Prost is away. Ferrari from Mclaren. Senna is this the move? Is this contact here yes OOOOFF extraordinary it seems! Real problems there. This is crucial! Just like 24 months ago.

MB: I wonder if Senna did that deliber-

JL: Well you raced with him in Formula 3 Martin would he have done that on purpose?

MB: Well at Oulton Park he -

JL: Yes, this is the replay, round the first corner and WOOOF. Well. Gravel everywhere. Ted, what news on the gravel that is everywhere?

Edit: Making him sound like Lord Flasheart was unintentional. WOOF.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2783608)   #5
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Canada '91

JL: Mansell, about to celebrate victory in Montreal.
MB: It looks like he's slow...
JL: Sorry to interrupt Martin, but it looks as if Mansell might be slowing down.
MB: Yes, he's defini...
JL: He is slowing down! Does he have a problem Martin?
MB: He seems to have lost all dri...
JL: He has a problem. What does this mean for the championship?
JL: Gah! Martin! Get off me! Martin seems to have a problem. Battle joined here on the floor of the commentary box. What say you Ted?
I haven't stopped laughing at this yet!
Old 1 Nov 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2783751)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Adelaide 1986

MB : Well it looks like Prost is going for tyres. I think that it is a wise move.

JL : That might well have cost him the championship, Martin. The pitstop has dropped him down. It looks like an easy win for Mansell.

MB : No I think tyre wear is high around this type of circuit.

JL : Why are there sparks coming out of Mansell's car? Oh look! Mansell's tyre has gone. Look's light you were right, Martin.

MB : Yeah tyre wear is high around -

JL : Over to Ted Kravitz in the pits.

TK : Looks like Mansell's tyre has blown. Williams are going to pit Piquet for safety reasons.
Old 1 Nov 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2783820)   #7
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone 1987:

Legard: Mansell, on a charge, down the Hangar Straight. This could be crucial.

Brundle: And Mansell sells Piquet the dum...

Legard: Mansell taking a look to the outside, that's not what he wants to do

Brundle: And Mansell dives down the inside of Pique...

Legard: Ohhhhhhhhh no! That's not what he wants there. Ted, what news?

Ted: I'm in the McLaren garage.

Legard: Extraordinary.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 05:30 (Ref:2783866)   #8
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad I have Speed instead. I didn't know who he was until I read this thread and did a web search. Found a youtube video with a parody of his commentary style. Thanks for posting these "great moments". ROFLMAO!
Old 2 Nov 2010, 06:08 (Ref:2783870)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'd almost forgotten I'd written this...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=341
Sorry Greem, I meant to give you credit as the inspiration for this thread!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Nov 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2783914)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
HAHA Guys, these are brilliant...

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2783919)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Murray Walker: "Well unless i'm very much mistaken thats ...."

Legard: "Martin! Is it possible that Murrays very much mistaken?"

M.B. "Well on this occasion, yes I think that Murray is very much....."

Legard: "Extraordinary! Ted! Over to you..."
Old 2 Nov 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2783942)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
This thread can only be described as extraordinary.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 2 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2783953)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The US Grand Prix 2005

JL: And here comes Michael Schumacher. Leading the pack. Approaching the banking where his brother Ralf crashed so alarmingly last year and, what's this? Trulli has pulled into the pits. Does he have a problem?
MB: I think...
JL: Raikkonen's in too. Does he have a problem?
MB: Well...
JL: Now Button. Do you think he has a problem?
MB: It seems....
JL: Fisichella in! He must have a problem. Extraordinary.
MB: I think what we're seeing here...
JL: Alonso, Sato, Webber. All seemingly have problems.
MB: This looks like being controvers...
JL: Massa, Montoya, Villeneuve, Zonta, Klien...
MB: Everyone but the Ferraris, the Jor....
JL: Heidfeld, Coulthard. Extraordinary!
MB: Only six cars le....
JL: It looks as if only six cars will start the race, Martin. What will this mean for the championship?
MB: *sobbing*
JL: Battle joined here in the USA.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2783958)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's always the JA approach to the same event:

JA: And left on the grid... ONE CAR, TWO CARS, THREEEEE CAAARS, FOUR CAAAAAARS, FIIIIIVE CAAAAAAARS, SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXX!

MB: [sigh]
Old 2 Nov 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2783987)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
But nevermind all this, what about Jenson Button?
Old 2 Nov 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2784005)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ HAHA

Can I just rephrase: *BuTTon (TT emphasis )

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2784006)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
But nevermind all this, what about Jenson Button?
He's got an extraordinary problem joining battle as he comes up the hill.
Old 2 Nov 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2784007)   #18
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Over the hill, nip-and-tuck..!

Selby
Old 2 Nov 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2784023)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
F-Duct!!! F-Duct!!!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 2 Nov 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2784062)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Spa 1998

Schumacher's kicking on. Past La Source. Up the hill.
What about this man though?
David Coulthard.
What can he do?
Running almost a lap down. NOT good enough. It's going from bad to worse.
Coming up to POUhon. DOWN the hill.
Schumacher coming up to lap him. WOOF.
Straight into the back of Coulthard. That's not what he would have wanted.
Is he going to be able to continue though?
But never mind this. What about Formula Ford's Jenson Button?
Old 2 Nov 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2784089)   #21
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
lmfao

Selby
Old 3 Nov 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2784373)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
I had a dream last night in which I met Jonathan Legard and he was hurt by my comments in this thread. I had to explain, at length, that I have no problem with his commentary and that he should view these posts as an affectionate parody.

So there you go, I'm officially weird.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2784385)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
That is extraordinary.
Old 3 Nov 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2784399)   #24
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
image if Legard had shared a commentary box with James Hunt.

That would have been fun (for the fights alone).
Old 3 Nov 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2784404)   #25
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I had a dream last night in which I met Jonathan Legard and he was hurt by my comments in this thread. I had to explain, at length, that I have no problem with his commentary and that he should view these posts as an affectionate parody.

So there you go, I'm officially weird.
LOL

I almost do feel bad in a way because i've done commentary before and it's just so much harder then you'd ever believe.

If you're that weird, I dare you to try commentating (kind of) under your breath and seeing how far you get before repeating yourself... Pretty bloody hard.

Still, with some preparation and access to top information, plus a fat pay cheque, I rekon I could do a nifty job...

Selby