Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Dec 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3787282)   #766
mark_l
Veteran
 
mark_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
England
Staffordshire
Posts: 1,242
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am probably being a little thick but with Team Hard/Brisky Racing going to 4 cars (an extra TBL needed for 2018), and Team BMR possibly splitting their 4 Subaru's between BMR and 888 (assuming the MG's are not being run in 2018).

I am presuming that the extra Team Hard TBL has been acquired from 888, and that Team BMR/888 is going to be a 4 car team as opposed to 6 in 2017, then there must be a spare TBL somewhere.

TOCA have announced a full 32 car grid so could a current team be expanding by 1 car, or if a single car team drops out of the championship, then will a new 2 car team arrive for 2018.
mark_l is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3787293)   #767
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 2,676
crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I am probably being a little thick but with Team Hard/Brisky Racing going to 4 cars (an extra TBL needed for 2018), and Team BMR possibly splitting their 4 Subaru's between BMR and 888 (assuming the MG's are not being run in 2018).

I am presuming that the extra Team Hard TBL has been acquired from 888, and that Team BMR/888 is going to be a 4 car team as opposed to 6 in 2017, then there must be a spare TBL somewhere.

TOCA have announced a full 32 car grid so could a current team be expanding by 1 car, or if a single car team drops out of the championship, then will a new 2 car team arrive for 2018.
I'm not sure it's confirmed that the MGs won't be on the grid - so BMR might have a 3/2 split. If a team was to expand, then any one of TD, Speedworks or PMR could be likely.

TD are regulars in putting 3 cars out, they might see it as a better chance to challenge for honours with the new Type-R if it is a 3-car entry?
crmalcolm is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3787300)   #768
luckn002
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
England
South England
Posts: 625
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
TOCA have announced a full 32 car grid so could a current team be expanding by 1 car, or if a single car team drops out of the championship, then will a new 2 car team arrive for 2018.
Parker seems to be the most likely team to leave - either that or changing cars. Motorbase's 3rd TBL is under licence from WM, so, if they return as planned (now looking unlikely) I guess Motorbase will go back to two cars.

Other than 888 and maybe Ciceley, I think I've heard most teams mention on social media that they plan to return next year, so there's probably not going to be a lot of free space for expansion
luckn002 is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3787303)   #769
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 2,676
crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Other than 888 and maybe Ciceley, I think I've heard most teams mention on social media that they plan to return next year, so there's probably not going to be a lot of free space for expansion
Ciceley's main focus right now is the Dubai 24hr. Once that is over, expect BTCC news to appear.

If you visit Adam Morgan's website though, the MacTools redirect gives their next event as Brands BTCC 2018.

http://www.mactoolsracing.com/btcc/2018/drivers/
crmalcolm is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3787337)   #770
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,789
S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
So that pretty much says Morgan will be back, which is good
S griffin is online now  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3787339)   #771
mark_l
Veteran
 
mark_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
England
Staffordshire
Posts: 1,242
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not sure it's confirmed that the MGs won't be on the grid - so BMR might have a 3/2 split. If a team was to expand, then any one of TD, Speedworks or PMR could be likely.

TD are regulars in putting 3 cars out, they might see it as a better chance to challenge for honours with the new Type-R if it is a 3-car entry?
Do MG have enough non-written off chassis to fulfil their TBL's?
mark_l is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 02:09 (Ref:3787372)   #772
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 2,676
crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Do MG have enough non-written off chassis to fulfil their TBL's?
Did any get written off since the last round of 2017? They fulfilled their TBL requirement that day.
crmalcolm is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 07:47 (Ref:3787420)   #773
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran
 
VIVA GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
England
Leicestershire
Posts: 3,318
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Parker seems to be the most likely team to leave - either that or changing cars. Motorbase's 3rd TBL is under licence from WM, so, if they return as planned (now looking unlikely) I guess Motorbase will go back to two cars.

