Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1427748)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tyre problems for 888 of a diffrenet kind/Strangest V8 Supercar incident

Now that was weird. After Paul Dumbrell hitting a wall just outsied of the 2nd corner, where the front left tyre was ripped out, the tyre flew in the air for a few seconds and hit an Armco barrier springing the tyre and wheel back on the track, hitting Craig Lowndes/Yvan Muller's 888 Ford falcon on the front windscreen, causing the windscreen to shatter and cave in, luckly Lowndes was not hurt in the incident but the 888 boys will have a tough time to get the front and rear windscreen out. So, what is the stangest inicdent you have seen in the V8 Supercars?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1427750)   #2
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope they get it going and give Yvan a good run.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 02:04 (Ref:1427759)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yvan is in the car now , pretty windy so im sure heat exhaustion wont be a problem for those guys today
Old 9 Oct 2005, 03:45 (Ref:1427776)   #4
^temuchin^
Rookie

^temuchin^ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the biggest coincidence was the sun had just came out so CL had put his visor down. Could have got some bad eye damage otherwise
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1428055)   #5
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody unlucky, ranks right up their with Jum last year hitting the roo and Dick and the rock.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1428058)   #6
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes could have got glass in his eyes like the Rat at Adelaide otherwise. A shame the cameraman was focussing too tightly on Dumbrell too tightly and missed it, it would have been a spectacular sight. Note how Larry gave himself a plug for the Larry bar that stopped the tyre coming inside, and also I wonder if the rather cursory effort of CPR at pulling out the guard after the earlier scrape didn't contribute
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1428080)   #7
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seemed to me that the Perkins team didn't get the guard off the tyre completly that may have caused Dumbrell to crash the 2nd time.

But I loved Larry's backhanded comment about drivers having to keep the car on the track and not crash. I bet LP is making Dumbrell feel mighty bad about his 2nd crash in 2 years at Bathurst.

Hands up who wants to share with Paul next year? Not Richo I bet!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1428115)   #8
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eventually Dumbrell will realise that he is a goose and has no place in touring cars (and hopefully his son Paul will leave at the same time)
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1428125)   #9
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't it Larry who crashed the car a year or two ago? Also entering the pits with Ingal (while in the lead) a few years before.

Short memory that guy.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1428176)   #10
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris 1100
Eventually Dumbrell will realise that he is a goose and has no place in touring cars (and hopefully his son Paul will leave at the same time)
I dont get it...sorry
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:34 (Ref:1428228)   #11
v8man
Racer

v8man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
It seemed to me that the Perkins team didn't get the guard off the tyre completly that may have caused Dumbrell to crash the 2nd time.

But I loved Larry's backhanded comment about drivers having to keep the car on the track and not crash. I bet LP is making Dumbrell feel mighty bad about his 2nd crash in 2 years at Bathurst.

Hands up who wants to share with Paul next year? Not Richo I bet!
I can not see how you can blame Dumbrell for this one, the first time he hit the wall because he was punted off line, he came in to have his tyre changed and the guard pulled off the tyre and they did not realise that it had damaged the steering and Dumbrell only found out when the car would not turn in and he hit the wall hard causing the wheel to leave the car, what happened to the wheel after that was very unfortunate for CL and he was very lucky that he was not injured
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1428239)   #12
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonkey
I dont get it...sorry
Daddy Dumbrell [Mr Wynns] is the $$$$ behind all of Paul's (ad) Ventures.

From F Holden to NASCAR @ the AGP to V8 SC, there has only been one constant, the basic ability for Paul to crash, quite well usually........
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:42 (Ref:1429097)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8man
I can not see how you can blame Dumbrell for this one, the first time he hit the wall because he was punted off line, he came in to have his tyre changed and the guard pulled off the tyre and they did not realise that it had damaged the steering and Dumbrell only found out when the car would not turn in and he hit the wall hard causing the wheel to leave the car, what happened to the wheel after that was very unfortunate for CL and he was very lucky that he was not injured
I agree regarding Mr Dumbrell, the initial crash which pushed the guard onto the tyre seems to have caused something in the front end to break later in the race, which ultimately helped the #24 car hit the wall.

Had Mr Dumbrell had his own car, like in 2004, he would have been as quick as he was then... with plenty of running... playing #2 to Richo, letting Richo hog the car, and not getting many miles at all... especially in a chassis that was unfamiliar to him (they are all different after all)... was a recipe for a big mess...

... and so it happened.

Mr Dumbrell has the speed, and the talent, to do a very good job. Mr Perkins must think so too, having taken up the option on him for next year.

Crashes happen.... unfortunately... and I suspect there is nobody more disappointed in his accident tham Mr Dumbrell himself, fully understanding the impact on Richo's championship chase.

If the environment was right... this kid will be a star!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods