Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Sep 2020, 08:40 (Ref:4000881)   #181
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
There's a slight problem in that these are road bridges with narrow, barriered pedestrian walkways so would need to be made one way only each side and manned to enforce this. The other main crossing point is the tunnel at Copse which has the same problem in being narrow and enclosed.
One over the hanger straight isn't and of there's pavements each side of the road (i can't remember) just make it one way.

In regard to expense, they're going to need to do it if they want spectators next season so may as well get ahead of the curve.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:05 (Ref:4002927)   #182
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...hampionship-2/
That answers that.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 07:51 (Ref:4002941)   #183
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If only Stuart Pringle hadn't been on the TV yesterday bemoaning the lack of income ...
Yes, I do know it is not as simple as that - but show willing chaps - you are the self appointed "Home of British Motor Racing" ! Tongue only slightly in cheek there...

However, having sampled the other tracks in the UK fairly extensively over the last couple of months - well, their charms might just endure into 2021.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:08 (Ref:4002971)   #184
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is Snett at the start of October goong to be open to public or not? I have tickets but havent even looked what they are doing
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4002972)   #185
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
So is Snett at the start of October goong to be open to public or not? I have tickets but havent even looked what they are doing
MSV events (this Snetterton) are open to attend with restrictions on total numbers attending - all covered on their website.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4002982)   #186
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
MSV events (this Snetterton) are open to attend with restrictions on total numbers attending - all covered on their website.
Good good, yes had been through there terms when booking tickets, just wasnt sure if new govt conditions had changed anything.

Looking forward to finally getting to a bit of racing this year
Old 17 Sep 2020, 13:55 (Ref:4003091)   #187
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
If only Stuart Pringle hadn't been on the TV yesterday bemoaning the lack of income ...
Yes, I do know it is not as simple as that - but show willing chaps - you are the self appointed "Home of British Motor Racing" ! Tongue only slightly in cheek there...

However, having sampled the other tracks in the UK fairly extensively over the last couple of months - well, their charms might just endure into 2021.
British GT now tweeting that decision not yet made (will be early October). Silverstone website updated.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:42 (Ref:4003106)   #188
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Good good, yes had been through there terms when booking tickets, just wasnt sure if new govt conditions had changed anything.

Looking forward to finally getting to a bit of racing this year
I've just been double checking this myself, with Donington this weekend in mind, and the only change appears to be in line with the latest rules, ie no more than 6 people in one attending group.

The circuit commentator at last week's GT Cup meeting was suggesting that face coverings would be required at all times, including outdoors, but I haven't seen that in any of the updated information from MSV.
Old 17 Sep 2020, 14:44 (Ref:4003107)   #189
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I wouldn’t get you hopes up too much, especially with the latest government offering. Just have to wait for an announcement. I wouldn’t be surprised if spectators are still not allowed
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:05 (Ref:4003120)   #190
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest Motorsport UK guidelines for marshals and teams etc. State that face coverings are required at all times in all areas for all participants it may include spectators but doesn't specifically mention them

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4003121)   #191
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
That’s good to know, at least they should be kept safe. We’ll see what remaining UK events go ahead and which ones get canned
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:10 (Ref:4003125)   #192
Anyopenroad
Veteran

European Union
London
Anyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnyopenroad should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MSV say no change other than the obvious requirement not to attend in or form groups of more than six:

https://news.msv.com/new-rule-of-six...ce-events.aspx
Old 17 Sep 2020, 15:38 (Ref:4003147)   #193
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
British GT now tweeting that decision not yet made (will be early October). Silverstone website updated.
Yep I was well pleased when earlier today they said they have not made up their mind and it was an error on the website, this after I cancelled my hotel booking.
I mean who is in charge up there? It's almost a joke.
Old 18 Sep 2020, 00:02 (Ref:4003316)   #194
S griffin
Veteran

I hate it when one thing is said, then you find out what was said is not the case. No wonder people are confused. Just stick to one decision