Other than 888 and maybe Ciceley, I think I've heard most teams mention on social media that they plan to return next year, so there's probably not going to be a lot of free space for expansion
I think that the three car team thing goes with the Shredded Wheat sponsorship. (Can you eat three Shredded Wheat? type of thing).
VIVA GT is offline  
__________________
Incognito: An Italian phrase meaning Nice Gearchange!
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3787428)   #774
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 2,676
crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
TOCA have announced a full 32 car grid so could a current team be expanding by 1 car, or if a single car team drops out of the championship, then will a new 2 car team arrive for 2018.
The talk of TBLs led me to look at the regulations, which led to this publication on the official website when TBLs where first introduced:

'TOCA will retain two further TBLs in addition to the 30 allocated to teams. These may be loaned to a suitable entrant, but will not be sold or permanently transferred.

TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.'


The particular part that drew my attention was 'TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events.'

What chance TOCA may do this for the first time at the 60th anniversary race at Snetterton?
crmalcolm is offline  
__________________
"Wasn't fair! I brake for animals, Lewis doesn't"
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3787440)   #775
mark_l
Veteran
 
mark_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
England
Staffordshire
Posts: 1,242
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The talk of TBLs led me to look at the regulations, which led to this publication on the official website when TBLs where first introduced:

'TOCA will retain two further TBLs in addition to the 30 allocated to teams. These may be loaned to a suitable entrant, but will not be sold or permanently transferred.

TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.'


The particular part that drew my attention was 'TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events.'

What chance TOCA may do this for the first time at the 60th anniversary race at Snetterton?
Snetterton is only licensed for 33 cars (over 2000cc) on the 300 circuit, so you will probably only get 1 extra TBL at most.
mark_l is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3787444)   #776
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,789
S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Not a bad idea to have a couple of guest appearances to add to the status quo
S griffin is online now  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3787452)   #777
crmalcolm
Veteran
 
crmalcolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Italy
Posts: 2,676
crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!crmalcolm is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Snetterton is only licensed for 33 cars (over 2000cc) on the 300 circuit, so you will probably only get 1 extra TBL at most.
Isn't NGTC <2000cc?
crmalcolm is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3787453)   #778
redshoes
Veteran
 
redshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 7,460
redshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Snetterton is only licensed for 33 cars (over 2000cc) on the 300 circuit, so you will probably only get 1 extra TBL at most.
BTCC comes under 'Other Classes', so the limit for Snetterton is 46
redshoes is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Dec 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3787511)   #779
AdrianM
Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 277
AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think that the three car team thing goes with the Shredded Wheat sponsorship. (Can you eat three Shredded Wheat? type of thing).
Exactly. That's why Jordan left as there was no room for a Pirtek sponsored car.
AdrianM is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Dec 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3787632)   #780
Alfisti
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 627
Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlfisti should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Exactly. That's why Jordan left as there was no room for a Pirtek sponsored car.
I expect a full stomach of 3 Shredded Wheats on the grid. The question to my mind is who will be driving? Mr Jackson would seem a safe bet. Mr Depper? He has budget even if he isn't going to set the world on fire? Mr Davenport? I hope he is fit and strong enough for a return: He has potential. Ditto Mr Butcher.

I'm expecting CT confirmed at WSR at Autosport. But likely no news on Rob C by then... budget to put to bed!

24 days to go...
Alfisti is online now  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Silly Season (with POLL) GTRMagic Australasian Touring Cars. 2003 7 Jul 2018 02:55
[Rumours] 2018 F1 silly season. F1Guy Formula One 1136 20 Mar 2018 15:54
[BTCC] BTCC 2017 Rumours & Silly Season Ry44 WTCC & European Touring Car Series 2783 25 Apr 2017 11:28
More silly season rumours - Tarso Marques to make a comeback? Dixie Flatline Formula One 27 1 Dec 2005 11:41
More silly season rumours BJAY Australasian Touring Cars. 19 16 Oct 2001 13:47


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.