Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7 Aug 2020, 12:31 (Ref:3993540)   #106
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mercedes-AMG GT3/HTP Winward Motorsport of Nico Bastian and Markus Sattler was the fastest in the FP1 session in Hungaroring. With a better time of 1.42.587, Nico Bastian overtook the Ferrari 488 GT3/AF Corse of Vincent Abril and Louis Prette by 0.118 s. Third time was made by the Mercedes/Getspeed Performance by Schiller/Max. Two McLaren 720S GT3 / Teo Martin Motorsport followed leaders in the standings with Chaves / Ramos and Khodair / Hahn.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 7 Aug 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3993541)   #107
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Down to 18 cars for the weekend, after Teo couldn't arrange a last minute partner for Christian Hahn. Expectation is that this car will join the second round
It seems that they could attract Fran Rueda, who is not busy. If you don't take into account the tests at the beginning of the summer. They could be a good example. Even if the chances of winning the championship would be small. This pair could bring heat.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 8 Aug 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3993773)   #108
tux
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Posts: 4,069
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year there were loads of Lamborghinis, this year just the one.
tux is offline  
Quote
Old 9 Aug 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3994210)   #109
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Last year there were loads of Lamborghinis, this year just the one.
Yup, but I hope to see more entries and Lamborghinis during forthcoming races.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Aug 2020, 20:20 (Ref:3995037)   #110
Bcarr6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,237
Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two additional AMGs for Paul Ricard

TBC on whether the 3rd Teo Martin car will run

AKM Motorsport - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Marco Antonelli / Lorenzo Ferrari
SPS Automotive - Mercedes AMG GT3 - Valentin Pierburg / Christian Hook
Bcarr6 is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Aug 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3996048)   #111
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stéphane Ortelli will be back at the wheel at the next International GT Open round next week-end at the Circuit Paul Ricard. He will sub Philippe Prette, who is taken by professional commitments, alongside Angelo Negro in the AF Corse APM Monaco Ferrari 488, entered in Pro-Am for this occasion.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Aug 2020, 09:02 (Ref:3996616)   #112
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional entry list for 2nd round revealed. It sees absence of entries by Getspeed (Schiller-Max), ARC Bratislava and 2 cars by polish Olimp Racing. Total number os cars - 15. It's terrifying.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Aug 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3996934)   #113
Bcarr6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,237
Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
Provisional entry list for 2nd round revealed. It sees absence of entries by Getspeed (Schiller-Max), ARC Bratislava and 2 cars by polish Olimp Racing. Total number os cars - 15. It's terrifying.
15 is nothing GT Open hasnt seen before. They had lower grid counts than that for almost the whole season just a few years ago. Not in any way suprising given the current situation
Bcarr6 is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Aug 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3997279)   #114
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- AF Corse #17 walks with a quiet tread to the Overall title. Abril is fast and knows the Ferrari 488 GT3 very well, while L. Prette continues to progress.
- Henrique Chaves and Miguel Ramos are their main rivals. Chaves had following Abril for a first half of the race. But his McLaren started to slide because of losing of mechanical grip (my supposition). Ramos should be more confident
- C. Hahn is good substitution for Allam Khodair
- Team Lazarus Bentley is still getting to know the new car and its features. In Hungary they studied the degradation of the tires because they did not have empirical data for Hungaroring (in the words of Yannick Mettler). On Friday, car # 26 experienced problems with the hydraulic steering system. In Saturday's race, they had an electronic traction control problem (#26) and overheating (#28). In theory, they can impose a championship fight on two obvious leaders.
- TF Sport is fast, when Charlie "Clint" Eastwood is behind the wheel… Salih looks like Am driver.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Aug 2020, 04:39 (Ref:3997539)   #115
Racing Harz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Posts: 1,354
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
- AF Corse #17 walks with a quiet tread to the Overall title. Abril is fast and knows the Ferrari 488 GT3 very well, while L. Prette continues to progress.
- Henrique Chaves and Miguel Ramos are their main rivals. Chaves had following Abril for a first half of the race. But his McLaren started to slide because of losing of mechanical grip (my supposition). Ramos should be more confident
- C. Hahn is good substitution for Allam Khodair
- Team Lazarus Bentley is still getting to know the new car and its features. In Hungary they studied the degradation of the tires because they did not have empirical data for Hungaroring (in the words of Yannick Mettler). On Friday, car # 26 experienced problems with the hydraulic steering system. In Saturday's race, they had an electronic traction control problem (#26) and overheating (#28). In theory, they can impose a championship fight on two obvious leaders.
- TF Sport is fast, when Charlie "Clint" Eastwood is behind the wheel… Salih looks like Am driver.

1. Vincent Abril never driven the Ferrari before the Season...
2. Salih Yoluc IS an Am-Driver...
Racing Harz is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Aug 2020, 05:43 (Ref:3997543)   #116
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
1. Vincent Abril never driven the Ferrari before the Season...
2. Salih Yoluc IS an Am-Driver...
I know he hasn't driven a Ferrari before. That's why I'm surprised.
Their car is ranked as Pro. This means that both drivers are Pro. Otherwise, it should be Pro-Am.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Aug 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3997548)   #117
Racing Harz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Posts: 1,354
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
Their car is ranked as Pro. This means that both drivers are Pro. Otherwise, it should be Pro-Am.
Than is at a failure from the series... he is a bronze-driver
Racing Harz is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Aug 2020, 07:02 (Ref:3997549)   #118
Wilter Will
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Posts: 26
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Than is at a failure from the series... he is a bronze-driver

It's strange, because TF Sport announced Eastwood and Yoluc as Pro-ranked crew on their website. It was rewritten by GT Open. But he is bronze driver on FIA WEC website.
Wilter Will is offline  
Quote
Old 24 Aug 2020, 08:32 (Ref:3997563)   #119
Bcarr6
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,237
Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilter Will View Post
It's strange, because TF Sport announced Eastwood and Yoluc as Pro-ranked crew on their website. It was rewritten by GT Open. But he is bronze driver on FIA WEC website.

GT Open don’t entirely rank entries on driver ratings.

Ramos is also a paying Am driver but a very quick one.

I think no one would be surprised at Abril’s speed if you’ve watched any GT races in the past 4-5 years
Bcarr6 is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 NASCAR Cup Series NaBUru38 NASCAR & Stock Car Racing 166 24 Dec 2019 20:04
[WTCC] FIA WTCR 2019 News & Rumours Racing Harz WTCC & European Touring Car Series 447 20 Dec 2019 13:08
GT Cup 2019 Willmaz223 Sportscar & GT Racing 47 24 Oct 2019 19:32
Wearing an open face helmet in an open racecar FastDB2s Racers Forum 51 15 Aug 2013 20:41
Open Saloon and Open Sports Car Series 2005 diz National & Club Racing 4 11 Oct 2004 16:24


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.