Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 May 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3079163)   #76
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
I presume the championship is awarded each year
I presume that once the Championship is awarded then that class has it until they give it up or cease to exist.

One of us is right and one is us is wrong. It could be me or it could be you??

It really depends on how they interpret the rule,
so until that is clarified the point of 'but they haven't got enough cars' is moot.

And the precident has been set anyway with quite a few other classes still running as sanctioned series even though thier numbers have dropped well below the 15 cars.

Last edited by DX20VT; 25 May 2012 at 11:46.
Old 25 May 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3079172)   #77
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I presume that once the Championship is awarded then that class has it until they give it up or cease to exist.

One of us is right and one is us is wrong. It could be me or it could be you??

It really depends on how they interpret the rule,
so until that is clarified the point of 'but they haven't got enough cars' is moot.

And the precident has been set anyway with quite a few other classes still running as sanctioned series even though thier numbers have dropped well below the 15 cars.
On reading the rule again:

For MotorSport NZ to consider status for a first or subsequent Championship the class must have been able to demonstrate the ability to have at least 15 vehicles contesting 75% of the previous seasons scheduled rounds of the series.

I think the reference to subsequent Championship when read in conjunction with the reference to the previous seasons scheduled rounds of the series indicates that it would mean that "subsequent" means subsequent to the previous seasons championship round. On that basis, the 15 vehicles test needs to be made each year in order to sustain championship status.
Old 25 May 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3079265)   #78
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post

I think this is a classic example of how the governing body compromises its core responsibilities because of its involement with the promotional body.

Just because its happened doesn't make it right
Old 26 May 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3079388)   #79
SP33D
Rookie

SP33D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny, the few "people" *****ing at each other on this forum. NZV8 this or V8ST that. Hiding at their computer behind a random alias. Would they own up to who they are after disgracing themselves through their comments? I think not.
Old 26 May 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3079390)   #80
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33D View Post
Funny, the few "people" *****ing at each other on this forum. NZV8 this or V8ST that. Hiding at their computer behind a random alias. Would they own up to who they are after disgracing themselves through their comments? I think not.
plenty on here know each other outside the forum.
seem geographical , though
Old 26 May 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3079401)   #81
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP33D View Post
Like your doing.

Pot needs its kettle back
Old 26 May 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3079419)   #82
SP33D
Rookie

SP33D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Like your doing.

Pot needs its kettle back
Jamie Roberts

Last edited by SP33D; 26 May 2012 at 10:16.
Old 26 May 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3079658)   #83
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
plenty on here know each other outside the forum.
seem geographical , though
You are not telling me or others members on this site anything new Smokey, I found this out very soon after joining the site. But I have to say these guys are not as arrogant or as sarcastic as they once were and they don't come acorss now, thinking that they are more important and more intelligent motorsport wise, than other members on this site.

Since they have had their arses kicked a few times, they have come to realise that the other members will not put up with their childish belavior and bad manners any longer. We will continue to curb their arrogance when and if required and they know it.
Old 26 May 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3079682)   #84
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
We will continue to curb their arrogance when and if required and they know it.
Interwebz gold
Old 27 May 2012, 21:02 (Ref:3080146)   #85
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
You are not telling me or others members on this site anything new Smokey, I found this out very soon after joining the site. But I have to say these guys are not as arrogant or as sarcastic as they once were and they don't come acorss now, thinking that they are more important and more intelligent motorsport wise, than other members on this site.

Since they have had their arses kicked a few times, they have come to realise that the other members will not put up with their childish belavior and bad manners any longer. We will continue to curb their arrogance when and if required and they know it.
Firstly I must congratulate you Mr Newey on your fine performance and your teams win at Monaco yesterday, a very worthy result no doubt!

And I am sure I speak on behalf of all those on Ten Tenths, that we are truly humbled by your presence here. We thank you for your many pearls of wisdom. We thank you for the leadership shown; your continuing reminders to all of us "soldiers" that we REALLY DO have a place we belong here, right at the bottom of the pecking order. We are truly not worthy.

Conrad Timms

Last edited by brown dog; 27 May 2012 at 21:21.
Old 27 May 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3080182)   #86
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
Firstly I must congratulate you Mr Newey on your fine performance and your teams win at Monaco yesterday, a very worthy result no doubt!

And I am sure I speak on behalf of all those on Ten Tenths, that we are truly humbled by your presence here. We thank you for your many pearls of wisdom. We thank you for the leadership shown; your continuing reminders to all of us "soldiers" that we REALLY DO have a place we belong here, right at the bottom of the pecking order. We are truly not worthy.

