Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2003, 21:33 (Ref:812535)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Irish Drivers .....

What is it with Irish drivers ? There are a few quick guys out there but it seems they almost always get over looked when a quick drive is in the offing . I mean take a look at Kevin McGaritty and Johnny Kane for example , McGaritty hasnt driven since Sebring . Did he screw up his feet so badly , I did see that crash !!! Johnny Kane is good enough to be Audi UK reserve driver at LeMans this year and Tim Mullen looks like he is going to be shafted too , not to mention Richard Lyons !!!

Is that what they call "the luck of the Irish" !!!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 21:47 (Ref:812549)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with u to a extent, Kane and Mgarity are great drivers and should be in a top series - maybe they will be in the LMES next year. Now Mullen and Lyons, well I mean come on Tim Mullen is hardly a top driver nowadays is he, sure hes good but hes not exactly a top International. Richard Lyons is a good driver also, but only that, good. He finished 5th in this years Formula Nippon (Japaneese F3000) championship in his 3rd year I think of the series in quite a good team, could have done better, Nippon is competitve but its one thing being competitve in Nippon but then compare the level of drivers to that of Int F3000 - its a lot poorer, to be noticed in Nippon u really need to win the championship, like Ralf Schumacher and Ralph Firman have - and more recently Satoshi Motoyama the Nippon and Jap GT champion who has tested for Renault recently I think. Richard Lyons is a good driver but he needs to be better than good to get a seat in F1 with Jordan - being Irish isnt enough these days im afraid. Still if he wants to further his career he can always switch from JGTC and Nippon to say LMES or FIA GT - but the money is good in Japan...
Old 16 Dec 2003, 19:35 (Ref:813348)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , Tim Mullen was leading the FIA N-GT championship at the begining of the year which obviously means that he can peddle a car properly and it wasnt left up to his side kick !!! When it comes to LeMans all the other drivers got a drive except for him .
Any word on why McGaritty hasnt driven since Sebring , are his feet still in bad shape ?
Warren Carway is not that quick I suppose , I did hear that he has a lot of wedge though . I will go along with you about Richard Lyons though .
Old 16 Dec 2003, 23:14 (Ref:813587)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I amazed Johnny Kane hasn't got a drive, he's pretty good as i remember.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 07:40 (Ref:813730)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The last time I saw Kane race was at the final round of this BTCC, when he drove one of the Guest cars in the Porsche Cup.