Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Apr 2024, 13:18 (Ref:4204766)   #2851
cxx666
Rookie

United Kingdom
Edinburgh
cxx666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's like Team B&Q all over again
I was wondering who an earlier reference to a team from the early 2000s being similar to Hard was.
Thanking ye
Old 12 Apr 2024, 14:50 (Ref:4204778)   #2852
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I remember reading last year that Porsche were considering introducing ABS and other driver aids for Am drivers - I wonder if they actually did?
The answer is YES. From Porsche's Press Department "All Am category drivers will – for the first time – benefit from an adjustable ABS system, providing increased confidence under braking for those who wish to use it."
Old 12 Apr 2024, 18:03 (Ref:4204789)   #2853
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streethawk View Post
Wtf have you been smoking!
They'll be lucky to get one car on the grid.
They won't be at Tuesday's final preseason test.

...so strong on consistency at least.
Old 12 Apr 2024, 18:33 (Ref:4204791)   #2854
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They won't be at Tuesday's final preseason test.

...so strong on consistency at least.
Really? We knew things were bad but I was expecting one car there.
Old 12 Apr 2024, 19:00 (Ref:4204792)   #2855
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Really? We knew things were bad but I was expecting one car there.
You cannot run cars on BS alone
Old 12 Apr 2024, 19:03 (Ref:4204793)   #2856
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
You cannot run cars on BS alone
This is very true, although they just about managed to do so last year.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 00:52 (Ref:4204811)   #2857
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be fine. Team HARD will be at the first race with all of their cars and you will all look very silly. Honestly dont know why you dont show Gilham some respect tbh, look what hes done in the sport. Amazing things. Always putting quality out there on the grid. Without him youd be watching NAPA v BMW
Old 13 Apr 2024, 08:05 (Ref:4204834)   #2858
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
It will be fine. Team HARD will be at the first race with all of their cars and you will all look very silly. Honestly dont know why you dont show Gilham some respect tbh, look what hes done in the sport. Amazing things. Always putting quality out there on the grid. Without him youd be watching NAPA v BMW

I would assume that this is supposed to be a sarcastic posting; however, you need to be clear that that is what it is supposed to be, otherwise some members will take it at face value. Especially those who have been adversely affected by the HARD affair in the past.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 10:03 (Ref:4204840)   #2859
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Never in the field of touring car stitch-ups was so much owed to so many by so few?
Old 13 Apr 2024, 14:17 (Ref:4204850)   #2860
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Never in the field of touring car stitch-ups was so much owed to so many by so few?
I dont know about this, the team is still in business and allowed to compete so it cant be that bad?

Last edited by v8supes; 13 Apr 2024 at 14:23.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 14:43 (Ref:4204851)   #2861
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I think Porsche need to work out what they want PCCGB to be. If they want Pro/Pro-Am/Am, then they need to figure out how to attract more than 2 Ams. As happened last year, I wouldn't be surprised if the class disappears before the end of the year. I remember reading last year that Porsche were considering introducing ABS and other driver aids for Am drivers - I wonder if they actually did? If they want to bill PCCGB as a series for Pro and Pro-Am, then they need to return to the pre-2018 structure of an overall championship table for everyone, and then a sub-championship that Pro-Ams (or perhaps drivers over a certain age) can score towards.
Just watching PCC France and they have the same issue with Pro AM entries. Just 3 for the first weekend.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4204856)   #2862
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
I dont know about this, the team is still in business and allowed to compete so it cant be that bad?
I think it's going to start coming out in the wash soon enough. Even some of the Gilham & Allen family don't know how bad things are.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 16:29 (Ref:4204857)   #2863
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Maybe time for TOCA to do some more due diligence as part of the entry process. I know Gow is spinning it that a smaller grid was what he wanted all along, but I would respectfully suggest not this small, this quickly.

The elephant in the room is the looming renewal of BTCC promoter and TV coverage for 2026, and I suspect a new potential promoter will emerge as an option for MSUK to consider.

Sent from my SM-M336B using Tapatalk
Old 13 Apr 2024, 17:36 (Ref:4204865)   #2864
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The elephant in the room is the looming renewal of BTCC promoter and TV coverage for 2026, and I suspect a new potential promoter will emerge as an option for MSUK to consider.
After their success running British F4 and the BRC in house, MSUK may consider doing the same with the BTCC.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 17:45 (Ref:4204866)   #2865
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
After their success running British F4 and the BRC in house, MSUK may consider doing the same with the BTCC.
Not them IMO

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 13 Apr 2024, 18:28 (Ref:4204870)   #2866
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe time for TOCA to do some more due diligence as part of the entry process. I know Gow is spinning it that a smaller grid was what he wanted all along, but I would respectfully suggest not this small, this quickly.
When news of a 20+ BTCC grid started spreading there were multiple people on social media banging on about how it was done and TCR wasn't having any issues etc. TCR grid today at Brands was 15 cars...

The economy is in a mess, bills are through the roof and getting companies to open their wallets is harder than ever.

