Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 2023, 13:00 (Ref:4154609)   #1576
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Are you sure they invested or did the ATCC/888 invest on their behalf (with the latter expecting returns from selling composite body panels)?
Fair question, and we won't know the precise answer. But GM were still willing to do the deal and remain involved in Supercars.
Old 8 May 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4155036)   #1577
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Chevrolet is only selling Silverado and Corvette in Australia?
Old 9 May 2023, 00:19 (Ref:4155116)   #1578
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Correct.
Old 9 May 2023, 07:28 (Ref:4155141)   #1579
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Since they sold Opel & Vauxhall, exited Thailand production, and shut down Holden they don't have anything else RHD to sell.

Out of all that I do wonder what happened to GMDAT, formerly Daewoo.
Old 9 May 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4155233)   #1580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Since they sold Opel & Vauxhall, exited Thailand production, and shut down Holden they don't have anything else RHD to sell.

Out of all that I do wonder what happened to GMDAT, formerly Daewoo.
Wonder why they sold them? I know times get difficult for some manufacturers, but it does seem a major blow to lose Holden.

Good question about GMDAT, they picked up Daewoo, but we don't seem to have heard much of them since
Old 9 May 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4155245)   #1581
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I assumed they would sell some other Chevrolet models. Corvette is a niche model. I can imagine trucks are popular in Australia so they sell a decent amount of Silverado's.

Do Holden dealers, buyers and fans regret they remained part of GM instead of being sold like Opel and Vauxhall to PSA (now Stellantis)? I think in that case Holden would still exist.
Old 9 May 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4155274)   #1582
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do Holden dealers, buyers and fans regret they remained part of GM instead of being sold like Opel and Vauxhall to PSA (now Stellantis)? I think in that case Holden would still exist.
Yeah, that's actually something I wonder about as well. Kind of missed it at the time when it was done but it was never truly certain to me why Holden hasn't moved to PSA together with Opel and Vauxhall.
Even if that had been the case, Holdens would've been just rebranded Opels much as the last Commodore was and as I understand, this was hardly palatable for die-hard Holden fans in Australia. And given Insignia is being phased out all over the world (no longer sold in the UK and nearing its end elsewhere), Commodore name would either disappear or move to other cars, which are even less Commodore-ish than the last one.
Old 10 May 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4155367)   #1583
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Supercars looking at new Gen3 engine parity testing

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/05/10...arity-testing/
Old 11 May 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4155515)   #1584
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yeah, that's actually something I wonder about as well. Kind of missed it at the time when it was done but it was never truly certain to me why Holden hasn't moved to PSA together with Opel and Vauxhall.
Holden had a go with Opel and it hadn't gone well. I certainly agree with the question as Opel seems to go OK in NZ.

The Insignia was actually a really good car - it just should never have been a Commodore.

the 2L turbo with 9sp auto, especially in a wagon, is a really good car.
Old 11 May 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4155526)   #1585
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree on Insignia, my dad used to drive two versions (pre-facelift and the refreshed out but both the first generation) and both were very nice cars.
Old 11 May 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4155622)   #1586
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Supercars looking at new Gen3 engine parity testing

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/05/10...arity-testing/
Why not organise an engine swap between one or both DJR and 888 cars for Symmons Plains? E.g., swap the engines between #17 and #97, and compare #97 with the Coyote to #88 with the original LS (and #17 with LS to #11 with Coyote).

If there is no engine disparity, then that would produce good "racing conditions" data to support that.
Old 12 May 2023, 02:15 (Ref:4155634)   #1587
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Why not organise an engine swap between one or both DJR and 888 cars for Symmons Plains? E.g., swap the engines between #17 and #97, and compare #97 with the Coyote to #88 with the original LS (and #17 with LS to #11 with Coyote).

If there is no engine disparity, then that would produce good "racing conditions" data to support that.
Or go to an airstrip and have Giz, Feeney or Brodie swap cars with Waters, Mostert or Reynolds. The cars would need to be impounded immediately after a race.
Old 12 May 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4155647)   #1588
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Holden had a go with Opel and it hadn't gone well. I certainly agree with the question as Opel seems to go OK in NZ.

The Insignia was actually a really good car - it just should never have been a Commodore.

the 2L turbo with 9sp auto, especially in a wagon, is a really good car.
That's such a shame seeing how great a brand Holden has been in Oz. Just doesn't feel the same without them
Old 24 May 2023, 08:34 (Ref:4157686)   #1589
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From This Clip about the CoolDrive car..

..could you conclude that V8Supercar is fiddling with engine maps on the run…
..and could you further conclude that the change after the first session led to a reduction in speed and therefore competitiveness of the #3 CoolDrive car?

And if so.. when can CoolDrive Racing, for example, expect a cheque from V8Supercars for a lack of competitiveness, and the accompanying lack of teev air time as the car was at the back

Why are teams testing on the run??

Can KRE rustle up enough Gen3 Chevrolets to power the whole field and bump off this ineffectiveness means of carrying out reparitising engine performance in public?

Madness all…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Closed Thread