Conrad Timms
I am disappointed only one apple fell out of the tree, I was hoping there would be more, as it would identify the inner circle of mates for all to see, obviously some a smarter than others.
Old 28 May 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3080236)   #87
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
We the fans here don't seem to mind
well.. you could argue.. how many here are actually ST fans.. compared to.. how many here are actually involved with ST teams

the ten-tenths ST side is usually awfully quiet a day 2 out from a meeting
Old 28 May 2012, 01:18 (Ref:3080261)   #88
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My computer keyboard keeps missing "L's" for some reason, it was meant to say "Well the fans don't seem to mind" and was meaning myself and the other several thousand others who turned up and enjoyed the HD round that I went to. And no, I am not involved in any way, shape or form, just a "fanboy"
Old 28 May 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3080309)   #89
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
well.. you could argue.. how many here are actually ST fans.. compared to.. how many here are actually involved with ST teams

the ten-tenths ST side is usually awfully quiet a day 2 out from a meeting

I think that is largely because it is Game Over for NZV8s. Doubtless you will tell me I'm wrong when 34 people turn up to see Ross Cameron get smashed by Dwayne Carter. If you genuinely believe that is top line motorsport in this country, then you are not a fan of motorsport let alone any particular series - Period.
Old 28 May 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3080310)   #90
Club racer
Racer

Club racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I heard it on good authority today by the way that BNT will continue as the sponsor, but will not pay any money for the privelage. That's a sure thing to work commercially.

So Promax, here's a question for you - where are Motorsport Abortions going to come up with the million bucks for the TV they are promising? I am looking at my racing license right now thinking...hmm, let me guess......
Old 28 May 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3080323)   #91
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
then you are not a fan of motorsport let alone any particular series - Period.
gee someone must be wearing their big boy pants today

starting when i was about 6-7.. i used to ride my motorbike for 20-30 minutes to the back of the farm i grew up on.. just to watch the daybreaker rally. just me.. the only spectator.. and no one else for miles and miles and miles

i still remember as a kid watching in amazment as Blondie Chamberlain in a borrowed Commodore kick ass at what must've been the old BayPark.

before it was sold to grow grapes.. i was a regular at Thunder Park cheering on Chris Tynan and the likes. the meet when Les Winters came over.. still one of my favorites. hell if i look hard enough.. i'm sure i've still got all my old photos from the last Wellington Street race.

i grew up watching speedway and have spent far too much time over the past 20 plus years at non clay tracks. Club racer i wish you told me years ago that i wasn't a real "motorsport fan".. it would've saved me a bunch of money
Old 28 May 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3080457)   #92
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
gee someone must be wearing their big boy pants today

starting when i was about 6-7.. i used to ride my motorbike for 20-30 minutes to the back of the farm i grew up on.. just to watch the daybreaker rally. just me.. the only spectator.. and no one else for miles and miles and miles

i still remember as a kid watching in amazment as Blondie Chamberlain in a borrowed Commodore kick ass at what must've been the old BayPark.

before it was sold to grow grapes.. i was a regular at Thunder Park cheering on Chris Tynan and the likes. the meet when Les Winters came over.. still one of my favorites. hell if i look hard enough.. i'm sure i've still got all my old photos from the last Wellington Street race.

i grew up watching speedway and have spent far too much time over the past 20 plus years at non clay tracks. Club racer i wish you told me years ago that i wasn't a real "motorsport fan".. it would've saved me a bunch of money
Touched a nerve..??
Old 28 May 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3080478)   #93
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn, I miss thunderpark, best Tarmac in NZ.
Shame I am not a real Motorsport fan.
Old 28 May 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3080544)   #94
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So we seem to be back on the normal subject of discussing each other and slinging out insults. Any chance we could discuss the actual topic?
Old 28 May 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3080782)   #95
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Touched a nerve..??
not really

just amused i'm not considered a really motorport fan
Old 28 May 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3080784)   #96
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Damn, I miss thunderpark, best Tarmac in NZ.
Shame I am not a real Motorsport fan.
so what do we do now?

take up golf?
Old 28 May 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3080840)   #97
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Golf buggy racing!
Old 29 May 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3080880)   #98
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Club racer View Post
I think that is largely because it is Game Over for NZV8s. Doubtless you will tell me I'm wrong when 34 people turn up to see Ross Cameron get smashed by Dwayne Carter. If you genuinely believe that is top line motorsport in this country, then you are not a fan of motorsport let alone any particular series - Period.
Fabian Coulthard is still ahead of a 30% of the field in the Championship and he filled in for a single round at short notice.... so you can hardly suggest that V8ST is all wheat and no chaff...

But, certainly judging on what I've seen, if there was a choice of watching a field full of Dwayne Carters or a field full of Geoff Emerys.. I know I certainly wouldn't be lining up to see Emery in all his glory.
Old 29 May 2012, 01:00 (Ref:3080886)   #99
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniels Gaunts new Tasman Motorsport Falcon looks great.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...1000636&type=1
Old 29 May 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3080901)   #100
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks great but another top car without a sponsor. Hope he has one for the future rounds. Is Corkery's car all fixed and ready to go after Manfield