Gow has already said he didn't want it to happen this quickly but BTCC is a long way from being the only series affected by the current state of affairs.

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...grid/10587353/
Old 13 Apr 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4204874)   #2867
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
People with short memories. Last time it took Octagon half a season to screw it. Careful what you wish for - look at the state of British Rallying and the shambolic Respect project
Old 13 Apr 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4204876)   #2868
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
I suspect a new potential promoter will emerge as an option for MSUK to consider.
You suspect?

MSV is the only organisation that could take on such a project (other than TOCA), and Jonathan has come close the last couple of times.

But as usual, "I suspect" it shall stay with TOCA.
Old 13 Apr 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4204882)   #2869
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

He's consistently said since 2018 that he wanted a 26 car grid, and through this winter he has said in interviews that he wanted to get to that figure through natural wastage and thus TBLs returning like Eurotech/Welch Motorsport did, but the other teams' desire to expand meant demand outstripped supply leaving multicar conglomerate teams as well as the incestuous HARD/Moffatt/Boardly/BMR relationship of loaned/owned licences.

So no spin necessary when its been on record for more than half decade. But when the next TBL criteria gets finalised with the next car spec rules expect a limit on how many licences allowed to be used by one organisation, probably 3 licences max.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 06:31 (Ref:4204902)   #2870
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
You suspect?

MSV is the only organisation that could take on such a project (other than TOCA), and Jonathan has come close the last couple of times.

Different landscape now, though. Other touring car series exist already. Any sort of even light manufacturer support is going to be hard, meaning it will require keeping well funded teams with the resources to design, build, and develop cars.

There is little in the way of manufacturer backed support series nowadays, making TOCA just another promoter trying to fill grid slots.

Much of the USP of the golden days of the TOCA circus rocking up with 3 or 4 manufacturer support series is not coming back and even the prime ITV coverage may not continue after 2026, which is no doubt why Gow is testing the water with tik tok to see what numbers are like.

Sent from my SM-T736B using Tapatalk
Old 14 Apr 2024, 07:59 (Ref:4204907)   #2871
Protonman
Rookie

Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
[/B]

He's consistently said since 2018 that he wanted a 26 car grid, and through this winter he has said in interviews that he wanted to get to that figure through natural wastage and thus TBLs returning like Eurotech/Welch Motorsport did, but the other teams' desire to expand meant demand outstripped supply leaving multicar conglomerate teams as well as the incestuous HARD/Moffatt/Boardly/BMR relationship of loaned/owned licences.

So no spin necessary when its been on record for more than half decade. But when the next TBL criteria gets finalised with the next car spec rules expect a limit on how many licences allowed to be used by one organisation, probably 3 licences max.
When F1 is working on a 20 car grid and refusing to water it down by adding a few teams that may struggle to keep up , why are so many on a downer about this years potential. Twenty is plenty providing the competition runs throughout the grid and everyone proves professional and not processional unlike some series. Future may depend however on whether 4 car teams can be maintained which I feel is stretching it a bit . Needs at least 8 teams participating so it’s to be hoped some we enjoyed before will return in the future but not at the expense of making the whole thing seemingly sillly . The whole team Hard thing is overshadowing the Stirling efforts of those who have entered and it’s too much of this that threatens the longtivity of the future .
Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:04 (Ref:4204908)   #2872
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
You suspect?

Or it could go to sceptic’s suggestion.
Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4204909)   #2873
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonman View Post
When F1 is working on a 20 car grid and refusing to water it down by adding a few teams that may struggle to keep up , why are so many on a downer about this years potential. Twenty is plenty providing the competition runs throughout the grid and everyone proves professional and not processional unlike some series. Future may depend however on whether 4 car teams can be maintained which I feel is stretching it a bit . Needs at least 8 teams participating so it’s to be hoped some we enjoyed before will return in the future but not at the expense of making the whole thing seemingly sillly . The whole team Hard thing is overshadowing the Stirling efforts of those who have entered and it’s too much of this that threatens the longtivity of the future .
Because people love sitting in there armchairs being down on everything - it’s easy. Slagging entires, Teams , Drivers, Liveries, Calendar , TOCA, Officials, TV,rules. When it’s all gone they will be the first to ***** aswell. BTCC is one on the best series in the World and it should be supported and talked up - the naysayers should save themselvs a lot of pain and look elsewhere
Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:19 (Ref:4204910)   #2874
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonman View Post
Because people love sitting in there armchairs being down on everything - it’s easy. Slagging entires, Teams , Drivers, Liveries, Calendar , TOCA, Officials, TV,rules. When it’s all gone they will be the first to Moan aswell. BTCC is one on the best series in the World and it should be supported and talked up - the naysayers should save themselvs a lot of pain and look elsewhere
Old 14 Apr 2024, 08:46 (Ref:4204912)   #2875
Pickles
Veteran

I'm looking forward to this season, thinking about it I do miss the teams like Welch and Handy who might spring the occasional surprise and get on the podium. The multi car teams is just what we have at the moment, I think things do need a bit of a shake up but in the current climate would anyone do a better job than TOCA?