Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3787655)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
BRANDS HATCH HSCC

Call it 'The Superprix' or 'Legends of BH', it's the same annual HSCC meeting on the GP circuit, and very popular.....

Includes HGPCA race(s).
Old 16 Jun 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3830498)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Super Touring Car Race cancelled.

Not able to copy the text so hopefully this screenshot of the email received will be readable.....
Attached Thumbnails
EA2530EF-2C7B-4F9C-B330-2FEB8AA10CFA.png  
Old 17 Jun 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3831110)   #3
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No great surprise on that one, maybe this should be run as one off demo races as for what ever reasons a championship is not a viable idea.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3831674)   #4
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Mike Bell;3830498]Not able to copy the text so hopefully this screenshot of the email received will be readable.....[/QUOTEShame that the championship is struggling but no surprise.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3831734)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the no show at Thruxton it comes as no real surprise. The grid at Donington was pretty thin as well.

Last edited by justracing; 18 Jun 2018 at 19:53.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3831915)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Plea to anyone willing to demonstrate their cars at the meeting-

Good Afternoon

The Brands Hatch circuit, MSV, are very disappointed – as we are – that, owing to lack of entries, Super Tourers will not be racing at our Super Prix meeting on 30th June – 1st July.

However, they have now asked if anyone with a Super Tourer car would be prepared to attend and demonstrate their car during the lunch interval on Saturday or Sunday.

Please reply as soon as possible if you are able to bring your car and we will send passes and information later this week.

We really hope you will be able to attend – to put on a show for the spectators.

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Grahame White
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3832408)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...s-Hatch-SP.pdf
Entry list https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...-Superprix.pdf
Old 22 Jun 2018, 08:38 (Ref:3832453)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Very sad to see the supertouring field looking so thin. Its frankly the main reason why I go.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3832466)   #9
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decent entry at the moment with most classes well entered apart from Pre 80.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3832581)   #10
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Very sad to see the supertouring field looking so thin. Its frankly the main reason why I go.
Super tourers are not racing at all, see posts above.
In contrast to your comment, i'm not displeased in the slightest. The previous outings for this series has always been pretty poor both in terms of entries and on track. The other HSCC series hold far more interest for me but everyone to their own.
Old 26 Jun 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3833166)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Super tourers are not racing at all, see posts above.
In contrast to your comment, i'm not displeased in the slightest. The previous outings for this series has always been pretty poor both in terms of entries and on track. The other HSCC series hold far more interest for me but everyone to their own.
I'm in the "It's one of the main reasons to go" group - the Super Tourers are some of my favourite cars. I've never really had much luck seeing them though - last time they I went to watch them they had a multi car accident on lap 1 and it was red flagged and then bumped due to timetable constraints.

Saves me a trip to Brands I guess - off to Headcorn instead for the airshow I think
Old 26 Jun 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3833208)   #12
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
With grids of gorgeous 70's 2 litre sportscars, F5000's, iconic historic tourers and a rammed FF1600 entry, I'll be there all weekend. Everyone to their own I guess.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3833634)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The meeting includes Formula Atlantic cars in the Derek Bell Trophy for the first time, and our own delta will be on the grid in his March. So some added interest for some........
Old 29 Jun 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3833663)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Yes thanks for that, I did notice Iain's entry in the DB trophy. I'll seek him out tomorrow, probably lurking under the bonnet of something or other.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3833682)   #15
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The meeting includes Formula Atlantic cars in the Derek Bell Trophy for the first time, and our own delta will be on the grid in his March. So some added interest for some........
Umm, no, Formula Atlantics have always been welcomed in the HSCCs Derek Bell Trophy races. Pretty sure a fair number of races and indeed championships have been won by them too.
Old 29 Jun 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3833684)   #16
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Very nice Crossle 18F next door!
Old 29 Jun 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3833693)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Umm, no, Formula Atlantics have always been welcomed in the HSCCs Derek Bell Trophy races. Pretty sure a fair number of races and indeed championships have been won by them too.

I seem to recall at least one especially quick one not so long ago.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 05:10 (Ref:3833713)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
I stand corrected! To be more precise, copied from HSCC PR...... "The Historic Sports Car Club is planning a revival of the Formula Atlantic category with a dedicated class for the cars in the Derek Bell Trophy races at the Legends of Brands Hatch Super Prix (June 30/July 1)."

Old 30 Jun 2018, 08:50 (Ref:3833727)   #19
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I seem to recall at least one especially quick one not so long ago.
That's my baby, last out in 2016. Will be there shortly, call by if you are passing.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3833818)   #20
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Wall to wall sunshine at the best circuit in the UK with some beautifully prepared race cars spanning 30 years from Formula Fords to F5000, today was a no brainer.
Some strong grids and some weak but overall a super day and a solid drive from Iain ably supported by skilled ten tenths crew in the DB trophy at the wheel of a Formula Atlantic in a pretty strong and mixed field, great overtake on the penultimate lap to move up the field after doing extremely well to stay out of trouble in a frenetic first lap battle. That fast moving lead bunch carving through to pass you on the last lap must have been pretty scary, top marks for use of mirrors and awareness, impressive stuff in your first Atlantic race. Back tomorrow for a second helping plus some tin top action and good luck Iain for the next one

Last edited by justracing; 30 Jun 2018 at 20:15.
Old 30 Jun 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3833830)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you very kind words . I have lots to think about when I get home . Wish I had been racing Atlantic when I was 25 and not st 65 . The corners come up very quick .,. 😀
Old 30 Jun 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3833835)   #22
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thank you very kind words . I have lots to think about when I get home . Wish I had been racing Atlantic when I was 25 and not st 65 . The corners come up very quick .,. 😀

Just close your eyes Iain - less concern then. I'm sure you can drive most of the circuits by feel anyway!
Old 1 Jul 2018, 05:13 (Ref:3833860)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Up early to do another gear ratio change . 😀
Old 1 Jul 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3833873)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thank you very kind words . I have lots to think about when I get home . Wish I had been racing Atlantic when I was 25 and not st 65 . The corners come up very quick .,. ��
I did wonder about the speed differential from FJunior, take care. i'm astonished at the speed of John Burton in that beautiful B26 in the pre 80's endurance. I think he's 76.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3834410)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Eamon, we have your battery . ???