Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3112128)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 20: Indianapolis MS -Crown Royal Presents the Curtiss Shaver 400

WTF ever on the name - its the Brickyard 400 to me.

JAYSKI
Old 27 Jul 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3112137)   #2
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if a restraining order will be issued for Danicafan this weekend.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3112142)   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crown Royal presents the Curtiss Shaver 400 at the Brickyard powered by BigMachinerecords.com with the Indianapolis empty aluminium festival on Friday and Saturday, sounds like a great weekend.

Thankfully ARCA will still be at IRP.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3112145)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Thankfully ARCA will still be at IRP.
More than likely, that will be the better race...
Old 27 Jul 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3112148)   #5
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
More than likely, that will be the better race...
Are you sure? The 4 fans that will show up to the Rolex race might disagree with you.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3112158)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ARCA is always more enjoyable than Nascar...

The Grand-Am / CTCC package is nice but I wish they had put some Nascar stuff on the oval to happen on the same day as well, you know to assure that someone actually turns up to watch the race. Or ARCA on Indy road course, for once Speed might've actually covered a non superspeedway or regular oval race for that series
Old 27 Jul 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3112160)   #7
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
ARCA is always more enjoyable than Nascar...

The Grand-Am / CTCC package is nice but I wish they had put some Nascar stuff on the oval for the same day as well, you know to assure that someone actually turns up to watch the race
Actually, that wouldn't help, they had a Rolex race only two hours before the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona Sprint Cup race and nobody, and yes I mean NOBODY, showed up for it.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3112247)   #8
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Miller's take.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...rd-blues-pt-1/
Old 27 Jul 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3112305)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Are you sure? The 4 fans that will show up to the Rolex race might disagree with you.
Well, I for one will still watch - and enjoy - the Rolex race (that starts in one hour)

On a side note, I have mixed emotions about the Nationwide race. While I'm on one hand a bit bummed to see them leave IRP, I'm also curious to see them race at the Brickyard. With the lower horse power the NW cars run almost flat out all the way around - apparently it's possible to run flat in the corners if you're brave, as some drivers put it - so I wonder how slipstreaming etc will come in effect.
Old 27 Jul 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3112310)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Actually, that wouldn't help, they had a Rolex race only two hours before the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona Sprint Cup race and nobody, and yes I mean NOBODY, showed up for it.
run NASCAR things on either side of the rolex race
Old 28 Jul 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3112846)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Massive crowd at IMS for Nationwide, I never knew Aluminum seats were such big NASCAR fans.
Old 28 Jul 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3112902)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Danica snoozin', Danica wrecks. Reed ragin' I suspect.
Old 28 Jul 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3112948)   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Complete disgrace to black flag Sadler Kyle Busch did the EXACT SAME THING minus a push from behind, and got away with it.

///WWE
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3113335)   #14
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the same at all!

The rules for a restart after a caution are somewhat different to those that apply at the start of a race.

In the latter case, the field is under the control of the starter on the rostrum. The car in pole postion is meant to lead the field to the startline once the pace car has pulled off, but once the green flag has been waved, it's every man/woman for his or herself. If the polesitter fails to make a clean start,tough. Therefore, Kyle Busch was not penalised.

At a caution restart, the lead car restarts the race by crossing the line. If for whatever reason another competitor crosses the line before the erstwhile leader, then they must cede the place back to that leader, or face a drive through penalty. That's what Elliott Sadler was penalised for- not jumping the start (he didn't), but crossing the line before the designated lead car, and then failing to give back the place.

Simples, uhh?
Old 29 Jul 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3113341)   #15
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Not the same at all!

The rules for a restart after a caution are somewhat different to those that apply at the start of a race.

In the latter case, the field is under the control of the starter on the rostrum. The car in pole postion is meant to lead the field to the startline once the pace car has pulled off, but once the green flag has been waved, it's every man/woman for his or herself. If the polesitter fails to make a clean start,tough. Therefore, Kyle Busch was not penalised.

At a caution restart, the lead car restarts the race by crossing the line. If for whatever reason another competitor crosses the line before the erstwhile leader, then they must cede the place back to that leader, or face a drive through penalty. That's what Elliott Sadler was penalised for- not jumping the start (he didn't), but crossing the line before the designated lead car, and then failing to give back the place.

Simples, uhh?
So Sadler should have slowed down significantly with a car pushing him on his back bumper and caused a massive wreck which likely would have taken out most of the front runners including BK? Why was Kenseth not penalised on a restart at Bristol this year for doing the same thing? Why not Busch at Phoenix Nationwide 2011?

Logic wins again hooray!
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3113354)   #16
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Don't shoot the messenger! I'm merely explaining the NASCAR rules as they stand.

Keselowski is not without blame in all of this; he got on the gas, then checked up, which dummied Sadler into taking off, and crossing the line ahead of him. I take the point about Sadler being pushed from behind, but that was, ironically, by Austin Dillon, his own team mate, who benefitted in terms of the championship standings from Sadler's penalty.

Sadler is an experienced driver, who should by now be familiar with NASCAR's competition regulations. All he had to do to to avoid penalty was to cede the place back to Kezelowski; that he failed so to do can be no-one's fault but his own.

I'm not trying to condone or justify NASCAR's regulations, merely explaining them.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3113361)   #17
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Don't shoot the messenger! I'm merely explaining the NASCAR rules as they stand.

Keselowski is not without blame in all of this; he got on the gas, then checked up, which dummied Sadler into taking off, and crossing the line ahead of him. I take the point about Sadler being pushed from behind, but that was, ironically, by Austin Dillon, his own team mate, who benefitted in terms of the championship standings from Sadler's penalty.

Sadler is an experienced driver, who should by now be familiar with NASCAR's competition regulations. All he had to do to to avoid penalty was to cede the place back to Kezelowski; that he failed so to do can be no-one's fault but his own.

I'm not trying to condone or justify NASCAR's regulations, merely explaining them.
No it's okay, it's just there have been plenty of instances were the 2nd bplace car has got to the line before the leader on restarts, as recently as the Bristol cup race this year.
Old 29 Jul 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3113369)   #18
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
If the second-placed car beat the leader to the line on a restart, and then failed to attempt to give the place back, then yes, they should have been penalised, as Sadler was yesterday.

When Kezelowski checked up, his own team mate hit him up the back and he spun up his rear tyres. What if Hornish had wrecked him, bringing out a caution either immediately before, or just after, they'd crossed the line; would Sadler still have been penalised? I ask because he then wouldn't have had a leader to cede the place back to!
Old 30 Jul 2012, 03:46 (Ref:3113522)   #19
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring Cup race today.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 04:12 (Ref:3113524)   #20
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Boring Cup race today.
These cars are pants in general for this track, they try to get you excited for it all week (cough ESPN) and every year with some rare exceptions it disappoints and is consistently one of the most boring of the year. Sure there are many races like this in the world, Monaco GP being a good example, but now that the place has lost it's magic and the attendance looks pathetic, it's just another race on the NASCAR schedule, a very boring race at that. I don't blame the fans for not showing up, the racing is boring and a single file parade, it's hot, there's tv, the economy sucks, IMS is a bad place to watch a motor race, ect ect and nothing the Hulman company or NASCAR pulls out from their rear end like lights or adding extra races for series nobody attends is going to help it.

Congrats to Jimmie Johnson on his 4th win here though, and I fully expect JJ and 48 to get their six-pack this year.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3113650)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed...

Ambrose, 20th, no speed today - frustrating...
Old 31 Jul 2012, 02:20 (Ref:3114044)   #22
HJJ
Veteran

United States
http://www.ibj.com/nascar-in-indy-st.../article/35811